R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   newbie first post in nitro (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/2651-newbie-first-post-nitro.html)

purplegsr 01-24-2002 08:55 PM

newbie first post in nitro

wassup guys.. i was posting in newbie forum for a while.. anyways.. i got my rc today.. i got a great deal for it.. i know the rtr 3 is commng out next month but its all good.. the guy at the shop is cool and he highly recommended the rs4 rtr.. anyways.. i love it.. me and 2 of my boys were racing around the streets.. mad fun!!!!! i know the car isnt the fastest.. for all you hardcore rc people.. but its cool for mee.. and trust me i will be spending more to make it faster!:D

god !!! a new hobby!! means less money in my pocket!:flaming: ;)

Dan 01-24-2002 09:19 PM

Don't spend too much on a NRS4. ;)

Get the car, learn the basics and how to set it up. Play with suspension setup and spring setup. Practice, drive faster.

Then get a pro car. They will be overall cheaper in the long run and handle much better so you can take full advantage once you excel in your driving skills.

TambokGT 01-24-2002 09:58 PM

Dan is right on!!!
Don't buy more stuff for that car...practice and practice....until the car can't handle your driving....then get a new pro car.:D

purplegsr 01-24-2002 11:21 PM

what should i get ?? no hop ups?? just bone stock and drive it?? you guys wouldnt even recommend a 2 speed or a tuned pipe??
otherwise def.. what car would you recomend after this one?? another hpi or should i go for something else??

dtm 01-25-2002 03:27 AM

Go to a track... when you manage to get through a whole tank of fuel without crashing and at a reasonable pace then you are ready for a new car!!! Just spend money on tires and bits that break!!!!

Dan is correct, spending money on this will leave you with a car that is more expensive than something like the Mugen MTX2 or Kyosho V1R but nowhere near the performance and durability! Better to go with a better car when you have figured RC is really what you want to spend money on, because the RS4 can become a bottomless pit with upgrades!!!!!

The RS4 RTR is fine as a starter car!! Enjoy!!!:D

Manticore 01-25-2002 07:37 AM

Originally posted by dtm
Better to go with a better car when you have figured RC is really what you want to spend money on, because the RS4 can become a bottomless pit with upgrades!!!!!
Plus you will never get the performance after all the upgrades! :sneaky: :sneaky:

got_speed? 01-25-2002 08:42 AM

Originally posted by Dan
Don't spend too much on a NRS4. ;)

Get the car, learn the basics and how to set it up. Play with suspension setup and spring setup. Practice, drive faster.

Then get a pro car. They will be overall cheaper in the long run and handle much better so you can take full advantage once you excel in your driving skills.

purplegsr....the guys who posted before me all know thier stuff, all I can say is "been there, done that"..... don't get upgrades for it if you want a better handling car, just keep it running for practice, then get a pro level car.....enjoy the hobby!!!!:D :D :D

LooseCannon 01-25-2002 12:53 PM

Idid the same thing.....spent too much money on a beginner car to make it just a mediocre car. Now it just sits in my office gathering dust on all the carbon fibre parts. OH well anyone want an 90mph RS4-2 :D :rolleyes: :sneaky: