R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   Sirio XXX .12 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/262125-sirio-xxx-12-a.html)

drivehardgopro 12-23-2008 11:21 PM

Sirio XXX .12

need any info available from people that have used it... thank you

Michael_T 12-24-2008 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by drivehardgopro (Post 5204496)
need any info available from people that have used it... thank you

So far, very promising, still only about 10 tanks through my Murnan Modified XXX, but it is getting quicker every lap.

Speyederjedi 12-24-2008 07:56 AM

I have the Capricorn version of this motor which is the CL12-ET. It has the black-coated crank case, ceramic bearings and the teflon coated piston and sleeve. I just did the break-in last weekend and it looks very promising. Will be racing it this weekend and trying it out with the new Capricorn power clutch. I will keep you posted.

Regards,
Speyederjedi

drivehardgopro 01-13-2009 12:38 PM

sirio .12 XXX

why is nobody saying anything about this great motor?

i was thinking of buying it but now that nobody says anything about it i am in a big dilemma...

i need to know...is there something wrong with it?

how is it compared to the NovaRossi 353 and the GRP .12?

WoodPecker 01-13-2009 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by drivehardgopro (Post 5288040)

i was thinking of buying it but now that nobody says anything about it i am in a big dilemma...

My opinion you should go with still the best bang for your buck the Picco EVO3 either the stock or the EDO Modified,and at a fraction of the price as these other engines,not trying to bash these other engines im sure they are great engines but pricy..

Speyederjedi 01-13-2009 02:17 PM

I have the Capricorn CL12-ET which is their tuned version of the XXX and it's damn fast. I only have about 20 tanks through it so it's still gonna get faster. No complaints from me. I have 2 Sirio Evo 4 Sti's and the first one I bought is the fastest motor I've ever seen. I have a buddy who has been racing rc for over 17 years and he drove it in my RRR Evo 2 and told me to pull the motor and save it for nationals so that's what I did. I have a feeling the CL 12-ET is going to be a faster motor. I can tell you that the pinch on these motors is great. I have another buddy with an Evo 4 that is over a year old and still fast as hell. All he has done is change the bearings and I think the con rod.
I have had 2 Picco Red Dots and a Picco based IDM and they are not as fast which is why they are sitting in my pit bag. Just my opinion. Sure the Sirios are a bit more in cost but my experience is they last longer, hold a tune better and are faster.

Regards,
Speyederjedi

Vasilis 01-14-2009 05:26 AM

It took me 2 gallons to fully break in mine. Unfortunately it happened in the
middle of a race:mad:. Even being rich it was still faster than the 353 tuned version.:)
It has a lot more power throughout the rev band than the EVO4 sti and also
better runtime.

Lol I think now my NT1 is faster than my Velox:sneaky:

Vasilis

Speyederjedi 01-14-2009 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Vasilis (Post 5291255)
It took me 2 gallons to fully break in mine. Unfortunately it happened in the
middle of a race:mad:. Even being rich it was still faster than the 353 tuned version.:)
It has a lot more power throughout the rev band than the EVO4 sti and also
better runtime.

Lol I think now my NT1 is faster than my Velox:sneaky:

Vasilis

Vasilis,

Yeah, I noticed that even running really rich my Evo 4 Sti's and this new CL12-ET are still stupid fast. Can't wait till thay really get broken in. Each fo them still only have about 1/2 a gallon in them. I keep switching them out of my car so that I break them in at about the same pace.

Regards,
Speyederjedi

drivehardgopro 01-15-2009 04:41 AM

sirio .12 XXX

thank you for the feedback...

ill be soon upgrading to an XXX

KWT-NITRO 02-24-2009 04:52 AM

hello guys,
just a small question, what plugs to use on the xxx if sirio plugs aren't available? and whats the head shimming if 30% nitro is desired?

thanks alot

Ali

Scott Fisher 02-24-2009 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by KWT-NITRO (Post 5473201)
hello guys,
just a small question, what plugs to use on the xxx if sirio plugs aren't available? and whats the head shimming if 30% nitro is desired?

thanks alot

Ali

If you can't find sirio plugs, use IDM or Picco brand plugs. I have been running my XXX with 20% and 30% with the stock head shims, but you should probably add .2mm to the stock shims for 30%. I am not an expert when it comes to head shimming so hopefully somebody else will comment about that area. I do remove the cylinder head a lot to check for pitting, but the fuel I use seems to rarely pit the button or piston no matter how badly I screw up the engine tune.

diesel 03-02-2009 07:07 PM

Bearings Size

Hi Bros,

Anyone with the front and rear bearing sizes for this engine?

Many thanks. :nod: