R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-18-2009, 01:25 PM   #31
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian View Post
well dialing back the power on the engine is just one thing !!! if you use 301 as the track then you have high traction and good sweeping corners .the you can control fuel by just useing your finger and just be smooth on the gas and roll on the gas 'instead of yanking and work on corner speed in you setup .

if you going to do the pit stop anyway and split it 2 5minutes pit stops. then in practice do a fuel run and try and get 6min pure tank or more with out hurting your lap times . changing to a bigger restrictor do not all ways make you faster . wheel spin will hurt you on the low end and braking early will hurt you on the top . some times changing the carb inlet will smooth out the engine power save fuel and make you faster. but with the pipe and carb change gave you more power . a problem is can you use !!!. so i see no need to have to change engines unless you want to .
and how many of us really come to the race with just one powerplant
Jimmy, u're basing ur information on what? Dawg, u don't race. What r u talking about? Doc races at 301 often. U really don't do that much racing at all. U have 2 race b4 u can give out that type of information dude.

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:30 PM   #32
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pooh2 View Post
Jimmy, u're basing ur information on what? Dawg, u don't race. What r u talking about? Doc races at 301 often. U really don't do that much racing at all. U have 2 race b4 u can give out that type of information dude.
pooh2!!! you still have not grown up !!!!! you still dont know what you are talking about. the question was not for you so leave it at that . i will tell you one more time so dont pm me after this . i did not race in brooklyn last year because i wanted to get a way from all the BULL$HiT THAT WAS GOING ON . that does not mean i was not racing where do you get your info !!!. tell you what when you come back to nyc to race call me you got the number and dont block your number i will be there !!!!
information is what you make it !!! did you look up the word lackie yet
sorry to everyone this off the topic

Last edited by captian; 01-18-2009 at 02:32 PM. Reason: add
captian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 02:42 PM   #33
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Send a message via MSN to Pooh2

Quote:
Originally Posted by captian View Post
pooh2!!! you still have not grown up !!!!! you still dont know what you are talking about. the question was not for you so leave it at that . i will tell you one more time so dont pm me after this . i did not race in brooklyn last year because i wanted to get a way from all the BULL$HiT THAT WAS GOING ON . that does not mean i was not racing where do you get your info !!!. tell you what when you come back to nyc to race call me you got the number and dont block your number i will be there !!!!
information is what you make it !!! did you look up the word lackie yet
sorry to everyone this off the topic

"Since the Bible and the church are obviously mistaken in telling us where we came from, how can we trust them to tell us where we are going"?
Pooh2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #34
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

No one fast is going to do 7+ minutes at 301. I could do it but would be half a second a lap slower. Pitting would be quicker.

Slick parking lot tracks are another story.
wingracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #35
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizby View Post
.......... No reason to build a killer 3.5 minute engine. Still dont like a pit man possibly hurting someones qualifying position.

Never have understood why it seems to be perfectly acceptable for a pit man to possibly hurt someone in the mains but not in a qualifier.
www.motorists.org
P2gee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #36
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to va_connoisseur
Default Call me Nick the New Guy

All this talk about 3.5 minute engines and having multiple engines per race weekend. Maybe we should examine if this would help reign in the cost of racing.

Could the change to a 10 minute qual, which would require a pit stop, also cause racers to be a little more responsible with engines? Stop leaning them to death.

For me, it was a big let down to spend 2 and half bills on a motor, only to be told if I want to be really competitive, I would need 1 or 2 more to make it through a season. And that was 1/10 scale.

What are the chances that this could turn out to be a good thing to bring down the price of racing? I don't know, call me Nick the New Guy.
va_connoisseur is offline   Reply With Quote