Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Serpent 966

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Kendall
I got everything to work. I had to make sure the pad was sliding over the bushing that holds it in place. After I did that I had no problem after testing it with my radio gear. Thanks.
+1 to Kendall for figuring out his brake problem! Yeah once everythings lined up, clearances are spot on!

Nitrodude had the same problem with his brakes since the collar wasn't lined up against the holes for the pads, but he eventually figured it out as well... with a little bit of my help. LOL
Old 03-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Tech Elite

For those waiting for their 966 Race cars, hang on just a little bit more!

http://www.serpent.com/news/12664/Se...ly-update.html

Originally Posted by Ronald Baar
Serpent 966 and upgrade, supply update (20/03/2009)

By:
Ronald Baar
Linked to:
Serpent 966 1/8 scale 4WD

The first production of the Serpent 966 is fully pre-sold and almost ready to leave the factory.

We had some delays due to issues with few moulds and materials, but this is being taken care of and solved.

The first kits will be shipped to our distributors in the 1st week of april ( ofcourse we try to do it even sooner), which means that 966 kits will be at your dealers between mid en end of april. Its all depends on transport time to the various parts of the world. To make it arrive everywhere at the same time, is not possible.

The upgrade sets for Serpent 960 >> 966 have been shipped to distributors in last week and more to follow in this week. With these shipments we are able to cover most of the backorders, but still not all.

We are very proud to see such large interest in both the Serpent 966 car and the Upgrade set.

The 1st results from practise and racing, show very good results and we are getting many positive reactions ! Thank you !!

Again sorry for the long wait, but hope enjoy the racing !

Team Serpent
Old 03-20-2009, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Default thanks for the help Nidge

Originally Posted by nigelnuggets
Joel Esguerra and Dindo Laroya looked really good with their Serpent 966's today!
The set up worked very well...car was fast, your pops set the clutch perfecccttt. your set up was very good too!!....car was easy to drive until my steering servo gave up on me..ps..need the new red springs tho...
the old red springs looks odd on the new car...

Thanks to you and your pops....I was driving the car as if i was an "expert "...yeah right....
Old 03-21-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Hey guys I have a friend selling his almost new 966. It has all new plastices and lots of extra parts. I looked at the car before he posted it and it was sweet. Dont wait till the kits are in stock. Here is the link for ebay..

He has some great pics of the car. Take a look!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Serpent-966-serp...3A1%7C294%3A50
Old 03-21-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I can say... that 966 for sale , is well taken care of & not beat to death. good seller..and good friend.. don't be affraid to buy from him.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Why is he selling it??
Old 03-21-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangulo
Hey guys I have a friend selling his almost new 966. It has all new plastices and lots of extra parts. I looked at the car before he posted it and it was sweet. Dont wait till the kits are in stock. Here is the link for ebay..

He has some great pics of the car. Take a look!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Serpent-966-serp...3A1%7C294%3A50
can ship to asia??
Old 03-21-2009, 09:14 PM
Tech Elite

Kenny is the man! He still needs to tint my windows though! LOL

Anyway, great practice today again with Dindo Laroya, local racer running the new 966. Super dialed and super fast car! Too easy to drive!
Old 03-22-2009, 11:26 PM
dbl
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Thanks again to Nigel and Sam for tuning the car! My 966 handled great!!!
Old 03-23-2009, 03:26 PM
M7H
Tech Elite

I also drove my 966 for the first time past weekend....
I really couldn't believe that it was possible but it is even more responsive then my 960 already was....
Could go a bit earlier on throttle exiting some tight corners, and could place the car just a bit more precise through the 2 fast corners onto the straight of the MACH track, making it 1 fluent corner....
And the breaks.... I love it!!!!....
All this resulted in breaking my own lap record.....

Then I put my new IDM evo3 engine on it......
The feeling I then had...
Well, I'm Dutch, and on this American forum, my feeling would be... *beeeeppp*...

For the non believers I also have something nice to think about.

Last week on Tuesday, Michael Salven did a really nice test on the MACH track.
He went to the track with a fully mounted 960'08 and a 966 rear end and chassis, and swapped between them, just to feel and see the difference between the cars on the exact same track conditions....
The outcome was in the line of expectation....

I followed this on the webcam, and could see Michael driving the 966 with a big smile on his face.....

I go with a lot of confidence to our 1st national, in 2 weeks time....
Old 03-23-2009, 06:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M7H
I also drove my 966 for the first time past weekend....
I really couldn't believe that it was possible but it is even more responsive then my 960 already was....
Could go a bit earlier on throttle exiting some tight corners, and could place the car just a bit more precise through the 2 fast corners onto the straight of the MACH track, making it 1 fluent corner....
And the breaks.... I love it!!!!....
All this resulted in breaking my own lap record.....

Then I put my new IDM evo3 engine on it......
The feeling I then had...
Well, I'm Dutch, and on this American forum, my feeling would be... *beeeeppp*...

For the non believers I also have something nice to think about.

Last week on Tuesday, Michael Salven did a really nice test on the MACH track.
He went to the track with a fully mounted 960'08 and a 966 rear end and chassis, and swapped between them, just to feel and see the difference between the cars on the exact same track conditions....
The outcome was in the line of expectation....

I followed this on the webcam, and could see Michael driving the 966 with a big smile on his face.....

I go with a lot of confidence to our 1st national, in 2 weeks time....
Yeah and I wish you well...
Old 03-23-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

hi guys, a couple of questions about the 966 if you dont mind.

i run a 960 first version and i guess with a mixture of FD and '07 parts. will be converting to the 960 '08 for now and hopefully in the middle of the season, i'll converted to the 966.

i see a lot of you who are currently running the 966 reporting the car handles great and stuff, the question i have is, how does changing the rear of the car from plastic to alloy affect the handling of the car? i mean geometry wise, i am guessing it's the same as the old plastic mount, but i see some report which sounds to me like it's a totally different car.

my question is more of my curiousity than questioning about if the car actually handles that well with the upgrade. since no matter what happened, i am a serpent guy and will not change to other brand.

one last question, since my plan is to upgrade to the 966 eventually, i dont see a point upgrading to an '08 chassis and only run it for half a season. are there any mod i need to do to my first version chassis?

thanks
Old 03-24-2009, 12:55 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by amuse
hi guys, a couple of questions about the 966 if you dont mind.

i run a 960 first version and i guess with a mixture of FD and '07 parts. will be converting to the 960 '08 for now and hopefully in the middle of the season, i'll converted to the 966.

i see a lot of you who are currently running the 966 reporting the car handles great and stuff, the question i have is, how does changing the rear of the car from plastic to alloy affect the handling of the car? i mean geometry wise, i am guessing it's the same as the old plastic mount, but i see some report which sounds to me like it's a totally different car.

my question is more of my curiousity than questioning about if the car actually handles that well with the upgrade. since no matter what happened, i am a serpent guy and will not change to other brand.

one last question, since my plan is to upgrade to the 966 eventually, i dont see a point upgrading to an '08 chassis and only run it for half a season. are there any mod i need to do to my first version chassis?

thanks
For your Original 960, the chassis was modified slightly to fit the new 08' adjustments such as rear lower arms being beefier and front swaybar mount moved in the middle of the bulkhead instead of in front of it.

The Aluminum bulkheads help so that they maintain the efficiency of our drivetrain, keeping the car even more consistent. Also since we are able now to shorten our wheelbase in the rear as well, we can change handling characteristics such as steering response through length as well as weight transfer.

If you can get your hands a hold of an 08' its a good idea as well, since you will be able to get a feel for the car with the upgrades before switching over to your 966.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Also , with the new braking system the whole car feels like it has been freed

up it seem's to carry more speed everyware on the track.
Old 03-24-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

thanks guys, it make sense now that you can shorten the rear with the new bulk head since i dont remember reading in the product description on serpent's site.

you guys made me want the 966 upgrade NOW...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.