R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-06-2009, 11:59 AM   #1
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to dgill Send a message via AIM to dgill Send a message via MSN to dgill
Default radio interference

My buddy has a traxxas nitro 4tec and we just got it running again after years of not using it. It has the traxxas 2.5 engine with the easy start, and all the electronics are airtronics. everything seems to run fine but when you start to run at 40-50% throttle and up the steering and throttle start to glitch and sometimes loose control. Ive checked all the wiring and put new batteries and still no luck. any suggestions to what may be causing this and any possible fixes?

Thanks in advance
dgill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 12:02 PM   #2
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to motojon

what about new servos usually when that occurs its either low battery or the servos going out. When I would run cheapy airtronics 102 servo for throttle it would cause all kinds of havoc when it would start to go out
Old 01-06-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via ICQ to dgill Send a message via AIM to dgill Send a message via MSN to dgill

i told him to get a new steering servo anyways since that one is cheap and cant hold well in a turn, so that is something i will try. THe batteries are brand new on the receiver and controller so i know its not a low power issue.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:32 PM   #4
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

Sounds like like you might be getting interference from vibration. This happens when you get the engine up to a certain rpm and metal objects start to vibrate at the correct frequecy (27MHz)which will cause interference with your receiver. this is why it happens at half throttle. I would make sure you don't have any loose metallic objects on the chassis that are allowed to vibrate with the rev of your engine. Insulate them with electrical tape.

Pass you soon...
Chicky fan club member #9
One Eighth Racers of Toledo
lil-bump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 05:56 PM   #5
Tech Regular

You said you put in new batterys, so they are alkaline cells? The holder that comes with an older traxxas are notorious for causeing glitches from bad connections. The spring loaded plastic holder is the cause of many runway cars. Replace the battery holder.
wizby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 06:13 PM   #6
Tech Apprentice

thanks ill have him pick up a new holder tomorrow.