Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 966

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 03:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
Guys, you can see the Admiral way that a brother of a shop that is highly represented on these forums, can carry on. this isnt great representation of not only a racing Team, or for his brother, or for Serpent in general.

What i think is great, is that Kamakaze supports his racers/ customers, has great representation at the track, and does do alot for the local racing in general. i will not take all that hard work away from anyone.

But if you wish to have an agenda to your posts, to lure people to ones brothers shop, i do believe that that is very commercial in nature, and i believe Kamakaze has their own Shop thread some where on this forum.

all that was asked was a question about why so cheap, then some one steps sideways and bypasses the real truth, which today became aware to all.

We are all here to help one another with the Product, and share knowledge that one has. gone are the days where one can ask a Top level driver questions, and get great down to earth answers and reasons to why. i believe the absence of DJ Apolaro from serpent has hurt this. This is one person who is down to Earth, easy to talk to, and generally a great help to the product and everyone involved. i know Poalo get on from time to time, but DJ is greatly Missed.

if someone can get over themselves and carry on like a normal human being, then maybe things can get back to normal, and the knowledge of the new TE car can shine through and then world wide results may follow .

So lets just try Sherman, just try.........
You are the one who need to carry on like a normal human being, you did
attack my post didn't you? and all of a sudden your a Victim,,,, oh,Please...nice try. k, I'm done.....

Sorry Guys didn't mean to do this in here..
All post in this thread had nothing to do with Any Teams, Group and Hobby shops.

Last edited by ShermanSim; 07-26-2011 at 04:22 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:19 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

hahhaha u idiot. ignorance is bliss...............
Cheers Dan. at least its a minority of people with out manners and respect, ooops.
Originally Posted by ShermanSim
Stay away from my post stupid,,,

& Pissed off Moron!
You are the one who need to carry on like a normal human being, you did
attack my post didn't you? and all of a sudden your a Victim,,,, oh,Please...nice try. k, I'm done.....

Sorry Guys didn't mean to do this in here..
All post in this thread had nothing to do with Any Teams, Group and Hobby shops.
can both of you drop it , if it continues both of you will be gone for at least 6 months
Old 07-27-2011, 06:19 AM
Tech Master

Default Timezone Event

Great Job Paolo! You and your car were smooth as butter. TQ and a win on a very difficult circuit - well done.

Paolo, you are a class act and a terrific RC racing ambassador. Always ready with a smile and a kind word. For any racer out there - Paolo is quite approachable and VERY knowledgeable I always enjoy technical exchanges with him.

Once again, very well done!!
Old 07-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by YR4Dude
Okay so I'm just a radio plate shy of the TE version but it doesn't have the Evo rear end or the new SL8 tranny.

I appreciate all the suspension and radio plate mods because I have seen how it dramatically improved my lap times. However I'm not seeing how the SL8 would be beneficial to me. I know before I can even consider putting on the SL8, I have to upgrade to the Evo bulkheads. Not sure if the advantages of the SL8 are worth all that expense.
Are you coming out this weekend?
Old 07-27-2011, 09:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by fasteddie d
Just wanted to thank you for helping me out at the Timezone grandprix over the weekend with my 966 .I took the info that you gave me and tweeked a little for my driving style and the car was greatly improved ...I just got a little nervous during my main and let the bump up postion slip from me .

I think we as racers have to know when to approach top drivers during a race .I found all in your group to be great abassadors and hope that you all come back for another round as the Canadian westcoast Serpent team will be back for another challenge with more drivers .

One of our drivers acutally made the bump to the A main for nitro touring car.
It will be something we in our group will be talking about for a long time

You guys got class .Keep up the good work

P.S. Congrats on the win (sweet victory)
It was a pleasure to meet you and help you. See you next time.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:18 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rich Browne
Great Job Paolo! You and your car were smooth as butter. TQ and a win on a very difficult circuit - well done.

Paolo, you are a class act and a terrific RC racing ambassador. Always ready with a smile and a kind word. For any racer out there - Paolo is quite approachable and VERY knowledgeable I always enjoy technical exchanges with him.

Once again, very well done!!
Thanks Rich.
Old 07-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)

Are you coming out this weekend?
Pulled a muscle on my leg while doing work around the house. I'm doing my own home improvements because my budget is so limited such that I can't even afford a "day laborer".

Would like to get out there with the clutch properly tuned and the Picco running at its best. It was fun and fast last time. I'm looking forward to putting on the new radio plate to see how much improvement I will get out of that.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Pulled a muscle on my leg while doing work around the house. I'm doing my own home improvements because my budget is so limited such that I can't even afford a "day laborer".

Would like to get out there with the clutch properly tuned and the Picco running at its best. It was fun and fast last time. I'm looking forward to putting on the new radio plate to see how much improvement I will get out of that.
Come see Daddy for the radio tray

By the way the next club race is August 14 (2nd Sunday)
Old 07-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Tech Adept

Is anyone running the black xp clutch shoe and how does it compare with the brown? I'm doing some comparison testing this weekend but thought I would ask you lot first.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JIM1
Is anyone running the black xp clutch shoe and how does it compare with the brown? I'm doing some comparison testing this weekend but thought I would ask you lot first.
I've run the black shoe / aluminum bell combo for three events now - very pleased with the results - seems to have a wider "sweet spot" if that makes any sense.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Come see Daddy for the radio tray

By the way the next club race is August 14 (2nd Sunday)
August 6-7 is what Glen text me.
Old 07-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Robert R
August 6-7 is what Glen text me.
Ooops!
Old 07-27-2011, 05:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

k, I'll see you in a week then, hopefully you'll feel better.
Old 07-27-2011, 06:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by JIM1
Originally Posted by Rick Davis
I've run the black shoe / aluminum bell combo for three events now - very pleased with the results - seems to have a wider "sweet spot" if that makes any sense.
Rick is correct. The black shoe with the alu bell is the best clutch in my opinion. If you are running the steel bell, then the yellow pad is the best option, since the black will slip too much.

I run the black shoe with the 909520 serpent spring, 0.9 preload and 0.7 gap

Paolo
Old 07-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paolo M
Rick is correct. The black shoe with the alu bell is the best clutch in my opinion. If you are running the steel bell, then the yellow pad is the best option, since the black will slip too much.

I run the black shoe with the 909520 serpent spring, 0.9 preload and 0.7 gap

Paolo
If you run the aluminum/black clutch combo be very attentive to maintenance. Keep the bearings clean, thrust bearing greased/lubed and the bearing races burr free. The Aluminum set up is killar snappy, but, it does require more attention than the steel/orange combo.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.