Old 06-01-2012, 11:15 PM   #2146
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

yeah... that can only one person..haha
Mbx-6T rb | Xray xb8 bonti| Mp9-Nova ws09 | 4pksR
mintie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:02 AM   #2147
Tech Adept

hey guys how about taking this back to your thread and not on here as ppl do look to this for help not watching u 2 go at it about crap
awins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 02:30 AM   #2148
Tech Fanatic

Default mtx 5

hi it has been interesting reading i wish i could write a post that long but i would get in to trouble for spelling mistakes my spell check has a mind of its own so back to how GOOD ARE MTX5
GREG
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 01:09 AM   #2149
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perez View Post
I really appreciate your input Tom B. Keep it going!!
i second this, just discard the bashing Tom. B. don`t react to it.

(i won`t buy from walter rc thats for sure)
djiewie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 08:08 AM   #2150
Tech Addict

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Smile How change a front diff

Just for something completely different a question about an mtx5

I Just decided to rebuild a front diff. And put longer screws in it to Try to stop the leaking. It was interesting to note how much oil had leaked out, I was glad I decided to refill it.
Anyway I was surprised how long t took to get it out!
I spent some time thinking about how to do it with out removing any more then I needed. But I still seemed to strip the whole front end. Lol
I removed the bumper complete with the sway bar.
I had to remove the middle shaft bracket.
Remove the 4 screws holding the front upper arm mounts so I could lift the front of the radio tray.
Remove front shocks.
It was quite fiddledly to remove the bearings off the diff so the diff can be removed not mention how fiddledly it was reinstalling them!
It took quite a long time.
I'm wondering if anyone has a quicker method.
After having a 4r the 5 looked like it would be simpler, but it was still a big job.
I recon it would be a good 15 to 20 minute job to change a front belt and both pullies.
I now wonder if it would be quicker to remove one of the bulk heads... .?
Any thoughts guys?

Steve H

Last edited by shanwright; 06-03-2012 at 04:59 PM.
shanwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:32 PM   #2151
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomB View Post
hi Adrian, yeah i have these. i used them at the NSW states. they were quite a bit better than stock but still not the grippyness i was hoping for. If you find something that grips sooner PM me or post them here.
We have been using the optional mugen pads and find they provide heaps of braking. To increase braking force you can shim the brake by using a .010mm shim on the brake pad shaft (T2309, you need a 4mm dia shim). This effectively reduces the amount of travel the brake piston needs. The shim goes between the brake pad shaft and outside brake pad and you don't need extended brake levers etc. But since using the optional pads we have had no need to use the shim as these have good grip. I also found correct servo travel is important in providing adequate braking force, I have seen some bad setups that don't provide enough travel. This can come about when you fiddle with TX setting like ATL & EPA and don't reset them correctly on the TX when installing or changing settings between cars. Unlike the 4R the 5 is more fiddly when it comes to setting certain things but done correctly its a great car.
M16 Racing Fuels
Mazda614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 03:16 AM   #2152
Tech Fanatic

i think when bailey and i replaced diff we removed one side like 4r and i winged about how much easier it was supposed to be on 5 back one is realy good
greg
greg.dawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 09:10 AM   #2153
Tech Apprentice

Default MTX5 Clutch

Here´s an interwiew with Robert Pietsch, made last weekend in Italy, telling us that Mugen is developing upgrades to solve the clutch problems that some are experiencing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=4A8nBwRYg7E
Luís Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 05:51 PM   #2154
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 85 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luís Cortez View Post
Here´s an interwiew with Robert Pietsch, made last weekend in Italy, telling us that Mugen is developing upgrades to solve the clutch problems that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=4A8nBwRYg7E
The discussion was on the Spur gears not clutch there is nothing wrong with the clutch just some issue's stripping gear are experiencing.
2017 U.S.World Nitro Cup Nov 29th - Dec 3rd
U.S.Open Fuel Championship Returning soon
GMartinez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2012, 02:10 AM   #2155
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMartinez View Post
The discussion was on the Spur gears not clutch there is nothing wrong with the clutch just some issue's stripping gear are experiencing.
Yes, 2nd speed problems.
Old 06-05-2012, 11:11 AM   #2156
Tech Adept

oh thank god!very interested to see how they gonna solve it..i only had one strip but so far its ok..but still,can't wait for the new parts..
tq23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:43 AM   #2157
Tech Adept

race report copied off red r/c
The Circuit Lamberto Collari in Cassino was the host last weekend to top drivers from across Europe including Pietsch, Wischnewski, Spataro, Balestri, Tironi and others, as they took the opportunity to test ahead of August’s 1/10th 200mm Euros on the same track. Qualifying was dominated by KM driver Dario Balestri followed by another Italian driver Biagio Spataro in 2nd while reigning 1/8th scale World Champion Robert Pietsch was 3rd. On Sunday the two semi-finals were won by Serpent driver Alessio Mazzeo and Xray driver Dirk Wischnewski while problems for Pietsch, Spataro and Balestri in the semis meant they failed to make the final. After an initial battle in the main final between Mazzeo and Wischnewski, it was the Max powered Serpent 747 of Mazzeo that took the win followed by Francesco Tironi (Capricorn) in 2nd and Claudio Culoma (Xray) 3rd

So did he have a problem with stripped gear that only some of us are having problems with ?

and now they admitted there is a problem how long before they admit
and fix the brake issue only some of us are having or will stay silent on this to. I wonder when mugen will come on rc tech and tell us how to fix these issues or let us know they are working on them? or will mugen just put there heads back in sand and not worry about the sales that these issues are costing them.
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 01:45 AM   #2158
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by tq23 View Post
oh thank god!very interested to see how they gonna solve it..i only had one strip but so far its ok..but still,can't wait for the new parts..
Yes, i only had 1 strip too, i assume they will be changing the material of the gears. I do not expect major changes in the car itself.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:36 AM   #2159
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
race report copied off red r/c
The Circuit Lamberto Collari in Cassino was the host last weekend to top drivers from across Europe including Pietsch, Wischnewski, Spataro, Balestri, Tironi and others, as they took the opportunity to test ahead of August’s 1/10th 200mm Euros on the same track. Qualifying was dominated by KM driver Dario Balestri followed by another Italian driver Biagio Spataro in 2nd while reigning 1/8th scale World Champion Robert Pietsch was 3rd. On Sunday the two semi-finals were won by Serpent driver Alessio Mazzeo and Xray driver Dirk Wischnewski while problems for Pietsch, Spataro and Balestri in the semis meant they failed to make the final. After an initial battle in the main final between Mazzeo and Wischnewski, it was the Max powered Serpent 747 of Mazzeo that took the win followed by Francesco Tironi (Capricorn) in 2nd and Claudio Culoma (Xray) 3rd

So did he have a problem with stripped gear that only some of us are having problems with ?

and now they admitted there is a problem how long before they admit
and fix the brake issue only some of us are having or will stay silent on this to. I wonder when mugen will come on rc tech and tell us how to fix these issues or let us know they are working on them? or will mugen just put there heads back in sand and not worry about the sales that these issues are costing them.
all it does is make the other brands more appealing. and for the 747 ? 2 weeks out from its release and its winning big races around the world !
but on a more serious note, i really hope Mugen sorts it out for their customers.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:00 AM   #2160
Tech Adept

I will be watching the 747 with interest
baldy is offline   Reply With Quote