R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-05-2009, 05:12 PM   #16
Suspended

I have been running the v-one rrr for almost four(4) years and never had any problems.Parts are cheap and easily available.
Cheers
kyosho player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 05:24 PM   #17
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)

thanks for all the suggestions. I really want a nt1 with the newest maxpower engine but that is out of my price range. I can afford the best rollers but I cant pay five hundred for a engine. So how is the newest jl red dot?
Old 01-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #18
Tech Regular

very good !
Old 01-05-2009, 06:03 PM   #19
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony montana View Post
thanks for all the suggestions. I really want a nt1 with the newest maxpower engine but that is out of my price range. I can afford the best rollers but I cant pay five hundred for a engine. So how is the newest jl red dot?
The JL Red Dot is a good engine, it is fast, you won't be disappointed.
Team Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 06:17 PM   #20
Suspended

Correct
kyosho player is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:17 PM   #21
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Basically our whole track was dominated by red dots last year. It gave the Novas and others a good run for the money.
VA_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2009, 09:22 PM   #22
Tech Adept

all the car are pretty good. serpent , mugan, kyosho, xray etc. if you stay within this group and go to your local track and hobbiey shop what partrs ar ethe easiest to obtain, that is the car i would get. i think chris at 310 runs mugan so i would guess he will carry those parts at the track. jl red dot is good the tuned version is very fast. picco are easy to break in too
Old 01-05-2009, 11:08 PM   #23
Tech Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to viperbill1963
Thumbs up racing onroad

getting started in racing onraod gas is daunting task like myself after a 8 year layoff from onroad i started again .i picked up a team associated ntc3 rtr from a local guy ,since the motor was shot i replaced it with a new jp red dot .12 and some new servo's for the reliability factor . i started out in a novice class ran that for a few weeks to get aquainted with the car and set ups . if i had any problems all i had to do was asked some of the local racers and they will be more than happy to help you with motor tuning and starting set ups and suggestion for handling changes and tires selections .start with the car you have and learn from that first and when you feel ready up grade to the car of your choice and budget . i am now running a team magic /rdlogic g4+ evo ,sirio ,12 modded by tnt mods with futaba servo and a spektrum radio . now i am hopeing to go to the winternats and do well for my ability and to have some fun .well mostly fun remember this is a hobby just have fun
Old 01-05-2009, 11:18 PM   #24
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

I had the same problem in my Kyosho car... My car's belts didnt last more than 3 races, spurs gear I changed probably each race day and the plastic pulleys each 2 races... When you compare all of this to other cars, the price rockets to the roof. Just my opinion.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:36 AM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riketsu View Post
I had the same problem in my Kyosho car... My car's belts didnt last more than 3 races, spurs gear I changed probably each race day and the plastic pulleys each 2 races... When you compare all of this to other cars, the price rockets to the roof. Just my opinion.
Were you running the SP belts or the kevlar belts. I only run SP belts. I also use the plastic branke pulley instead of the aluminum one. I change my rear belt every two or three races. The front lasts longer and the side even longer than that. One fo the other determining factors is the importance of the race. At the Nats, I would put new belts on for the main no matter how old they were. Save the good used ones for club races etc. The pulleys get changed as needed, but about every 4-6 races. They are cheap. Spurs last a long time if your mesh is good, your pinions are good and you don't get debris in them. One thing about the pinions is 1st gear wears much more quickly than 2nd. I run steel 1st gear pinions frequently.

To the original poster, get a Kyosho if you can. If not look for an Xray, but I think the Kyosho is probably the overall best combination with regards to reliability, value, parts availability, support from other drivers, and most importantly a very capable and competitve car.