R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-29-2008, 01:39 AM   #1
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Receiver Battery Question!

Hi

I just tried to charge a new TM 5 cell receiver pack that has been sitting in my cupboard for a while and i am having problems. My CDC v6b has come up with a low voltage cell error, i tried to cycle it as well and it did the same thing? Is the pack stuffed???

Thanks in advance
hooked_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:46 AM   #2
Tech Adept

try triccle charging at 0.2 amp .you might get lucky
Old 11-29-2008, 11:46 AM   #3

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Artificial-I

Just keep working at it...itll wake back up. Cycle it a few times....charge at low voltage.
Artificial-I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:55 AM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

My TM pack sis the same sort of thing when i bought it. The first time i charged it then used it it only lasted a few mins but with repeated cycles of charge/discharge finally got it going good. Now it lasts forever.

How long is a while? Cause if it's been too long and if you didn't store it with some charge in it then yeah it might be stuffed. If you need another one try contacting zauber imports and order one through them they will have one
Old 11-30-2008, 04:54 AM   #5
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
My TM pack sis the same sort of thing when i bought it. The first time i charged it then used it it only lasted a few mins but with repeated cycles of charge/discharge finally got it going good. Now it lasts forever.

How long is a while? Cause if it's been too long and if you didn't store it with some charge in it then yeah it might be stuffed. If you need another one try contacting zauber imports and order one through them they will have one
Hi

I am not sure excatly how long it has been sitting, it may have been 6 months maybe longer. It is just a flat 5 cell pack, i went to my LHS and bought a new pack today for $25-

I tried everything with my CDC charger and it would not change, I guess a TM product did not want to sit in my Mugen!
hooked_on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:10 PM   #6
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked_on View Post
Hi

I just tried to charge a new TM 5 cell receiver pack that has been sitting in my cupboard for a while and i am having problems. My CDC v6b has come up with a low voltage cell error, i tried to cycle it as well and it did the same thing? Is the pack stuffed???

Thanks in advance
On your CDC, change the number of cells from 5 cells to 4 cells, keeps other setting the same, then set to charge as normal. Do this to help bring the battery voltage up, then change settings back to 5cell and charge as normal.
shiston is offline   Reply With Quote