R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-16-2003, 06:32 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default need help here!

Hi guys and nice to meet all of u u guys are really good and pros. I need some advice on my first car coz i've never touched nitro before. I was intending to get a HPI RS4 3 w/ stratus cost abt $499 with radio. So far i haven't found out abt other brands...
only know a little about HPI. Btw i'm from Singapore... and btw wad is e difference between transmission : 1 speed and
transmission 2 speed? Is it really that hard to get HPI parts in SG?
Well i haf HPI RS4 3 in mind firstly coz i tink an rtr can cater to my newbie needs. Can anyone advice me on wad first car is good? i expect a decent one, preferably one with at least the standards of a HPI RS4 3 rtr... thanks dudes for all ur time... btw i'll be playing it 'on-road'
yusoliddat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 09:01 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: need help here!

Quote:
Originally posted by yusoliddat
Hi guys and nice to meet all of u u guys are really good and pros. I need some advice on my first car coz i've never touched nitro before. I was intending to get a HPI RS4 3 w/ stratus cost abt $499 with radio. So far i haven't found out abt other brands...
only know a little about HPI. Btw i'm from Singapore... and btw wad is e difference between transmission : 1 speed and
transmission 2 speed? Is it really that hard to get HPI parts in SG?
Well i haf HPI RS4 3 in mind firstly coz i tink an rtr can cater to my newbie needs. Can anyone advice me on wad first car is good? i expect a decent one, preferably one with at least the standards of a HPI RS4 3 rtr... thanks dudes for all ur time... btw i'll be playing it 'on-road'
Hi, don't go for HPI RS4 nitro 3, this car is blood sucker. It is folling a parts even without crash. It was first car for my son and I end up with $900 in hop ups and repairs, still didn't run. Get MTX3 or Serpent 705, NTC3, R40, but no RS4 nitro 3
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 09:14 AM   #3
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to eddiethefish
Default Re: Re: need help here!

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Hi, don't go for HPI RS4 nitro 3, this car is blood sucker. It is folling a parts even without crash. It was first car for my son and I end up with $900 in hop ups and repairs, still didn't run. Get MTX3 or Serpent 705, NTC3, R40, but no RS4 nitro 3
I strongly back you up, Top Gun 777. Get MTX-3, Serpent 705, and nothing else.
eddiethefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:06 AM   #4
Tech Initiate

Default thanks

thankz dudez for that advice, guess i'll not be getting the rs4 3 nitro lol. But MTX-3 seems to be kinda expensive right? How much does the kit with radio and all necessary stuff like starter cost? any idea? (in us dollars if possible ) hehe... thanks once again.
yusoliddat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 10:17 AM   #5
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

w/ everything including starter box about 700-750
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2003, 12:24 PM   #6
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to 2mcgrath Send a message via Yahoo to 2mcgrath

i have a rs4 3 ss and never had any problems from it and have runned alittle over a gallon through it...the difference from the 1 speed and the 2 speed is about 10 to 12mph i would say... the 2 speed makes your car faster and it is a first hopup everyone does to the rs4 3 rtr.... but if i were you i would look into the rs4 3 ss because it comes with better engine and also comes with a two speed but it only comes in a kit so you would have to buy your radio and stuff
2mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote