R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-20-2003, 08:34 AM   #16
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to 2mcgrath Send a message via Yahoo to 2mcgrath

the rs4 3 ss is not a slow car at all...if you are just playing around in parking lots and stuff you do not need a race car...the rs4 3 runs fine i think i have the rs4 3 ss and it runs great...but it wouldnt be a great race car but would be better than others...it will handle pretty good just takes some time setting it up...and it has plenty of hop ups available...but if you are gonna race the ntc3 is all you need for that..but its better to start out in parking lots and then move on to racing so you can develop some driving skills and knowledge about nitro...otherwise if you start racing right off the bat you are gonna break alot of things....
2mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2003, 08:46 AM   #17
Tech Elite

Default Re: thanks trey!

Quote:
Originally posted by yusoliddat
Thanks trey! hehe, u helped me lots. Btw one last question b4 we close the topic... let's say an RS4 3 rtr with radio is $270. Approximately how much would an MTX-3 with radio cost? I just wanna know the comparison so i can get a picture of how much i've gotta spend. After hearing what u said, i guess i'm not gonna take the RS4 3. Lol, since it's so slow. The MTX-3 sure looks cool too man... but how much does it cost plus the radio? Coz i have nothing now... at all that does with r/c. thanks dude. oh yeah, what about the ntc3?
price of kits in S$
Serpent 705 = in the S$600 range
MTX3 = in the S$550 range
V1RR EVO = in the S$550 range
NTC3 = should be less then S$500

Radio..
Sanwa M8 ver III with servos and receiver should be ard S$600??
Futaba 3PK with servos and receiver should be ard S$600??

a lower end mid range choice would be a MARS or Sanwa MX3 but i am not sure of the price.. should be half of the above 2 radios.

Misc items
should be starter box
glow heater..
tools..
tools box..
fuel...
batteries packs..
body shells
paints..

the misc items should be around S$300 - $500 region.. depending on what you get, the brand etc. or you could choose to get them over a period of time as to ease the wallet load..

hope it helps..
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:03 AM   #18
Tech Initiate

If your going to race (since you mentined top of the line kits) pick a kit that a LHS supports for spare parts. No use in buying a kit if you cannot replace broken or worn parts. if you race sunday and something breaks saturday at practice, ordering over the internet wont help much for the race. Now if your LHS supports all the kits you mentined i would go for the MTX-3.
czotalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 07:50 AM   #19
Tech Master

I believe you can find Team Magic/Trinity G4 in Singapore. Before you decide for any car (even RTR), take a look at G4 first or better yet when they are running on the track then go home and calculate how much you would need to spend; furthermore (the most important) how much it cost to maintain. Please, I urge you to pay a visit on this car... you would not regret
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 09:57 PM   #20
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by Pyramid
I believe you can find Team Magic/Trinity G4 in Singapore. Before you decide for any car (even RTR), take a look at G4 first or better yet when they are running on the track then go home and calculate how much you would need to spend; furthermore (the most important) how much it cost to maintain. Please, I urge you to pay a visit on this car... you would not regret
Parts support in SG? If yusoliddat is running on large tracks, the G4 will be a nice kit to have. On short tight tracks, the G4 will have problems with the gearing. The V1RR EVo or the MTX-3 will be better in that case.
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 10:31 PM   #21
Tech Rookie

Default Re: Re: thanks trey!

Quote:
Originally posted by Vinyard
price of kits in S$
Serpent 705 = in the S$600 range
MTX3 = in the S$550 range
V1RR EVO = in the S$550 range
NTC3 = should be less then S$500

Radio..
Sanwa M8 ver III with servos and receiver should be ard S$600??
Futaba 3PK with servos and receiver should be ard S$600??

a lower end mid range choice would be a MARS or Sanwa MX3 but i am not sure of the price.. should be half of the above 2 radios.

Misc items
should be starter box
glow heater..
tools..
tools box..
fuel...
batteries packs..
body shells
paints..

the misc items should be around S$300 - $500 region.. depending on what you get, the brand etc. or you could choose to get them over a period of time as to ease the wallet load..

hope it helps..
u forgot to add in the engin, manifold and pipe....
these things will cost about S$300-400...
TB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2003, 11:34 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: thanks trey!

Quote:
Originally posted by TB01
u forgot to add in the engin, manifold and pipe....
these things will cost about S$300-400...
oh yeah forgot about that..

thanks!
Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2003, 12:51 AM   #23
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Parts support in SG? If yusoliddat is running on large tracks, the G4 will be a nice kit to have. On short tight tracks, the G4 will have problems with the gearing. The V1RR EVo or the MTX-3 will be better in that case.

K1471 G4 Carbon Brake Bracket (w/alum. belt tensioner)

Use above option and change side pulley to 18T and brake pulley to (I forgot), you will end up with 2.666 internal ratio which make it possible to get 7.3 for the 1st gear
Pyramid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 06:04 AM   #24
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by kreidel
trey,

I didnt say he needed to be a englsih professor....I had a hard time decoding his message and wanted to reply and help with my thought. So maybe if you have some time you can do alittle English 101 with me and help me brush up on some of my skills.
kreidel, when I saw your first response I thought what a jurk. Like Trey said, we are all here for help and to help others. I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm just saying that is did come across as being a bit rude. Just remember that English isn't everyone's first language, and if you have a hard time understanding someone's post, you have the option of moving on to the next thread.

Anyway, my only advice to you yusoliddat is to take your time and make sure you get something where you have access to parts.
C0NTENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2003, 07:01 AM   #25
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kreidel

u r soo wright, thiz b mo ez ta undastan n any1 b anzwreenin ma qesthionz
kreidel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 07:11 AM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Kreidel,

If you get any funnier I don't think I'll be able to take it.

Once again way to show your azz man, atleast now we all know how small minded and ignorant you really are.

Maybe you are the one that should find himself a new hobby? Because I dont think your humor is appreciated here.

If anyone thinks I am wrong please let me know.

Sincerely,
Trey
trey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2003, 08:20 AM   #27
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to kreidel

Trey, you are right and I am wrong. I apologize to everyone.

kreidel

Last edited by kreidel; 10-25-2003 at 08:39 AM.
kreidel is offline   Reply With Quote