MTX 5

Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JamesHealey
I wouldn't touch the MTX5, the chassis bends and it strips spur gears.. it's just not good enough really is it?

There are plenty of other great options the Serpent 747, Xray NT1, Shepherd Velox V10, Capricorn LAB C02

None of these bend or strip gears, and all are capable of winning races.

The MTX-5 is fast this is proven but I couldn't buy one knowing the issues, personally I'd go for one of the new chassis with the weight reductions already in place like the 747 or the LAB C02.

You will make the 1550g limit easier, as I have a funny feeling this is the way it's all going.
hey man,appreciate you giving opinions.but really,please don't condemn a car in its own thread.have some ethics my man.

anyways,your car you're using,it has Mugen DNA in it.i really hope Xray design a car based on its OWN concept like the Serpents,Shepherds or the KMs.not by copying designs and or perfecting flaws of other cars.

Peace.
Old 08-06-2012, 02:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

if you want to bash 2 gear to pieces go right ahead mtx5 loves to change nice and smooth if you want it to rev like a cap buy on and save all the heart ache or you can order a box of gears now instead of later
greg
Old 08-06-2012, 03:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tq23
anyways,your car you're using,it has Mugen DNA in it.i really hope Xray design a car based on its OWN concept like the Serpents,Shepherds or the KMs.not by copying designs and or perfecting flaws of other cars.

Peace.
can't agree more. The name says it, "X"
Old 08-06-2012, 05:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Pathetic Quality Car

Originally Posted by Yoshimon
Saw this in another forum:

Concerning MTX-5 gear stripping problem, MUGEN have investigated and tested at different tracks to solve this problem in Japan.
Finally we have found out that the cause of 2nd gear stripping problem was in the rear urethane belt and not in the 2nd spur gears itself or whatever.
In order to solve this problem, you just need to replace the rear belt from urethane (T0266) to rubber belt (T0269).

http://www.rckws.com/discuz/forum.ph...extra=page%3D1
Once upon a time one would buy a Mugen knowing that you were buying a race proven good quality car.
Now Mugen have become the laughing stock of race tracks all round the world. with people too scared to buy one because of not only what they read but what they see. Like @ Moorebank yesterday I qualified second only to have first gear strip just before the race start(it was brand new before the days racing). Another race down the tube because of shit quality. My car has stripped about 8 second gears and 2 first gears now and guess what??? Yes I only run rubber belts, so if this latest fix really comes from Mugen they have got to be kidding themselves.
Surely somone from Mugen reads this forum, surely someone from Mugen knows that these gears are too brittle (too high in carbon content) Surely someone from Mugen knows that the second gear could also be slightly be widened and these 2 changes alone would fix the problems of gear strippage.
I challenge someone from Mugen to come forward with a no bullshit explanation as to what they are going to do about this problem.
In the mean time Everyone from Mugen please continue to enjoy the mass exodus of your product as it continues to fall out favour with racers around the world. Please enjoy your dwindling sales and profit margins due to your total ignorance.

In the meantime there is another second hand mugen for sale.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...8-mtx-5-a.html

Mabe the problem here is that the Japanese can not speak English and do not realize that there is a problem with their car so i have gone to the liberty of translating this for them just in-case they are snooping around here and actually want to have a read.
むかしむかし1はレース実績のある質の良い車を買っていたことを知って無限を買うでしょう。
今無限はレースの笑い在庫がすべての世界一周を追跡するようになりました。人々はあまりにので、彼らが読ん だだけでなく、のいずれかを購入して怖がって、彼らは何を参照してください。で@ Moorebankのような昨日の私は、レースが開始する直前に第1歯車ストリップを持っているに次ぐ資格 。ためたわごと品質のチューブ下に別のレース。私の車は、現在、8第2の歯車と2最初の歯車について、取り 除かれ、何を推測している?はい私は、この最新のフィックスは本当に無限から来る場合ので、自分自身をから かっする持っている、ゴム製のベルトを実行します。
確かにこのフォーラムを読み取る無限からSomoneの、確実に無限の誰かがこれらの歯車が無限から誰かが セカンドギアはまた少し広げることが可能であることを知っている確かに(炭素含有量の高すぎる)も脆性であ り、これらの2つの変更だけでは問題を解決することを知っているギアstrippageの。
私は、彼らがこの問題についてやろうとしているものとして、でたらめの説明なしで前方に来るように無限の誰 かに挑戦しています。
その間に無限から誰もが世界中のレーサーに好意を落ちるし続けている製品の大量流出を楽しむために続けてく ださい。
Old 08-06-2012, 02:26 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey man I'll swap you it for my NT1!!

Oh no sorry I can't I'd rather have a car that works

Originally Posted by kickass
Once upon a time one would buy a Mugen knowing that you were buying a race proven good quality car.
Now Mugen have become the laughing stock of race tracks all round the world. with people too scared to buy one because of not only what they read but what they see. Like @ Moorebank yesterday I qualified second only to have first gear strip just before the race start(it was brand new before the days racing). Another race down the tube because of shit quality. My car has stripped about 8 second gears and 2 first gears now and guess what??? Yes I only run rubber belts, so if this latest fix really comes from Mugen they have got to be kidding themselves.
Surely somone from Mugen reads this forum, surely someone from Mugen knows that these gears are too brittle (too high in carbon content) Surely someone from Mugen knows that the second gear could also be slightly be widened and these 2 changes alone would fix the problems of gear strippage.
I challenge someone from Mugen to come forward with a no bullshit explanation as to what they are going to do about this problem.
In the mean time Everyone from Mugen please continue to enjoy the mass exodus of your product as it continues to fall out favour with racers around the world. Please enjoy your dwindling sales and profit margins due to your total ignorance.

In the meantime there is another second hand mugen for sale.
http://www.rctech.net/forum/australi...8-mtx-5-a.html

Mabe the problem here is that the Japanese can not speak English and do not realize that there is a problem with their car so i have gone to the liberty of translating this for them just in-case they are snooping around here and actually want to have a read.
むかしむかし1はレース実績のある質の良い車を買っていたことを知って無限を買うでしょう。
今無限はレースの笑い在庫がすべての世界一周を追跡するようになりました。人々はあまりにので、彼らが読ん だだけでなく、のいずれかを購入して怖がって、彼らは何を参照してください。で@ Moorebankのような昨日の私は、レースが開始する直前に第1歯車ストリップを持っているに次ぐ資格 。ためたわごと品質のチューブ下に別のレース。私の車は、現在、8第2の歯車と2最初の歯車について、取り 除かれ、何を推測している?はい私は、この最新のフィックスは本当に無限から来る場合ので、自分自身をから かっする持っている、ゴム製のベルトを実行します。
確かにこのフォーラムを読み取る無限からSomoneの、確実に無限の誰かがこれらの歯車が無限から誰かが セカンドギアはまた少し広げることが可能であることを知っている確かに(炭素含有量の高すぎる)も脆性であ り、これらの2つの変更だけでは問題を解決することを知っているギアstrippageの。
私は、彼らがこの問題についてやろうとしているものとして、でたらめの説明なしで前方に来るように無限の誰 かに挑戦しています。
その間に無限から誰もが世界中のレーサーに好意を落ちるし続けている製品の大量流出を楽しむために続けてく ださい。
Old 08-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tq23
hey man,appreciate you giving opinions.but really,please don't condemn a car in its own thread.have some ethics my man.

Peace.

Dude I'm 90%+ Chimp but I don't scratch my ass and eat bananas all day, what's your point?

Evolution is the way forward, and I didn't say "go buy and NT1" did I? I suggested many other suitable 200mm cars that don't bend or strip.

But since I'm here...
You know how many spur gears this NT1 has stripped so far this year? ONE! and that was my own dumb-ass fault because I left an engine mount screw out.

You know how many Chassis this car has had replaced since 2008? ZERO!
Old 08-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Tech Fanatic

i can see were you are coming from we have had mugens since primie 12 2/3/4/4r and sorry to say mtx5 car is quick but you will nead a new one each heat/car/we will go back to mtx4r for nationals but we all know it is a user problem and we are all stuped even when i first started we could get a meeting with no troubel ///it is quality control the gears are as bad as old 3 racing blue ones you youst buy mugen because you could race it out of the box now you might as well race the box
greg
Old 08-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Have you guys tried this?
Can the flaw be pinpointed?
Old 08-06-2012, 05:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Remember guys, your build is what counts ! If the gears are lined up properly with the smallest visible movement between them, then you're good to go( with loctite all over)... You guys might also need to remesh and retighten when the car gets hot(after 15minutes of running hard)... You have to make it work for you !!!!!
Old 08-06-2012, 06:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Do any of you guys know what Jeff Hamon is doing to make his 5 win?
Old 08-06-2012, 07:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default Whats Jeff doing with his 5?

Originally Posted by MugenDrew
Whats Jeff doing?
Ask him, i was just talking to him a few minutes ago and this guy would give you the shirt off his back.. in fact i Think Tony's got one of Jeff's shirts.
If you want to know what he's doing. He will tell you in fact if you ask nicely he will let you drive his car too! (could be a long trip for some )
He has help me and all in our club many times.
If you want his setup he might even give it to you .... but... use all of it not just the bits that are easy.. this mean diff oils sway bars, tire Shore/and brand, spring, the lot !! I have seen his setup and it's come from hours track time and fine tuning.

You will find postings from him on the site from time to time but PM him, he's one of the nicest guys in RC.

Steve H
Old 08-06-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

So is he using aftermarket chassis and parts from other cars etc.? What is his big secret to getting 30 minutes out of the 5? I'm in the U.S. So a quick trip down and around half of the world is a little bit of a reach for me, lol. I think this thread would like to hear his take on all of this. Congrats on your win Jeff!
If that's not possible (understood) would you mind p.m.ing me his screen name?
Thanks! Andrew Schweitzer
Old 08-06-2012, 07:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I don't think there are many special tricks in Jeff's car at this point, just paying special attention to meshing/engine alignment and rubber belts.

I did see a few 2nd's stripped in QLD but 97% i can safely say were done with incorrect mesh/engine alignment...

I helped pit for another MTX5 pilot in the main who did strip 2nd gear and all he had was another that was 1 tooth bigger and that dropped straight on and ran for 25 or so mins of the main... It was such a good fit that it suggests to me his mesh was off to begin with..
Old 08-06-2012, 08:00 PM
Tech Elite

When you are setting your mesh are you all disconnecting the pipe wire mount from the radio deck and disconnecting the throttle linkage to the carb?
Old 08-06-2012, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

So is he using aftermarket chassis and parts from other cars etc.? What is his big secret to getting 30 minutes out of the 5? I'm in the U.S. So a quick trip down and around half of the world is a little bit of a reach for me, lol. I think this thread would like to hear his take on all of this. Congrats on your win Jeff!
If that's not possible (understood) would you mind p.m.ing me his screen name?
Thanks! Andrew Schweitzer
Hi Andrew,

There is no real secret to why my car can do a 30min race without problems. I am a very avid believer in car preparation and replacing worn or questionable components.

I generally do not run any aftermarket parts on my car other then a set of ceramic bearings, I do run most of the Mugen option parts along with titanium screws. I have used a rear brace that was manufactured by one of our local racers, i do use this on high grip conditions.

A few things that i make sure of when i am rebuilding or setting the car up is as follows:

Making sure the engine mounts are flat.
Making sure the engine mounts are parallel.
Checking for excessive wear in pinions and spurs.
Aligning the motor so that it is "square" with the chassis.
Making sure clutch is set correctly with minimal end play.

I hope this helps, if there is anything else please dont hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Jeff

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.