CAPRICORN ONROAD TIRES 1/10

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CAPRICORN ONROAD TIRES 1/10

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Is it me or are the post being edited like crazy on this thread. I will say this, Twister Tires is what I ran and the tire was good. I had less than 3mm of wear on 42 shore in the 30 minute final. Oh yeah, Twister also won the race you guys are so crazy over. Do you even run Twisters Tom? I though you guys only ran red box and now Capricorn. I have not seen you with Twisters for a long time.

PS - Rafael, no name calling please. They are just trying to push the product the best they know how. Even if it is not in the best interetest for their sponsors how they do it.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 12-09-2008, 08:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CapricornRC
Dear "rangulo"

Our company is not used to talk to wind but on real and tested fact.
If u do not drive under direct sponsorship of any tyre brend, we will be happy to send you directly some pairs of our tyre (kyosho or velocity wheel) in order to let you TEST them and have the chance to give us your own feedback on performance, wear and drive feelings.

Hope to get ur private answer.

Best Regards

Capricorn RC
Thank you for the offer. I will pass... It is not really effective to have a prospective driver of yours talking bad about tested and proven brands. Especially this kid that doesnt know anything about racing and setup as is Kyoshokidd. Maybe your product is better but let the performance be louder than your drivers who need to keep it quite...

You have a good promoter in Gmartinez as he does you guys good. Good luck and check yourself.
Old 12-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
Is it me or are the post being edited like crazy on this thread. I will say this, Twister Tires is what I ran and the tire was good. I had less than 3mm of wear on 42 shore in the 30 minute final. Oh yeah, Twister also won the race you guys are so crazy over. Do you even run Twisters Tom? I though you guys only ran red box and now Capricorn. I have not seen you with Twisters for a long time.

PS - Rafael, no name calling please. They are just trying to push the product the best they know how. Even if it is not in the best interetest for their sponsors how they do it.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
yes we do have some twister tyres george gave me all his touring tyres still have 4 sets of them.Did not mean to bring up the name brand thats why i edited the post .I guess scince rangulo cant pick on the forgass members he would rather pick on kids
Old 12-09-2008, 11:03 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rangulo
Thank you for the offer. I will pass... It is not really effective to have a prospective driver of yours talking bad about tested and proven brands. Especially this kid that doesnt know anything about racing and setup as is Kyoshokidd. Maybe your product is better but let the performance be louder than your drivers who need to keep it quite...

You have a good promoter in Gmartinez as he does you guys good. Good luck and check yourself.

Rafael eres un cadaver hahahahaha.
Old 12-09-2008, 11:54 AM
Tech Addict

Just got home from school and my dad wanted me to post some pics of the tire wear difference. Whit rims were 25 minutes and the black ( Capricorn ) is from the 30 minute final. Cut 1/2 mm bigger for the 30 minute main.

White rim ( other brand ) - started 62mm ended 57.23mm left Rear

Black Rim ( Capricorn ) - started 62.50mm ended 58.37mm left rear.
Attached Thumbnails CAPRICORN ONROAD TIRES 1/10-tyres.jpg  
Old 12-09-2008, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D
Just got home from school and my dad wanted me to post some pics of the tire wear difference. Whit rims were 25 minutes and the black ( Capricorn ) is from the 30 minute final. Cut 1/2 mm bigger for the 30 minute main.

White rim ( other brand ) - started 62mm ended 57.23mm left Rear

Black Rim ( Capricorn ) - started 62.50mm ended 58.37mm left rear.
See, now this is good information. People like to see numbers. Here are some more numbers for you. Since I was there at the race. I just checked the forgass site (http://forgass.com/08-09/4-races.aspx) and got the information you see below.

With the "other brand" white rim. You turn 3 times more 13's laps (fast laps) in a shorter race than you did with your "Black Rim" in the longer race. You were actually faster with the white rims. Oh yeah, your fastest lap was also with the white rim.

I hope this ends this little charade of talk and good luck in the future with whatever products you use.

Kind regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 12-09-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Sorry to bulge in. Difference is less than 1 mm between the two. There are so many factors that affect tire wear. From driving style, to setup... To track conditions, hell even the alignment of the planets affect.

The worst way to push in a product is by publicly bashing the other product. Coming from the manufacturer, sponsored driver or freelance driver.

Keep up the good work George...
Old 12-09-2008, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CapricornRC
Dear "rangulo"

Our company is not used to talk to wind but on real and tested fact.
If u do not drive under direct sponsorship of any tyre brend, we will be happy to send you directly some pairs of our tyre (kyosho or velocity wheel) in order to let you TEST them and have the chance to give us your own feedback on performance, wear and drive feelings.

Hope to get ur private answer.

Best Regards

Capricorn RC
Geez i'll try a set and give some feedback
Old 12-09-2008, 12:55 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by dj apolaro
See, now this is good information. People like to see numbers. Here are some more numbers for you. Since I was there at the race. I just checked the forgass site (http://forgass.com/08-09/4-races.aspx) and got the information you see below.

With the "other brand" white rim. You turn 3 times more 13's laps (fast laps) in a shorter race than you did with your "Black Rim" in the longer race. You were actually faster with the white rims. Oh yeah, your fastest lap was also with the white rim.

I hope this ends this little charade of talk and good luck in the future with whatever products you use.

Kind regards,

DJ Apolaro
yes we know lap times should of been faster the front of our body drug the whole race front body mount broke when we traction rolled on at the begining of the race if you were there than you know this is a fact you had to of herd it dragging scince everybody else did .
Old 12-09-2008, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

yes we know lap times should of been faster the front of our body drug the whole race front body mount broke when we traction rolled on at the begining of the race if you were there than you know this is a fact you had to of herd it dragging scince everybody else did .

Then your test is not even valid. Do you know what a test is and how to contuct one? Listen to what you are saying. If you were slower of course you wore less tires. I could do this all day, however I won't. If what you need is to have the last word than make a post. I am done. I think my point has been made.

Regards,

DJ Apolaro
Old 12-09-2008, 01:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I thought the "Black Rims" eliminated traction roll?

Also, you mentioned using a durometer... Everyone knows that a durometer is not a tool to measure shore rating, it is a tool to compare shore ratings. Whats the difference between these two? You can test 1,000 tires and they will never bring the same numbers. There are so many variables that affect how a reading is taken, i.e. how hard you push on the durometer, where exactly you taken the reading from tire to tire and many more...
Old 12-09-2008, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Sorry to bulge in. Difference is less than 1 mm between the two. There are so many factors that affect tire wear. From driving style, to setup... To track conditions, hell even the alignment of the planets affect.

The worst way to push in a product is by publicly bashing the other product. Coming from the manufacturer, sponsored driver or freelance driver.

Keep up the good work George...
if you read closley you will see there is no bashing going on about any bodys products there is nothing wrong or bashing or insulting about the things that were posted on the capricorn page only what our observation is on tyre wear at the fort where we raced this weekend. It was a mistake when we posted the name instead of the other brand.We quickley corrected that.so hopefully you were not offended in any way if so i apoligize

thank you Tom D.

Last edited by KyoshokiddT.D; 12-09-2008 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-09-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

DJ, Thank you for doing the research work for me. Congratulations on your Tq & win in Sedan.

Certain information that was posted was invalid, we cannot justify the results. I apologize for any harm done.

Due to the body dragging from the start of the race, I feel that during certain areas of the track Tommy was unable to drive his car the way he drove it in the B Main. This would be a major factor resulting in false test results.

As racers when our cars are not performing we usually modify our driving around certain areas of the track, hence less tire wear.

Unfortunately, I was unable to respond quicker to the posting. Just to clarify there is no proof that these results can make any brand superior than any other. Speaking from experience I used Twister Tires for more than a season I was always pleased with the performance they provided. Other drivers that have used them can testify to this. Thanks Kevin/Twister for your support.

Raff & Riketsu, Thank you for the kind words I will do my best to provide exceptional customer service to everyone.

Sincerely,
George Martinez
Old 12-09-2008, 08:40 PM
Tech Addict

some of these post kill me, looks like some of you all to much time on your hands. hopefully i can make the next race. c-ya
Old 12-10-2008, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Sorry to interupt all the BS, but will the 8th scale rims be black also?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.