R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-11-2003, 12:29 AM   #16
Tech Master

If you're on a budget, Hitec makes great servos at low prices. Just make sure you get the ones with futaba plugs on them.
Rapid Roy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 03:38 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to 2mcgrath Send a message via Yahoo to 2mcgrath

yes i would go with the ss...i have one it handles allright its alittle time consuming getting it there but you can get it to handle pretty good..with a lot of tweaking and testing...and the two speed is nice and also the 12rss is a pretty good motor to come with a kit it has some speed about it...and it was easy to tune
2mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 04:42 PM   #18
Tech Elite

Default First nitro car will be..........

UNITED_RC;

Having also owned a Super Nitro for several years, my recommendation is go with the Super Nitro Rally (shaft drive) if you're set on the bigger size and no plans on racing. The Belt drive Super will be much more trouble prone if run on the average dirty street or parking lot.

For just bashing around with an R/C car, HPI's are a hard to beat value for the price.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:03 PM   #19
Tech Apprentice

Thanks guys...but is the "Super Nitro Rally" a Super Nitro Rs4 or like the SS version?

I really dont want a RALLY body...by any mean. If I were to go with the SS, I would want the saleen.....and in the SUPER, I would like the Toyota GT-1.

So...i am confused now...the Super Nitro rally has shaft drive? And is it the "Super" size that I am thinking of?

THank you
UNITED_RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2003, 07:18 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by UNITED_RC
Thanks guys...but is the "Super Nitro Rally" a Super Nitro Rs4 or like the SS version?

I really dont want a RALLY body...by any mean. If I were to go with the SS, I would want the saleen.....and in the SUPER, I would like the Toyota GT-1.

So...i am confused now...the Super Nitro rally has shaft drive? And is it the "Super" size that I am thinking of?

THank you
The "Super" Nitro Rally is Shaft Drive, just like the Nitro-3. However is has longer Shocks and taller Towers for more suspension travel. The "Super" Nitro (standard) is Belt Drive.
Neither of the "Super" Nitro Cars come with a 2spd as standard equipment. If speed is more important, get the 1/10th SS, that comes with a better Engine and 2spd transmission.
Old 10-11-2003, 08:25 PM   #21
Tech Apprentice

Thanks pops!

I think I will go with the SS version.

For three main reasons:

1. Better engine, from what I have read.
2. Includes 2-speed transmission
3. More variety of upgrades, and they seem to be a bit cheaper than the Super's upgrades.

Please tell me if I am wrong...but if not, then more on the SS version now!

Thank you for your help.

URC
Old 10-11-2003, 09:21 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Default First nitro car will be......

UNITED_RC;

If you POP on over to the HPI website, all of the information you need will be there in one place.

Click here:> HPI Racing
Old 10-12-2003, 12:16 AM   #23
Tech Addict

i'd go with the SS too if i have to choose between the RTR and SS

if you build the car yourself you will know how to fix it if something goes wrong

also there are a few RTR3 at the track i play and they all seems to have the same problem of randomly changing direction, which makes the car really hard to drive
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 08:20 AM   #24
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to 2mcgrath Send a message via Yahoo to 2mcgrath

i had the changing direction problem with my ss it just started doing it all of a sudden after a crash...and after inspection i found the bellcranks to be out of line and one of the screws in the bell crank gone..but i lined it back up and put a screw in does good again now..
2mcgrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 10:38 AM   #25
Tech Addict

i'll let those RTR guys know about that

they are all newbies and have no clue how to fix that except to live with that, i feel bad for them coz i had no idea how to fix that
Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 09:38 AM   #26
Tech Apprentice

Thank you everyone....I won a Saleen SS KIT off ebay this weekend! New, factory sealed for $235.00

SWEET!!!
Old 10-13-2003, 04:54 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Good luck with the SS... It looks like it will be a good kit.
For a radio look at the JR Racing radios...I The AM ones are good, cheap and come with a ditigal screen for easy adjustment...they are around 100 bucks. Don't get too crazy with hopups...you can end up putting too much money into your car, I could have bought a new Mugen with all the money I put into my racer 2 to make it a good race car (Too bad it could never be a good race car).
jhigga15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2003, 05:28 PM   #28
Tech Apprentice

cool....I already have a Futaba FM Radio and RX....so I just need to look for some servos. Are high speed/ high torque really that necessary for steering?