R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-29-2008, 05:12 PM   #16
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 403forbidden View Post
Here's my Kyosho go-kart...its fun! I can't wait to get this Carsom Kart. Does it come with a driver?

You may have to use your GI Joe action figure!!!
Maybe if you have a star wars action figure, he will be able to use the force to help your lap times!
Old 11-29-2008, 08:45 PM   #17
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 403forbidden View Post
Here's my Kyosho go-kart...its fun! I can't wait to get this Carsom Kart. Does it come with a driver?
The MRC kart come with a driver and the arms along with the steering actually moves when it turns.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:43 PM   #18
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm still interested and thanks for all of your replys. MRC finally e-mailed me back with some help. The two new concerns of mine are the engine/muffler and the lack of suspension. The motor looks to be a side exhaust? Have little or no experience swapping out motors. This kart will be mostly run on a large track or the local Hobbytown set-up track. Having a solid rear axle worries me when running in front of the house during break-in.

I have a Nitro Bike and running/steering that requires a lot of work so the kart can't be that much more of a chore. The bike has a side exhaust and motor availability is limited.

By the way, nice Kyosho Kart. Looks like the karts we grew up as kids. I heard they were a handful to drive.

Hope to hear from someone out there that has run one of these new karts. It is snowing here in the midwest so I won't see a track for 4 months or so. I have to go shovel now!

Last edited by GeraldRisch; 12-03-2008 at 04:46 PM. Reason: typing addition
GeraldRisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 06:18 AM   #19
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

New Kyosho kart:
http://www.rc-junkies.com/modules/ne...ryid_1928.html
Old 12-05-2008, 12:38 AM   #20
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via AIM to Team Academy Send a message via MSN to Team Academy Send a message via Yahoo to Team Academy
Default Our 1/4 6 cell karts

Hello,

Haven't posted on RC Tech for a while, quit racing onroad 1/10, gave up my sponsors and finally started my 1/4 rc gokarts. Seems to be a hit after 6 years of my dedication to the karts. Anyhow, heres a few images. The karts run about 20-30mph. We run them on a 40x40 or 40x80 carpet. We also run outside on smooth surfaces when we find a nice lot to hold races.
The yellow kart below is my modified. The orange is a newly built kart we just finished and shipping out to FL to a new driver/racer. The baby blue is stock ( notice our foam wheels ). This kart we built for one of our female drivers who is local.
Attached Thumbnails
Nitro Go-Kart-bobskarts1.jpg   Nitro Go-Kart-kartfemaledriver-002.jpg   Nitro Go-Kart-rckartkeys-001.jpg  
Team Academy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 01:19 AM   #21
Tech Adept

Default Kyosho Kart?

Roelof:

Thanks for the link. Searched that specific model and translated the language. Now I have more time to think about 2 new karts coming out. Kyosho America hasn't posted news about this new kart. It's winter here in Illinois, USA. Snow on the ground and at least 3+ months until the local track open for On-Road running.

Mabey I forgot to mention: This kart has to be nitro. Electric is not my thing. Have to hear and smell that thing running.
Attached Thumbnails
Nitro Go-Kart-kyokart6.jpg  
Old 12-05-2008, 08:24 AM   #22
Tech Adept

The Nitro go cart is in stock. It's modeled after the "First-Kart" from Italy. It does come with a .15 pullstart engine, and it's available with or without the driver. It's a cool little vehicle, and it does handle pretty good. It has a "King Pin" style front suspension, and a floating rear axle. The layout is very similar to a pan car, except the rear axle floats in carriers that are spring loaded instead of on a pod. Typical of this style of car, it has to be driven. Meaning, you can't just throw it into a tight turn at full speed, or it will spin out. You have to slow down and drive it through the turns.
It is considered 1/4.5 scale, and as stated in another post, it's about 1/4 of an actual cart, not of a full size car. The actual size is very close to a 1/10 pan car.
The tires are a soft rubber, which when new, look a little toyish. But after the first run or two, the tires scrub in and the newness goes away, they look like real racing slicks that hook up pretty well.
Parts are in stock and readily available. After substantial testing of the car, I have yet to break anything. I haven't hit anything yet though, but I can imagine that if you clip a curb, you'll break some parts.
If you guys have any questions, please fell free to ask.

http://www.modelrectifier.com/search...ew.asp?ID=8575

Tim Sandor
Tim@MRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 04:28 AM   #23
Tech Adept

Default Updates on the Karts

After searching multiple websites, I found that the Kyosho Breil Kart should be coming out March 2009. It is RTR with a price of 299.00 Euros. Which is about $387 in US dollars.

One of my local hobby stores has the Carson Kart on display now. MRC states they have it with parts, also.

Now, just have to wait for the snow to melt. Mabey a Christmas present to myself from Santa?
Old 03-19-2010, 05:58 PM   #24
Tech Initiate

Default I have one. New Carson Go-Kart. $200 shipped.

I really like these, and I've been in the hobby for 20 years. Is it the fastest, no but it's a lot of fun.

The drivers arms and
steering wheel actually turn with the front wheels !

Retal is $250
My price-$200

Email me for questions.
[email protected]

Phone- 402-781-2322 (central time, anytime)

scale, .15 nitro FIRST Go-Kart. Designed for use on asphalt and concrete.
realistically duplicates an actual 1:1 Italian racing machine and it’s designed for speed. A smooth starting,
powerful .15 size nitro FORCE, pull-start engine delivers the power and ball bearings reduce friction and
help deliver speed. A belt drive, centrifugal clutch , king pin style front & working ball diff rear
suspension, and high-grip racing tires develop smooth idling, great power transmission, enabling the Go
Kart to race with absolute steering precision. Complete, out of the box with full size, dual rate steering
transmitter (with really cool) backlit steering wheel, receiver and two servos.) The drivers arms and
steering wheel actually turn with the front wheels !

This .15 Nitro Go Kart is so hot, it's really cool! You’ll have a blast on concrete and asphalt. It's the latest and most fun machine.

TR - Transmitter, Receiver & 2-Servos

Ball bearings

Belt Drive

Centrifugal Clutch

Hard plastic body panels

Aluminum chassis

High grip tires

King pin front suspension

Steering wheel rotates

Dual Rate Steering transmitter

Backlight steering wheel (really cool!)

Scale driver figure with full-face helmet and cloth uniform.
427HISS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 11:16 PM   #25
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Academy View Post
Hello,

Haven't posted on RC Tech for a while, quit racing onroad 1/10, gave up my sponsors and finally started my 1/4 rc gokarts. Seems to be a hit after 6 years of my dedication to the karts. Anyhow, heres a few images. The karts run about 20-30mph. We run them on a 40x40 or 40x80 carpet. We also run outside on smooth surfaces when we find a nice lot to hold races.
The yellow kart below is my modified. The orange is a newly built kart we just finished and shipping out to FL to a new driver/racer. The baby blue is stock ( notice our foam wheels ). This kart we built for one of our female drivers who is local.

Do you still sell Karts? Have you heard of the zipper kart?