Wiki Posts
Search

CAPRICORN ONROAD TIRES 1/10

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
It is all good, I am just stating my opinion as well. I think they are not super popular in the U.S. mostly because of price and availability. Be on the look out for the Gecko Tires soon as well............they seem to be made completely different and something new. Not trying to advertize or hijack this thread, I'm just say there are a bunch of new tires finding their way to the U.S.
C'ya at the races,
Brad
It's all good Brad
2009 is looking vey familiar to 2005 when there was so many different brand name tires available which is all good for everyone see ya ? Winternat's
Old 12-04-2008, 02:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by YBSLOW
George your comment about GQ's not being racing tires is ridiculous. The rims are very stiff comparitvely to others and I have even seen you say they are heavy so I weighed some and they weigh exactly the same as Kyosho red box tires. They win a lot in Japan and other countries........unfortunately they are a bit pricey compared to some others and some people are turned off by the orange rims, but they are more than competitive. You need to try to promote the products you represent without bashing others.

Brad
i also race with the GQ's and found them to be alot better than other tyres at my high traction track, although i prefer the kawaharras on the lower bite tracks, i find the softer rim, helps.

I'm not 100% sure but i think the 40 shore kawahara is softer than a 40 shore GQ, not sure if it is due to the rim or if the foam is different or both.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TomB
i also race with the GQ's and found them to be alot better than other tyres at my high traction track, although i prefer the kawaharras on the lower bite tracks, i find the softer rim, helps.

I'm not 100% sure but i think the 40 shore kawahara is softer than a 40 shore GQ, not sure if it is due to the rim or if the foam is different or both.
it seems to me that all tyre companys have a small issue with shore rating .I have a duromiter and you have to check them all when it comes to shore rateing.Some are a little over and some are a little under.The best thing you can do is measure the shore before you run them.We will be trying the new capricorn tyres this week end we will let everyone know what they are like
Old 12-04-2008, 03:41 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by TomB

it seems to me that all tyre companys have a small issue with shore rating .I have a duromiter and you have to check them all when it comes to shore rateing.Some are a little over and some are a little under.The best thing you can do is measure the shore before you run them.We will be trying the new capricorn tyres this week end we will let everyone know what they are like and how they performe .I can tell you this they are lighter then the red box tyres.
Old 12-05-2008, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

GQ tires are very popular here in Turkey.
Old 12-05-2008, 07:06 AM
Tech Addict

lets not get off topic this is the capricorn rc tires thread. not gq.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:21 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D
lets not get off topic this is the capricorn rc tires thread. not gq.
well we ran the new capricorn tyres.The tyre wear was much less with the new rim materal it is much harder .Had to make the car not so aggressive. With our regular set up we were traction rolling.Will post pictures of the diffrence between the competitors and capricorn tyre wear in a 30 minute main

Last edited by KyoshokiddT.D; 12-09-2008 at 05:45 AM.
Old 12-08-2008, 05:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I also use a durometer on the tires and with the slight difference in the shore I would tend to place the harder shore on the side where the wear was more prevalent. That is a race stategy as well to keep in mind
Old 12-08-2008, 05:43 PM
Tech Master

well we ran the new capricorn tyres.The tyre wear was much less with the new rim materal it is much harder .Had to make the car not so aggressive. With our regular set up we were traction rolling.Will post pictures of the diffrence between twister and capricorn tyre wear in a 30 minute main

I dont remember seening any capricorn tires in the main.... Your tires in the main I thought were Matrix or Twister either way they were white... If you want to do a comparison to glorify your tires please use a brand that is inferior not superior as is the case with Twisters.
Old 12-09-2008, 04:17 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rangulo
I dont remember seening any capricorn tires in the main.... Your tires in the main I thought were Matrix or Twister either way they were white... If you want to do a comparison to glorify your tires please use a brand that is inferior not superior as is the case with Twisters.
you need glasses because my rims were black and i did compare the two tyres in the b main i used other tyres and in the a i used capricorn so before you assume get your facts right .The tyre wear was un comparable.Twice the wear on the competitors tyres as the capricorn tyres.

Last edited by KyoshokiddT.D; 12-09-2008 at 05:49 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:02 AM
Tech Master

you need glasses because my rims were black and i did compare the two tyres in the b main i used other tyres and in the a i used capricorn so before you assume get your facts right .The tyre wear was un comparable.Twice the wear on the competitors tyres as the capricorn tyres.

Wow.. I think your confused. Twice the tire wear. Dont compare something you have no idea about. If you want to promote Capricorn tires dont bad mouth other brands. You are the least experienced person in the series and should not being trashing other brands to promote your new found brand. When you talk think first...
Old 12-09-2008, 06:24 AM
Tech Addict

yey the very least experienced in the series.Qualifing 9 at the sedan nats is pretty inexperienced
oh yea forgot the glc qualifing 6th now that is the least experienced in the series.Oh yea forgot to mention that we are sitting 8th in the sedan points in the forgass series and havent really had a good weekend of racing yet,in this series .Oh yea forgot that we finished 8th overall last year in this same series.
The year before that i believe we finished 6th in 1/8 scale in the series that was our first year running 1/8 scale cars.You should really think before you post .And also i dont see one thing that is bashing only facts.I will have tommy post the pictures of the diffrence ive been trying for an hour and cant get r done
Attached Files
File Type: zip
New01.zip (22 Bytes, 63 views)

Last edited by KyoshokiddT.D; 12-09-2008 at 07:37 AM.
Old 12-09-2008, 06:35 AM
Tech Master

yey the very least experienced in the series.Qualifing 9 at the sedan nats is pretty inexperienced
oh yea forgot the glc qualifing 6th now that is the least experienced in the series.Oh yea forgot to mention that we are sitting 8th in the sedan points in the forgass series and havent really had a good weekend of racing yet,in this series .Oh yea forgot that we finished 8th overall last year in this same series.
The year before that i believe we finished 6th in 1/8 scale in the series that was our first year running 1/8 scale cars.You should really think before you post .And also i dont see one thing that is bashing only facts.
Congratulations Capricorn for finding a prize like Tommy aka Kyoshokidd.. I was wondering why everyone avoids you and I thought you were a nice kidd but now I know you are a chump!!!
Old 12-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by rangulo
Congratulations Capricorn for finding a prize like Tommy aka Kyoshokidd.. I was wondering why everyone avoids you and I thought you were a nice kidd but now I know you are a chump!!!
Tommy hasent posted anything.its me tom
Old 12-09-2008, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

Dear "rangulo"

Our company is not used to talk to wind but on real and tested fact.
If u do not drive under direct sponsorship of any tyre brend, we will be happy to send you directly some pairs of our tyre (kyosho or velocity wheel) in order to let you TEST them and have the chance to give us your own feedback on performance, wear and drive feelings.

Hope to get ur private answer.

Best Regards

Capricorn RC

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.