MTX 5

Old 08-27-2011, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I actually noticed in the original CAD drawings, that the relationship of the clutch and engine position in general looked very different to the 4, the gears seem set a long way out, engine position looks moved, clutch looked super long.

Considering this was a ground up redesign, I personally did not expect any parts from the old cars to work, being a totally new car (and we always knew that) I'm not sure why anyone would have thought otherwise?.

Those 6 clutch bearings do look a little crazy though, but I think it's an interesting way to tackle the problem of over stressing what would otherwise be a bearing at either end of a long section, with 6 bearings I'd actually expect the clutch bell to be 'very' smooth in free play.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bishop
I actually noticed in the original CAD drawings, that the relationship of the clutch and engine position in general looked very different to the 4, the gears seem set a long way out, engine position looks moved, clutch looked super long.

Considering this was a ground up redesign, I personally did not expect any parts from the old cars to work, being a totally new car (and we always knew that) I'm not sure why anyone would have thought otherwise?.

Those 6 clutch bearings do look a little crazy though, but I think it's an interesting way to tackle the problem of over stressing what would otherwise be a bearing at either end of a long section, with 6 bearings I'd actually expect the clutch bell to be 'very' smooth in free play.
agree 100% and lets wait and see if the rrr pinions fit the new clutch bell, if so stell pinions all the way!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bishop

agree 100% and lets wait and see if the rrr pinions fit the new clutch bell, if so steel pinions all the way!
Old 08-27-2011, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

a friend told me that the belts part numbers remains the same
Old 08-27-2011, 06:45 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Seisick
agree 100% and lets wait and see if the rrr pinions fit the new clutch bell, if so steel pinions all the way!
all you really need is a good set of hard anodized aluminum pinions and they will last.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by choisan
and i can assure the 10th is having more serviceable parts than 8th.
Do you mean 1/10 is harder to maintain than the 1/8. What sort of parts are you referring to.
Old 08-29-2011, 05:59 PM
Tech Master

At least I have to maintain and try the setting of both front and rear differentials much more frequent. And the price of the parts are not so much different.
Old 08-29-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by choisan
At least I have to maintain and try the setting of both front and rear differentials much more frequent. And the price of the parts are not so much different.
I got you. I usually bring along 5 or 6 sets of front and rear diffs (filled with different oils) so I can just swap them out.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

The event is near. Soon the producers will have the availability. This week I should know when here.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Tech Elite

Nitro really is in a slump I'd say, no where near as much general excitement about this car as I expected, shame really, though I suspect every man and their dog owns a Xray now, or Cap or Velox...

Car could be only 2 weeks away now?, if it stays on track for the first shipment, still can't wait to get mine, it's going to be very interesting, I must have read the build manual a dozen times now, keen to see how that plays out in my actual build, some things look easy on paper, never know till your doing it.
Old 08-30-2011, 04:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

If the shipments began this week, to someone will come much sooner than 2 weeks.
Nitro market is in the slump, but isn't say, because MTX5 is incentive too for new pilots. For the competition we need a competitive price and engagement by mugen seiki of new pilots
Old 08-31-2011, 11:29 AM
Tech Rookie

Hi there! Im from Spain and am still waiting too....I buy in amainhobbies and my MTX5 already on pre order... We will be the next generation of "Mugenians"... those who drew the new way forward. MUGEN SEIKI RULES!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 04:23 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by pegatinaman
Hi there! Im from Spain and am still waiting too....I buy in amainhobbies and my MTX5 already on pre order... We will be the next generation of "Mugenians"... those who drew the new way forward. MUGEN SEIKI RULES!!!
Saludos desde Puerto Rico!!! mi MTX5 esta en pre order!!! tambien espero con ansias!!!
Old 09-02-2011, 11:32 AM
Tech Adept

just came in... more pics to come

Old 09-02-2011, 11:49 AM
Tech Apprentice

where did you find it???????????

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.