R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-13-2008, 03:12 PM   #31
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I'm out of popcorn and beer, so I may as well put my .02 in.

I wasn't there, but I've experienced all this before, both as a racer and as you call it a "promoter". I've been racing fuel since 1990, and I've been spearheading racing wherever I've lived since then. At times, people have looked at me, somewhat as you are looking at Rich now.

I don't know Rich as I've only met him twice - once at the "blown out" nats., and at the Airtronics race in Jan., but I certainly know how he feels!

The two times I've been around him, he was busting his butt to provide a decent venue for others. I'm not sure he even raced. He was amazingly positive, considering all that he was doing. It's awfully easy to get "grumpy" when you're in his position! When it continues for a long while, grumpy can easily be misconstrued as angry or mean.
Believe me, it's not easy to be positive when you are putting forth the effort and some criticize it. And most of the criticism comes from those who aren't putting anything in. It's the same everywhere - 10% do 90% of the work, and yet the complaints continue. Very tiring!

The Airtronics race had a dismal turnout, but yet Rich, his dad, and the very few others who put in the effort, remained positive. I drove over 1000miles to attend that race, and I was pretty disappointed. But the positive attitude of his crew and some others in attendance turned my attitude around and we had a great time.

We here in the NW have to build temporary parking lot tracks since the Seattle club folded (SARCAR), so we are very envious of what you have!
Las Vegas has a wonderful faciliy, and.............. I think much of it is due to Rich and his efforts.
I would really be disappointed to see it disappear, as others have, due to lack of help. It appears to me as what this all boils down to!!!

Where is the 4Aces?
I saw a few of them at the nats I attended, but I only saw a few lend a hand - and they were hosting the event! Where were they at the Airtronics race? I didn't see any of them! Come on folks, Onroad Racing in Vegas appears to me to be a one man show. If it continues that way.................it will not survive!

From everything I have seen and heard - kudos to Rich & family for all you've done. Don't stop now...............when you've got people bitching, you know there's an interest!

For all those that are bitching...................find a way to turn it into something positive!! You're just spoiled, that's all. What would you do without that facility and someone to run a race? Wake up and smell the coffee!!

My coffee is done brewing, so I'm going to have a cup.

Hope to see you at the next Airtronics race................in Las Vegas!!

Doc
onerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:08 PM   #32
Tech Initiate

Default Right ON !!!!!

RIGHT ON!!!!! Doc, you hit the nail square on the head with this statement,

"Believe me, it's not easy to be positive when you are putting forth the effort and some criticize it. And most of the criticism comes from those who aren't putting anything in. It's the same everywhere - 10% do 90% of the work, and yet the complaints continue. Very tiring!"

Thank YOU!!

Thanks to Rich, Garen, Scott, Danny, Boris and Al.
rustyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 05:36 PM   #33
Tech Initiate

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Rich, I would like to thank you and your crew for all the hard work that you have put into this facility over the years.
I have been one of the guys that has bitched in the passed about the weather mostly, it just always seems to rain or blow sand on Sunday! NOT RICH TAYLORS FAULT he is not god although he likes to act like it sometimes LOL.
What I am saying is Rich Taylor works very hard to give all of us a first class place to race are toy cars and yes he can be a prick sometimes but we are all adults here lets all just stop the bitching, grow some skin and just get back to what we do best RACING!
Old 11-13-2008, 07:35 PM   #34
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Davis View Post
Danny - thanks for having the courage to do a writeup like you saw it and not hiding behind a screen name to do it - I had missed only one Vegas event from about 1993 or 1994 till 2004 when dealing with the hassles of being there more than outweighed the racing enjoyment - I cast the only vote I had.

Oh gee I almost forgot the really special water jet cut steel trophies!!!

Hey Rick D;
I missed the UPS guy droping off your stuff! maybe the next big race?
and maybe i'll get another car if everything goes right here....."fingers crossed"
Just Fast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 07:58 PM   #35
Tech Apprentice

I only know 1 person on this forum so I can't really say anything about this topic other than the number 1 Vegas rule.What happens in Vegas?You know the rest.
Now drop the flag!
cmego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #36
Tech Fanatic

Fred you cant fly your heli with your finger crossed..
Robert R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 08:36 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Lori cant wait to have you back on the track Fred.. lol
Old 11-14-2008, 11:42 AM   #38
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to SOLOARTIST 702
Default hmm

well this was good while it lasted guess i'll go change my underwear now ive just been sitting here waitng for the next installment. OH yeah i didnt vote no on 8 oops everyone take care cut back on the caffiene
RC AMERICA / XRAY / HUDY/ MATRIX TIRES /KOPROPO / ORCAN GT3 /RED CUP RACING MEMBER / SPEEWORLD RACEWAY/ A+ performance parts /IVE SEEN THE XRAY TEAM DRIVE SO I GOT XRAY CARS / better to keep up than to catch up

WILLIAM PENDERGRASS
SOLOARTIST 702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 12:00 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Weekend in Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOLOARTIST 702 View Post
well this was good while it lasted guess i'll go change my underwear now ive just been sitting here waitng for the next installment. OH yeah i didnt vote no on 8 oops everyone take care cut back on the caffiene
Now thats funny!
see ya this weekend Solo ? Bill
Old 11-14-2008, 07:20 PM   #40
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert R View Post
Fred you cant fly your heli with your finger crossed..

Robert,
Oh yes I can!.......

yea Robert, lets start a nother club and call it "4-ofakind-rc"!

Last edited by Just Fast; 11-14-2008 at 07:48 PM.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:51 PM   #41
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyc View Post
RIGHT ON!!!!! Doc, you hit the nail square on the head with this statement,

"Believe me, it's not easy to be positive when you are putting forth the effort and some criticize it. And most of the criticism comes from those who aren't putting anything in. It's the same everywhere - 10% do 90% of the work, and yet the complaints continue. Very tiring!"

Thank YOU!!
Man, we should start a support group. I feel a little better knowing this is true all over.
"Why does it have to be like this?"

MINO Racing
JetMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 08:06 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

I am already a Club member.
Old 11-14-2008, 08:53 PM   #43
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert R View Post
I am already a Club member.

I know! your the Prez of "Jokers Wild RC".................j/k
have fun Robert....................
Old 11-16-2008, 03:55 PM   #44
Mike Kazz

After reading all these posts, this is what I have to say.....
Nevada State Championships at Silver State RC this weekend. And join us for the SILVERSTATE race on APRIL 2 - 5th!!!!!!
It is gonna be great! More info:
Silverstate RC. We are still updating our webpage....

Old 11-16-2008, 06:07 PM   #45
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Scott Fisher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Kazz View Post
After reading all these posts, this is what I have to say.....
Nevada State Championships at Silver State RC this weekend. And join us for the SILVERSTATE race on APRIL 2 - 5th!!!!!!
It is gonna be great! More info:
Silverstate RC. We are still updating our webpage....

Kazz:

This is an onroad forum