R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-01-2008, 01:18 PM   #1
Tech Rookie

Default Kyosho Nitro On Road Car. Please Help!

Hey guys, I'm new to the forums, so please bear with me!. Well I've always enjoyed watching people playing Nitro RC and so I decided to get myself into it as well. So yeah, I'm addicted! Well anyway, I had fun driving the HPI RS4 Evo+ as my first nitro car, though I'd like to purchase another set. After browsing around, I have my eye on the Kyosho Nitro On Road Car. Overall, I see it as a reliable nitro car but I need some opinions on which ones to get. So I'll list down the ones that I have found so far but if you have other ones, please let me know!
V-ONE RR EVOLUTION 1/10 4WD
V-ONE RRR WC-EDITION 4WD GP
V ONE RRR EVO (W/FOAM TIRES)
V One RRR Evo.2 WC Team Edition
FW-05R 4WD PURETEN GP
FW-05RR 4WD PURE TEN GP

It'll be very helpful if you could also tell me where I can purchase them at a website or at my nearest location, which is Los Angeles!

Thanks!
LuvAt1stBite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:31 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

What are you planning on doing with the car?

For racing, I would get the new EVO2 WC when it becomes available. That is the newest version of the car with many of the optional upgrades already included. As a matter of fact, it is so new that its availability is questionable. As a matter of fact, you will be hard pressed to find the normal EVO 2 car right now. After doing some quick searching you will be hard pressed to find even the EVO WC car.

You might try calling Ultimate Hobbies as their website is not always accurate and see what they have. After that, ebay was the only place I located an EVO2 WC car. I know there are plenty of socal guys that read this forum and perhaps they know where to locate a kit.

There are a few tracks in the socal area for you to be able to race your car at if you even find the desire to do so.

Good luck and have fun with your new ride.
Old 12-01-2008, 01:38 PM   #3
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Call these guys http://www.kamikazetoysandhobbies.com/home.htm and pre-order one. Or you can get a Serpent 720, very good car as well, thats what I have and I love it. The kyosho is very good too.
I see that you're in L.A., do yourself a favor and stop by the store, they are very helpfull.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Fisher View Post
What are you planning on doing with the car?

For racing, I would get the new EVO2 WC when it becomes available. That is the newest version of the car with many of the optional upgrades already included. As a matter of fact, it is so new that its availability is questionable. As a matter of fact, you will be hard pressed to find the normal EVO 2 car right now. After doing some quick searching you will be hard pressed to find even the EVO WC car.

You might try calling Ultimate Hobbies as their website is not always accurate and see what they have. After that, ebay was the only place I located an EVO2 WC car. I know there are plenty of socal guys that read this forum and perhaps they know where to locate a kit.

There are a few tracks in the socal area for you to be able to race your car at if you even find the desire to do so.

Good luck and have fun with your new ride.
Thank you for your help! Well, I am aware that some of the car that I have listed have to be back ordered and you were right they're hard to get since they're not available just yet. And I do have plans to go out to a race track, such as the Crystal Park Raceway and race with a friend of mine. I also found another car on Ebay, but i'm not sure if it's the same car listed on the Kyosho website (V ONE RRR EVO (W/FOAM TIRES) Heres the link, http://cgi.ebay.com/Kyosho-V-One-RRR...3A1|240%3A1318 Could you please help me verify if that's the same car as the V ONE RRR EVO?
Old 12-01-2008, 02:09 PM   #5
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

That post is incorrect it's jut an evo2 not a wc
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
That post is incorrect it's jut an evo2 not a wc
Thanks for helping me with that. Even though it's not the WC, is it still a good car? Pardon my noobness, but what are the difference between the Evo WC and just the regular Evo? I'm most likely gonna purchase the V-ONE RRR WC-EDITION 4WD GP (If I can get it) or the V ONE RRR EVO. What do you guys think?

One more thing that I need you to verify for me. This is the V ONE RRR EVO link that I found from the Kyosho website. http://www.shopkyosho.com/product/pa...99.25405.0.0.0 So is it the same car listed on the Ebay link I showed earlier? Sorry for asking bubbles of questions, but I just wanna make sure that I'm buying the right stuff...

Thanks again
Old 12-01-2008, 02:43 PM   #7
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvAt1stBite View Post
Thanks for helping me with that. Even though it's not the WC, is it still a good car? Pardon my noobness, but what are the difference between the Evo WC and just the regular Evo? I'm most likely gonna purchase the V-ONE RRR WC-EDITION 4WD GP (If I can get it) or the V ONE RRR EVO. What do you guys think?

One more thing that I need you to verify for me. This is the V ONE RRR EVO link that I found from the Kyosho website. http://www.shopkyosho.com/product/pa...99.25405.0.0.0 So is it the same car listed on the Ebay link I showed earlier? Sorry for asking bubbles of questions, but I just wanna make sure that I'm buying the right stuff...

Thanks again
The are both different models the 1 on ebay is the evo2 the 1 you listed from kyosho is the regular Evo
The Wc version comes with all he Team factory options cvd's lightweight shafts, titatium shock shafts,etc the regular models come with dogbones & is basically a stock version
Old 12-01-2008, 02:45 PM   #8
Tech Champion

They are all good cars but you want to stay current after a while it will be very hard to find certain parts like upper deck & chasis for the older car & you will have no choice but to convert yours to the current edition
Old 12-02-2008, 05:25 PM   #9
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
They are all good cars but you want to stay current after a while it will be very hard to find certain parts like upper deck & chasis for the older car & you will have no choice but to convert yours to the current edition
Thanks man. You've been really helpful!
Old 12-02-2008, 05:47 PM   #10
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvAt1stBite View Post
Thanks man. You've been really helpful!
Anytime for future ?? just post them on the Kyosho Evo thread for quicker responses form other members as well