Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MTX 5

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2011, 09:52 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The less changes you do to the basic setup to make the car work, the better. I agree with just droop , ride height ,and spring changes , but diff/shock oils should only be changed when all the other avenues have been exhausted ....
Old 10-09-2011, 09:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bertrandsv87
The less changes you do to the basic setup to make the car work, the better.
Old 10-09-2011, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

The less changes you do to the basic setup to make the car work, the better. I agree with just droop , ride height ,and spring changes , but diff/shock oils should only be changed when all the other avenues have been exhausted ....
Originally Posted by Riketsu
I see your , and raise you a
Old 10-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Tech Adept

The less changes you do to the basic setup to make the car work, the better.
this is a sign of a good car!!! and a promissing future!!!
Riketsu if you change the basic setting(complete!) and if you have to cut some radio plates,change a lot of components(options) and copy the MTX5 bumper that means that your car isn't the ULTIMATE CAR!!! see you on next race my brother "manito"!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 01:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by SebO
can you tell us something about the differences between your old HK-1 car and your new Mugen?
well the mugen have a lot of traction and the km has his traction too but I have to give 3.5 of toe in on the rear for plant the car on the in field, the mugen clutch is far superior for the km, the mugen clutch have moore punch and is moore agressive(something I like!) the km have tons of steering and in some way is moore responsive car, so I installed the flex system to the km to make it moore easy to drive, mugen out of the box feels the same way as the km with the flex system! I like both cars but I need to see the times for the next two local races to give an acurate opinion of both cars, but right now I feel the mugen just the way I like it!!! I use to drive mugen before km and I feel back to what I love of a car!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 05:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JRGTR
this is a sign of a good car!!! and a promissing future!!!
If the basic setup works, then it works. If it doesn't you have to keep at it. Saying that the closer you are to the stock setup is the faster you'll be is plain wrong. I can look at Fukuda's setup from the 4 and the 5 as well as Pietsch's setup from his cars and see many differences.

Riketsu if you change the basic setting(complete!) and if you have to cut some radio plates,change a lot of components(options) and copy the MTX5 bumper that means that your car isn't the ULTIMATE CAR!!! see you on next race my brother "manito"!!!
I like to test different things, if it makes my car faster, why not do it? I didn't see you complaining when we dropped Xray diffs and Xray transmission on the MTX4.

Saying its a copy of the "MTX5" bumper is wrong. Pietsch didn't invent the Lola bumper or its cutouts. I did back-to-back tests at the Nationals and felt it better that way.

well the mugen have a lot of traction and the km has his traction too but I have to give 3.5 of toe in on the rear for plant the car on the in field, the mugen clutch is far superior for the km, the mugen clutch have moore punch and is moore agressive(something I like!) the km have tons of steering and in some way is moore responsive car, so I installed the flex system to the km to make it moore easy to drive, mugen out of the box feels the same way as the km with the flex system! I like both cars but I need to see the times for the next two local races to give an acurate opinion of both cars, but right now I feel the mugen just the way I like it!!! I use to drive mugen before km and I feel back to what I love of a car!!!
Its nice to see you have a very good overview of the MTX5 from 3 tanks of testing at the track and a destroyed rear end...
Old 10-09-2011, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
t
Bishop, you say the car handles ok and it is quick, yet you have some small problems on exit on throttle. Mate, don't go soft! a soft setup on a fast bumpy track like Brendal will just feel atrocious! go with a dark blue or higher spring setup, also like Dan said go with a narrow track width left to right. go 198 rear 195 front (or as narrow as you can front and rear).

on the S section after the front straight make sure you always stay on throttle and never back off totally otherwise witht he bumps in that section the car will spin out there. Stay on throttle and never back off totally, do this all the way until the back straight.
Tom,
I dont think you really grasp just how bumpy brendale is now. Let me put it to you this way, entry to turn 1 is like a set of whoops on a BMX track!!! You have to take a very narrow line into that turn now or you WILL end up almost if not IN the grass. A stiff will simply not work. To make your car work at brendale now you have to work out how to make it accept the bumps.
Old 10-09-2011, 07:23 PM
Tech Adept

Manito you need to learn how to read

If the basic setup works, then it works. If it doesn't you have to keep at it. Saying that the closer you are to the stock setup is the faster you'll be is plain wrong. I can look at Fukuda's setup from the 4 and the 5 as well as Pietsch's setup from his cars and see many differences.

I like to test different things, if it makes my car faster, why not do it? I didn't see you complaining when we dropped Xray diffs and Xray transmission on the MTX4.

Saying its a copy of the "MTX5" bumper is wrong. Pietsch didn't invent the Lola bumper or its cutouts. I did back-to-back tests at the Nationals and felt it better that way.

Its nice to see you have a very good overview of the MTX5 from 3 tanks of testing at the track and a destroyed rear end... :lol:
read read read I dont have a over view, read the first quote! and your xray mates were wrong!!! jajajajaja the rear end wasn't destroyed as they wish!!! only the shock tower tips(were the post are mounted) and was a battery fail that make the car crash if you want to see it you can go to my house and see it , I hace the new rear shock tower and the car IS IN FERFECT CONDITION !!! jajajaja destoyed ajajajaja is that whay they wanted but soooooryyyyyyyyy!!! ajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajajaa aaaa........

Shu You know I love you bro!!!
Old 10-09-2011, 11:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Luís Cortez
I realy don´t understand some topics and ideas in this thread. All cars come with a basic setup, and that setup is intended for a specific track someware in the world (probably the track that R.Pietsch tested the car most). If you are going to a different track, you will need to setup the car for that layout, surface etc, etc. That´s RC basics. That´s why the car comes with multiple setup possibilities.

Then, the car was highly waited? Yes. And the first two big results are european champion with Robert and Japonese Champion with K.Fukuda.

Please tell me what car did you test for the first time in your local track, with basic setup, that was just perfect. I will buy 10 of those.

I haven´t recived my 5 here in europe yet, but when i do i shurely know that:

- basic setup is just a setup, and i´m 99% sure that it won´t fit the tracks that i run.
- roberts setup is just the setup for that specific track were he was crowned european champ. It will not be perfect for my track or my driving stile.
- I will have to develop my own setup, not doing just what the others do in their tracks. It will be my setup based on what the car tells me it needs running on that specific track.

Best regards.

Luís Cortez
hi Mr Cortez,

All I will say is this, with people like your most knowledgeable self giving friendly advise is a complete waste of time.OH by the way thanks to you will probably buy something else instead.

bishop i hope you are able to improve your car setup as it sound like you are getting to the bottom of the problem.good luck and enjoy your journey
Old 10-10-2011, 12:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Tom,
I dont think you really grasp just how bumpy brendale is now. Let me put it to you this way, entry to turn 1 is like a set of whoops on a BMX track!!! You have to take a very narrow line into that turn now or you WILL end up almost if not IN the grass. A stiff will simply not work. To make your car work at brendale now you have to work out how to make it accept the bumps.
The BMX track quote is perhaps a slight exaggeration; but basically true, and our assessment agrees with Daniels. Our car traction rolls with the hard springs that we used to run with, but is perfect when we go a little softer.

The setup discussion on this thread is awesome, and I'm taking notes for future reference every day. The copy and paste function is working overtime on my computer. Thanks for all the contributions.

Kindest regards,
Lars.
Old 10-10-2011, 05:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slo-MTX4
Tom,
damn! sounds like you guys need to re lay the track Brendale was a killer layout..if i remember correctly when i raced there yonks ago i thought to myself "this layout is way better than mbank!"
Old 10-10-2011, 05:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TomB
damn! sounds like you guys need to re lay the track Brendale was a killer layout..if i remember correctly when i raced there yonks ago i thought to myself "this layout is way better than mbank!"
Take a look at this extract from one of Harry's videos http://youtu.be/nHq3SWtIo_Y , and this awesome video from Harry http://youtu.be/Tfvd3UEHv7M ; it'll give you an idea of how bumpy it's become. But it does give you setup and driving challenge; and we like that kind of challenge, it prepares you better for other tracks. But really; we envy the super smooth track at Moorebank though.

Kindest regards,
Lars.

Last edited by Chickentrader; 10-10-2011 at 05:56 AM.
Old 10-10-2011, 06:05 AM
Tech Adept

I didn't see you complaining when we dropped Xray diffs and Xray transmission on the MTX4.
ohhh I forgot!!! I don't complaint that's true!!! because I don't use Xray tranny or diff on my MTX4R remember I have my method , the caliper method!!! the one I learn from Art Carbonel on 2008 Capitol classic on Maryland!!! and it works perfect!!!, I used on KM and still use on MTX5!!!

Manito don't get mad jajajaja !!!
Old 10-10-2011, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

well the mugen have a lot of traction and the km has his traction too but I have to give 3.5 of toe in on the rear for plant the car on the in field, the mugen clutch is far superior for the km, the mugen clutch have moore punch and is moore agressive(something I like!) the km have tons of steering and in some way is moore responsive car, so I installed the flex system to the km to make it moore easy to drive, mugen out of the box feels the same way as the km with the flex system!
I see a lot of comparison for a car you only ran for 3 tanks...
And for those 3 tanks, the clutch was giving you a lot of trouble...

I do know how to read and write.

I may have exaggerated on the word "destroyed", but spending more than $30 on a repair for me is "destroyed".

And I am not mad... Im just with everything you write ...
Old 10-10-2011, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

For those of you who are having trouble with the new clutch here is what Ive found thats works really well. I used the silver mugen clutch spring and tightened to 1.4mm. Set the end gap to .70mm. I trimmed the corners on the sling weights as to allow them to come out without rubbing each other. Try to experiment using more or less tension on the spring and .6-.7 gap on the bell. I like to take the tension on the spring to the point where the clutch slips and than I back it out a 1/4 turn. good luck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.