R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default HPI RS4 3 with RB V12 RC. Manifold to match?

Hi guys,

Can anyone help me with my dilemma here?? I have an RS4 3 SS and I have just bought an RB V12 RC but have found it quite difficult to find a manifold that fits for a rear exhaust. My problem is coz the engine has a rear exhaust port but the shock tower is in the way and my LHS has tried some different manifolds but found them too short. The bend is too short and won't pass the tower.

Has anyone fitted this type of motor into a HPI or does anyone know of any brands or places online I can purchase the right fit manifold?

Anything would be great!!
Chocco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Tech Regular

I know Vantage racing makes an exhaust for the RS4-3. I was looking at exhausts for the TG10 Mk2/FW05 and was wondering why the RS4-3 had its own specific exhaust. Hope that helps.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
Tech Rookie

Hi,

Thanks for that! Thats actually the closest I have come to actually getting the right fit. They have one for the R40 but I have emailled them and also i'll give the authorized dealer here in Australia to see if they do make it for my car.

Thanks for the info!
Old 12-16-2008, 03:19 PM   #4
Tech Regular

RB also makes a rear exhaust manifold for the FW05/Mk2, do you know if it will fit the RS4-3?

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:03 PM   #5
Tech Rookie

Yeah I just had a look and your car is very identical to the RS4 3's...

Is it possible if you could send me a pic of the pipe set that RB has for the TG10 Mk2? Coz the website doesn't really give any info onto which car they would fit onto.

If you can that would be great! I've also managed to contact the dealer here for Vantage and they managed to help me out a great deal... They have a header that they are sending out to me coz it was by luck they had an RS4 3 sitting there so he managed to size it up.

Fingers crossed it fits...
Old 12-16-2008, 06:12 PM   #6
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

have you tried looking at the rear exhaust header made by hpi for the rs4 3?
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...6162&search=Go
hpi's website says the header for the mt will fit also.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...6163&search=Go
i know the rs4 3 is a bit more popular on the rcu site and some guys there had trouble getting the rear exhaust manifold to fit without some modification. I'm pretty sure i read somewhere (plus it would make sense) that the one hpi makes should fit no problem. just something to look into if the one the vantage guys are giving you doesn't fit.
gladcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:20 PM   #7
Tech Rookie

Hi,

Thanks for the info...

Yeah it's very hard trying to find anything that would fit.. There's alot out there thats right for it but it's more the length.

I've added some pics to show what I mean...
So the red line is the gap I need to make up and i've circled the side of the shock tower and shocks aswell that the headers needs to pass for the rear pipe. I've also included pics of the type of piping that I need. It basically has a twist or as it comes out of the exhaust port that (if your looking at the car front the front) it twists to the right...

I hope that makes any sense...lol
Attached Thumbnails
HPI RS4 3 with RB V12 RC. Manifold to match?-rtr3evodetail3m45.jpg   HPI RS4 3 with RB V12 RC. Manifold to match?-rbr3motor.jpg   HPI RS4 3 with RB V12 RC. Manifold to match?-01751-196.jpg