R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-17-2008, 12:41 AM   #46
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

!?

Last edited by Danny A.; 12-30-2008 at 02:08 AM.
Danny A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:06 AM   #47
Tech Adept

[

Last edited by Danny A.; 12-30-2008 at 02:10 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:07 AM   #48
Tech Adept

Old 11-17-2008, 01:07 AM   #49
Tech Adept

Old 11-17-2008, 01:08 AM   #50
Tech Adept

Last edited by Danny A.; 12-30-2008 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:08 AM   #51
Tech Adept

Last edited by Danny A.; 12-30-2008 at 02:11 AM.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:58 AM   #52
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny A. View Post
During the past few days I have spoken with a few individuals regarding the race last week as well as events from the past. I spoke to someone that was as close to Ron and Paris Racing as anyone. Sadly I was quite unpleasantly surprised to learn about the title of the race. For many of you that were not around to attend the first memorial event in 2001, it was titled the” 1st Annual Paris Memorial”, co-hosted by MARCAR and RAMS. At some point the name became what it now, the “Ron Paris Memorial”. I was informed that at one point, the widow of Ron requested that the name of Ron or any affiliation to Paris Racing no longer be used. I was told that she made efforts to keep the Paris name from being used, but to no avail. As I was told, she could only scream so loud. Her wishes not being met, she eventually gave up. The title of the race was simply adjusted and the Paris name was kept anyway. Knowing this, I cannot imagine that Ron would be proud, on any level, to know his name has been used all these years against the wishes of the widow he left behind. I think that is an utter shame and only wish that I had known this sooner. Either way, what was done was done. But I will ask all that read this, is this the way anyone of you would have honored Ron's memory? What do you think Ron would say about it?
When someone hosts a memorial race, I think most people(including myself) assume that a portion if not all, of the funds go towards either a scholarship fund or the surviving family. If what you said is true and the widow doesn't want them using the Paris name, then are we to assume that none of the money goes to the Paris family or a scholarship? Can anyone confirm this? I had plans on attending a race at this track next year but if they are using the Paris name to simply put money in their own pockets, I'll never attend a race there with those people in charge.

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 10:27 AM   #53
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Danny, the Motonica car and setups have come a long way since you ran the car. The inherent understeer you experienced and speak of has a lot to do with the setup you put into the car. If you look at the results we have acheived this year, the fast lap times we have made, and the comments made by Motonica customers, you will find that the car is very neutral and easy to drive.

Contrary to your statements, I did have quite a bit of 'chasing' to do, not only for myself but for the other 3 Motonica cars at the race. My car had quite a bit of oversteer throughout practice on Friday and Saturday morning, and again Sunday morning. Among some of the changes I made were: lowering the rear roll center, lowering the rear centering pin, moving the body rearwards, reducing front camber, adding rear toe, going to softer tires, etc. Ask Arno about all the changes I made to his car before the start of the B main to calm his car down and stop it from oversteering. Unlike others, we don't set the track up to suit our cars, we set up our cars to suit the track. So if there is any belief about the track working to my or Motonica's favor, that is simply nonsense. Let me remind you that a Mugen car TQ'ed, and I was about even with a Sheperd car.

You should try my car at the next race I think you will like it a lot. Maybe get one and stick with it for a while and use our setups, you should see some positive improvement. As for the rest of the comments about Rich, the track, the club, etc., I have said my peace, time to move on. I think you are one of the nicest and most level headed guys around, and I consider you a friend. Bashing Rich online and in this manner is getting us nowhere. I'll continue to attend races hosted and run by Rich and his crew, and if someone else wants to step up and run the races, I'll attend those as well.

Airtronics Avid RC Byron Fuels VOX Engines

VMR Tires - available at http://motonica.ipower.com/store

Last edited by garen; 11-17-2008 at 12:13 PM.
garen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #54
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I will attend any race Rich and his crew chooses to promote. Perfect.. No. But, I have always found Rich responsive to questions or suggestions. I feel that the races were well run and I haven't been disappointed to have made the 400 mile drive for a few days of toy cars.

I would respect comments from or about anyone who is currently promoting races and pulling off 'perfect' events.

Bill
Zootcapri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 11:58 AM   #55
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zootcapri View Post
I will attend any race Rich and his crew chooses to promote. Perfect.. No. But, I have always found Rich responsive to questions or suggestions. I feel that the races were well run and I haven't been disappointed to have made the 400 mile drive for a few days of toy cars.

I would respect comments from or about anyone who is currently promoting races and pulling off 'perfect' events.

Bill

I don't really think anyone is looking for a perfect event but there should be some kind of a reasonable expectations with racing conditons... Expectations vary from person to person as you can read on this thread.....

I don't really have an opinion on Vegas since I've only been there once back in 02 and it was enjoyable...

Last edited by Francis M.; 11-17-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Francis M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:26 PM   #56
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

going to get the beer now while waiting 4 reply to this
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 12:32 PM   #57
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post

You look for any excuse to drink.... I don't think I posted anything bad about the Vegas race... I guess I was trying to point out that different people have different expectations when racing, that is just how it is....

One thing I'm really hating is all the negativity about the race tracks online.... My thing is, I wouldn't want to ruin it for others who actually enjoyed the event...

There are some events that haven't even started yet and all this online BS already started....
Old 11-17-2008, 12:36 PM   #58
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
Hey Will,

Grab me a Capt'n and Coke while you're up!

Thanks,
Rich
Rich Browne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:17 PM   #59
Tech Fanatic

Danny as you know my name is Robert Rodriguez I have lived in Vegas all my life 45 years now, I have been racing On Road & Off Road for past 8 years, and yes I have been around since the old 4 aceces were around, and have seen it change.

What I do know about life Danny is that its all about Choices. I cant tell you were the original 4Aces members are today. But what I can tell you is that they made CHOICE not be part of RC any more or I should say On Road RC, and that is by there CHOICE, no one put gun to there head or twisted there arm and tell them they must get out they made CHOICE to leave. Now shame on them to say that it was all Riches Fault. I ask this were else is that show up in there life? Who allows some one to so call run them off? There were over 10 Members, are you telling me that Rich ran all them off? He (rich) must be scray gun wearing guy. I dont feel sorry for victums of life people like that make Choices to do things like get out and then they want to blame everyone one else for there Choices. boohooo.

As far as the Silver Bowl On Road Trach it is County Track meaning its owned by Clark county city of Las Vegas, not Rich Taylor. You or I can go to them and if you wish put on a race any time of the year if you like, All they request is few items like fees and insurance. No one has made that Choice to due that Danny you know Why? Becuse they dont want to. But its there for them to due so. I have been with others who wanted to start up Clubb or put on Races but again all they do is talk I have yet seen anyone step up and take lead. As for my self I have no intrest in taking that lead. I have a lot on my plate now with my own Catering bussniss, I have grown from 2 empoyee to over 20 now. So RC has to come later on my list to do but it is a good out for me when I do get to go out. Yes you are right I was there at the track watching I dont feel bad about that, its was my Choice to do so, I feel good about my Choices remember there are my Choices I own them.

As far as why Rich didnt wait to clean track on Friday why not make the attempt to try it. The wind was not that bad but still blowing there were people at track that travled and came early to practice why not give them chance to do so. Thursday was good practice day.

Danny if you spoke to others and they were not happy shame on them for not speaking up again CHOICE. People like that have made Choice to be followers in life, thats not bad thing its just who they are, But if they dont like it they have to step up. I always have to ask were else is that showing up in there life? I call it the Mexican Crab syndrome.

For those of you who dont know about it. If you take Mexican Crabs and dig whole there will always be two of them left in the whole, because one of them will always pulling the other one back in. True

Again I have not heard one Solution from you. Stop being follower and take lead to make changes, if thing are not working for you. Or you can be like the others and leave and just blame it on Rich. But be Good with your Choices.
Robert R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #60
Tech Adept

Jason Smith is offline   Reply With Quote