R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-03-2008, 12:21 AM   #16
Tech Fanatic
 
NiTrO BoOsTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toowoomba
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D View Post
stickers do not prevent chunking glue helps if you hit things tires chunk .A word to the wise
i was just asking cause if they come with a orange sticker it would be a good contrast and would look sweet as going around the track,

Mitchell
__________________
Serpent 733 - RB T10rc - Ko Helios EX-10
Serpent 733 - Novarossi 3SCT Tuned
============== SERPENT the only way ============
==== Pro Buggy Rc, Pitsworth - for all my RC needs =====
NiTrO BoOsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 01:54 AM   #17
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 108
Default

Hi Everyone...

Just a post to clarify some points about our foam tyres.

Capricorn never produce something just for design... but always funcional and innovative products.
The black wheel is of that color because it's loaded with micro carbon balls
in a specific % amount.
This because a stiffer wheel allow the foam to work in the best way and to have a longer life on the wheel due to it's less deformation.
The model turning is faster exactly bacause of the technical wheel specs.

Suspension work is made just from the shock and not from the wheel as well.

Another feature of carbon wheel is that at every ambient temperature (till 75C) the wheel keep it's natural stiffner. Other white wheel with glass fiber, become softer every 5 step starting from a 20 ambient temperature.

Usually with an ambient temperature from 25 to 30 C we'll have a track temp around 45-55C or more.
U can do the same test by urself.... feeling the white wheel stiffner before to
go on the track... and after a 10min running. The white will be definetly much softer while the carbon will be the same as just took out from the seal.

Other than all this, we have other tech improvment such foam gluing that are not pubblic.
Obviously, using a stiffer Wheel, the model setup will need to be changed because the whole suspensions will react differently.
The driving feeling will be better and regular.... like u are finally who drive the car... and not the car driving u.

Capricorn Carbon Tyre Line include all kind of wheels (velocity - kyosho - mugen - serpent). We have like foam parthner, Matrix and Enneti.

by the way.... we all know that "POWER IS NOTHING WITHOUT CONTROL"

Inside the tyre box there is also included a sheet of ALLUMINIUM yellow stickers for the foam safety.

If anybody have questions...
feel free to ask .

Capricorn RC

Last edited by CapricornRC; 12-03-2008 at 02:36 AM.
CapricornRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:45 PM   #18
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

quick question to capricorn RC:

is the plastic used in the rims similar to the graphite style plastic in the arms of cars etc? ie; a very stiff rim? I'm interested to know as i race on a high traction track and found the stiffer rims work well on these types of track conditions.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:58 PM   #19
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
Who is Matrix? Does it has a web?
They are an Italian company not sure if they have an official website yet
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:00 PM   #20
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTrO BoOsTeR View Post
hey just wonted to check casue these things look sweet, can you use them on a Mugen Mtx4-r front and back and do they come with the stickers to protect from chunking cause if they do these things will be sweet as.
Thet Tires come 0 offset so they shoudl work perfectly on your Mugen Sorry no orange stickers hopefully yellow will give you the sweet contrast I will post a pic later on
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 05:46 PM   #21
Suspended
 
rcpaintinpete's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: PALMBAY FLORIDA
Posts: 2,739
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default ????

HEY GEORGE DO YOU NEED ANY FAST GUYS TO HELP TEST THEM TIRES LOL
__________________
TEAM ARC USA --- TEAM POWERS USA ---- TEAM VALKARIA RC ----
rcpaintinpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:16 PM   #22
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcpaintinpete View Post
HEY GEORGE DO YOU NEED ANY FAST GUYS TO HELP TEST THEM TIRES LOL
Pete I would gladly let you test a set but I only got a couple of sets to test & so far the 37's & 40's already have committment. If the track calls for 42's I have a set for you
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 07:03 PM   #23
Tech Addict
 
KyoshokiddT.D's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: st james city
Posts: 637
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Pete I would gladly let you test a set but I only got a couple of sets to test & so far the 37's & 40's already have committment. If the track calls for 42's I have a set for you
any thing for you pete
KyoshokiddT.D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 08:52 PM   #24
Tech Fanatic
 
NiTrO BoOsTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toowoomba
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Thet Tires come 0 offset so they shoudl work perfectly on your Mugen Sorry no orange stickers hopefully yellow will give you the sweet contrast I will post a pic later on
sweet i am so ordering these tyres. becasue the rims are different would the price be more expensive than a standard set tyres
__________________
Serpent 733 - RB T10rc - Ko Helios EX-10
Serpent 733 - Novarossi 3SCT Tuned
============== SERPENT the only way ============
==== Pro Buggy Rc, Pitsworth - for all my RC needs =====
NiTrO BoOsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 09:42 PM   #25
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: www.moorebankraceway.com
Posts: 5,119
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiTrO BoOsTeR View Post
sweet i am so ordering these tyres. becasue the rims are different would the price be more expensive than a standard set tyres
they come from europe (Italy) and you will also have to pay shipping, double the price you see in euros on their site and add a bit more for an idea. they won't be cheap.

i don't think it would be worth the effort+money to import them to be honest. Use the GQ's if you want a stiff rim design. In most cases, on a slippery track you want a softer rim anyway, these are suuuper stiff. Unless you run on a very high traction (ie traction rolling) or VHT'ed track, don't bother.
TomB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 11:04 PM   #26
Tech Fanatic
 
NiTrO BoOsTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Toowoomba
Posts: 947
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

dang, o well ill just keep using the kawaharras they just looked so cool.
__________________
Serpent 733 - RB T10rc - Ko Helios EX-10
Serpent 733 - Novarossi 3SCT Tuned
============== SERPENT the only way ============
==== Pro Buggy Rc, Pitsworth - for all my RC needs =====
NiTrO BoOsTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:44 PM   #27
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
they come from europe (Italy) and you will also have to pay shipping, double the price you see in euros on their site and add a bit more for an idea. they won't be cheap.

i don't think it would be worth the effort+money to import them to be honest. Use the GQ's if you want a stiff rim design. In most cases, on a slippery track you want a softer rim anyway, these are suuuper stiff. Unless you run on a very high traction (ie traction rolling) or VHT'ed track, don't bother.
No worry about the Euro they will be available thru the U.S. Distributor
www.Murnanmodified.com
Unofficiall Price $10 a pair online
I disagree with the Gq statement I've ran them 3 seasons ago & they are allright more for the basher not recommend for the avid racer
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:59 PM   #28
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default GQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
No worry about the Euro they will be available thru the U.S. Distributor
www.Murnanmodified.com
Unofficiall Price $10 a pair online
I disagree with the Gq statement I've ran them 3 seasons ago & they are allright more for the basher not recommend for the avid racer
George your comment about GQ's not being racing tires is ridiculous. The rims are very stiff comparitvely to others and I have even seen you say they are heavy so I weighed some and they weigh exactly the same as Kyosho red box tires. They win a lot in Japan and other countries........unfortunately they are a bit pricey compared to some others and some people are turned off by the orange rims, but they are more than competitive. You need to try to promote the products you represent without bashing others.

Brad
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines

Last edited by YBSLOW; 12-04-2008 at 01:01 PM. Reason: spelling
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:39 PM   #29
Tech Champion
 
GMartinez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Sunshine State
Posts: 8,161
Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBSLOW View Post
George your comment about GQ's not being racing tires is ridiculous. The rims are very stiff comparitvely to others and I have even seen you say they are heavy so I weighed some and they weigh exactly the same as Kyosho red box tires. They win a lot in Japan and other countries........unfortunately they are a bit pricey compared to some others and some people are turned off by the orange rims, but they are more than competitive. You need to try to promote the products you represent without bashing others.

Brad
Brad I am not bashing them only gave my opinion & I can't recall myself saying they were heavy you might be mixed up on that
Not looking to create an argument but truthfully I can not say I've seened more than 3 or 4 drivers using them @ races I attended besides you & a friend using them @ 301 Capitol Classics,2007& 2008 Sedan Nationals,Toledo GLC,2007 &2008 Wintenat's. like I said just an opinion & judgement based by Drivers that you can actually see using them. I apologize if it offended you
__________________
www.fullthrottlercraceway.com
Home of The U.S. World Nitro Cup 2013,2014,2015,2016
2014 Roar Electric Nationals, IFMAR ISTC Worlds, 2015 Roar Fuel Nationals
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 01:52 PM   #30
Tech Elite
 
YBSLOW's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: ARIZONA
Posts: 2,368
Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
Brad I am not bashing them only gave my opinion & I can't recall myself saying they were heavy you might be mixed up on that
Not looking to create an argument but truthfully I can not say I've seened more than 3 or 4 drivers using them @ races I attended besides you & a friend using them @ 301 Capitol Classics,2007& 2008 Sedan Nationals,Toledo GLC,2007 &2008 Wintenat's. like I said just an opinion & judgement based by Drivers that you can actually see using them. I apologize if it offended you
It is all good, I am just stating my opinion as well. I think they are not super popular in the U.S. mostly because of price and availability. Be on the look out for the Gecko Tires soon as well............they seem to be made completely different and something new. Not trying to advertize or hijack this thread, I'm just say there are a bunch of new tires finding their way to the U.S.
C'ya at the races,
Brad
__________________
YBSLOW Racing
RC Target - Capricorn
HOTRACE Tyres, Tru Source, Fantom
POWER MASTER Fuel, 2mm Designs
Protoform Bodies, Avid Bearings, AMR Engines
YBSLOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GT class--buggy-based on road! duneland Nitro On-Road 9643 11-16-2016 04:11 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:29 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net