Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1/10 235mm Onroad

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2003, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Default 1/10 235mm Onroad

I've owned a few V One R's and want something else besides 200mm sedans. I'd love an 1/8th but the price of the car and a decent 3.5cc engine is more than what i'd like to spend. I know 235mm is not cheap, but its more feasible for me at the moment than a full blown 1/8th. Does anyone race/run these anymore because it seems like there are no threads on this class and barely any info on mytsn.com either.

Also I'm looking at the Evo4 MS 7+1 and the Evo5 MS 5+1. Is there much power difference between the 4 and the 5?
Old 10-13-2003, 03:20 PM
Tech Addict

Oh yeah, does anyone run the mugen avance k2-x anymore?
Old 10-13-2003, 03:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have the Serpent impact m2.and I dont run them anymore because everyone that was running the class went to 200mm class to race.I just got back into racing and I have a tourer now along with my impacts and I still wish that people in my area would run the impacts the cars are exceptional and in my opinon are much quiker and handle better than the 1/8 and some are just as fast too.I also have a brand new in the box sx15evo4 7p motor just wainting to be run, alot of people I know still wish they had this motor to run they arnt impressed with the new 5p evo5 from what I gather.The expense difference between the 1/8 and 1/10 onroad cars is the motor in the 1/8 car being more. The tire expense is the same if you want to go fast you need a ton of tires and combo of tires so the cost is about the same as far as that cause you can really wear the tires quick.
Old 10-13-2003, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

i found a few sites that carry the 835 and the Evo 4 engine. guess i'll go with the Evo 4 if i do get one. at least there is still support from serpent for the 235mm class and a lot of retailers still carry the car. i dont see any online retailer that carries the mugen avance.

too many tourers nowadays. i like the look of the 235's more and also they use a big block .15 so that sounds pretty cool to me. too bad not that many people are interested in this class.
Old 10-13-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Regular

ultimate hobbies in Orange Calif. has them for $330 (K2 adv.)ultimatehobbies.com. I was looking at the same kit going with the 200 sedan class though...... good Luck
Old 10-13-2003, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: 1/10 235mm Onroad

Originally posted by icon
I've owned a few V One R's and want something else besides 200mm sedans. I'd love an 1/8th but the price of the car and a decent 3.5cc engine is more than what i'd like to spend. I know 235mm is not cheap, but its more feasible for me at the moment than a full blown 1/8th. Does anyone race/run these anymore because it seems like there are no threads on this class and barely any info on mytsn.com either.

Also I'm looking at the Evo4 MS 7+1 and the Evo5 MS 5+1. Is there much power difference between the 4 and the 5?
I was going through similar situation as you are, but I end up got an 8th scale.

Now I might be wrong but here are a few numbers and it might help you out to compare!

MRX3 Works Kit----------------$590
Novarossi R1 Kangaroo WC--$375~ this is already plenty fast for most ppl

Tires, roughly around $40~$50 a set of 4, the rest are pretty much the same cost, like servos receivers and pipe

Now, I know 15 size engine is not that much cheaper then 21 size unless you are referring to Jp R1, Rody C5 or Collari C5 and such beast!

Also, 8th scale is most more popular then 235mm 10th scale! make sure you have someone to run with, otherwise you will get bored really fast!

Just my $0,02
Old 10-13-2003, 10:09 PM
Tech Addict

thats the thing, there are no local tracks around massachusetts for nitro onroad (where i live anyways) . the LHS i work for has an onroad track, but its a joke compared to what other shops have. everyone around here runs different classes of cars. i'll probably end up goofing off running with the 200mm guys just for giggles.

i've always liked the 235mm class but money always kept me away from it. i've seen 1/8th scales before and honestly think they are too big for my taste. so now i'm debating between the serpent and the mugen. seems the mugen needs more work to get it to where i would like it (needs centax clutch and a clutch type 2 speed). BTW does anyone know if the clutch type 2 speed & the micro centax from Kawahara for the MTX-2 fit the avance?

AH10:

in the long run the cost of an 1/8th and a 1/10th is gonna be about the same. i just dont like the size of the 1/8th for some reason. but i'll keep the 1/8th in mind because you are correct, if there is no one running 235mm it'd be a waste of time and i'll be bored with it.

Fisher:

Thanx for the info. I'll check out the site :-).

Last edited by icon; 10-13-2003 at 10:16 PM.
Old 10-14-2003, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

Default 235mm

I am a parking lot basher I am interested in the impact too because it is 235mm. I own a big block fusion, it handles ok now after I did alot of work to it but I believe that the impact with a 21 in it would handle better than the fusion because it is 235mm.
Old 10-14-2003, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

thats the thing, there are no local tracks around massachusetts for nitro onroad (where i live anyways) . the LHS i work for has an onroad track, but its a joke compared to what other shops have. everyone around here runs different classes of cars. i'll probably end up goofing off running with the 200mm guys just for giggles.

i've always liked the 235mm class but money always kept me away from it. i've seen 1/8th scales before and honestly think they are too big for my taste. so now i'm debating between the serpent and the mugen. seems the mugen needs more work to get it to where i would like it (needs centax clutch and a clutch type 2 speed). BTW does anyone know if the clutch type 2 speed & the micro centax from Kawahara for the MTX-2 fit the avance?

AH10:

in the long run the cost of an 1/8th and a 1/10th is gonna be about the same. i just dont like the size of the 1/8th for some reason. but i'll keep the 1/8th in mind because you are correct, if there is no one running 235mm it'd be a waste of time and i'll be bored with it.

Fisher:

Thanx for the info. I'll check out the site :-).
Oh sorry bro, I thought you have a permanent onroad track at your area! honestly if you couldnt find a good clean permanent track at your area, I wouldnt even bother with 1/8 onroad or even 235mm onroad. You will be spending a lot of money buying replacment parts, like belts and tires and such!
Old 10-14-2003, 02:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Lightbulb K2X Avance (235 MM)

Oh yeah, does anyone run the mugen avance k2-x anymore?
Hi icon,

I have the K2X car an still run it whenever I get a chance..
Its a fun class to run but lately, its been somewhat of
a dying class at least as far as here in So. California is
concerned. But I still hope that people would start
running it again.

Kevin2K just picked up his Serpent 235 MM a week ago
so hopefully that may be a start of somehow reviving this
class here in our area.

I thank you for starting this thread. It should also help
people not forget about the 235s..

I'll try to drop by as much as I can to keep it going....
Old 10-14-2003, 02:52 PM
Tech Elite

You could tell there are still some interest..
Another guys tried to start another thread having
the same idea in mind...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...threadid=24840
Old 10-14-2003, 04:33 PM
Tech Regular

Do you race at Crystal Park Ronni?
Old 10-14-2003, 11:31 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Fisher890
Do you race at Crystal Park Ronni?
Fish,

Yes, I do sometimes...
How about you?
Old 10-14-2003, 11:38 PM
Tech Regular

soon......I was looking at the 235mm's I really like the looks alot better then the 200mm sedans but I'm afraid I'm going R40 Torn between R40 and MTX3 any input?
Old 10-15-2003, 06:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Seems to me that the R40 is just a copy of the MTX3 basically. A few have shown up at the local track, but the MTX3 seems to be the car to beat.

Icon: You should take a look at some RB engines. I run a stock C4 on my '98 Vector and it is faster than any of the Evo's I have come up against. The only one that was on par with mine was the guy running a Delta modified at twice the price.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.