Team Magic G4 + EVO

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 04:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sp Racer
OMG

Brendan is taking some pics.....
I used a couple of old radio plates that had the rear holes broken near the grab handle.....just trimmed off the right corner with a dremel and flipped it over - you can see the shape

We wrap a piece of bicycle inner tube around the whole lot to tidy it all up....also, if you look closely you'll see we've moved the throttle servo back a little to give some more space - really easy mod
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4 + EVO-dscn0961.jpg   Team Magic G4 + EVO-dscn0960.jpg   Team Magic G4 + EVO-dscn0966.jpg   Team Magic G4 + EVO-dscn0970.jpg   Team Magic G4 + EVO-dscn0971.jpg  

Old 03-29-2009, 04:12 AM
Tech Master

more pics
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4 + EVO-image1.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 06:17 AM
Tech Addict

mine is quite similar to SP's but in a different way.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4 + EVO-rx-mod2.jpg   Team Magic G4 + EVO-rx-mod3.jpg  
Old 03-29-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Regular

Took a few videos today at the track with a $50 digital camcorder I just got at Walmart...

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
Old 03-30-2009, 12:49 AM
Tech Regular

Been meaning to ask if anyone has my problem with the carb not fully returning to idle. Should I have a little bend here and there on my throttle rod?
Old 03-30-2009, 01:19 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Chiefy 707
Been meaning to ask if anyone has my problem with the carb not fully returning to idle. Should I have a little bend here and there on my throttle rod?
should be yr spring tension on the throttle rod not enough...give it abit more tension and see how it goes.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

more pics
Hi Luis

Thank you for posting those pictures... One question, did you have to move the swivel arm on top of the radio tray? I got the impression it was left alone, but i thought i better check!

How long till the NSW titles?
Old 03-30-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi Luis

Thank you for posting those pictures... One question, did you have to move the swivel arm on top of the radio tray? I got the impression it was left alone, but i thought i better check!

from the pics i think he shorten the 'link' between the servo horn and the swivel arm without moving the swivel arm back.
Old 03-30-2009, 06:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Took a few videos today at the track with a $50 digital camcorder I just got at Walmart...
from the videos it seems that yr gearing is a bit too tall.
or maybe you didn't really 'race' it.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:49 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by NitroWD
from the videos it seems that yr gearing is a bit too tall.
or maybe you didn't really 'race' it.
Nah I was too scared. My camcorder was scotchtaped to my center body post with no body on.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi Luis

Swivel arm is untouched, just a shorter link from the throttle servo.

We leave for NSW next Wednesday, so a little over a week

Styles - no word yet from Zauber
Old 03-30-2009, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Swivel arm is untouched, just a shorter link from the throttle servo.

We leave for NSW next Wednesday, so a little over a week

Styles - no word yet from Zauber
Thanks for clearing that up... I will look closely at changing this tonight.
Old 03-31-2009, 04:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Great Video!!!

Now that we got our electric "road trips" out of the way we are hoping to spend some quality time at VRC.

We had the same results turning the receiver box around. What we are working on now is getting some custom LiPos made for the car. With the "spaceship" fuel tank there is not a lot of room for a battery so we are having some made to fit the open area where the battery sits now. We should have them in a few weeks. If anyone is interested please let us know ([email protected] ) so we can buy enough for the demand.

One small detail about the handle is that it is pretty much useless. Does anyone actually use it to pick up their car? One thing that one of our drivers noticed is that if you trim off the handle part (leaving the center section where the fuel hose goes through) the motor runs at least 10 degrees cooler. The handle seems to break up the airflow under the body shell. A small detail but really helps on hot days.
Old 04-13-2009, 10:04 PM
Tech Regular

Wow, this thread has died!

I used to think XRay was retarded for selling front uprights in only ones (either one left or one right) rather than the usual pair like everyoine else does. Then last raceday when I needed a spare, I realized I have a bunch of lefts but no rights so I had to run a left upside down to finish the main.
The car turned alot faster in one direction than it did the other and no longer felt easy to drive BTW.

Thought I'd just share that since this thread has died. Where did all the +Evo love go?

PS yes I am aware that running my upright upside down effectively changed my steering and suspension geometries but you gotta do what you gotta do to race right?
Old 04-14-2009, 12:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Wow, this thread has died!

I used to think XRay was retarded for selling front uprights in only ones (either one left or one right) rather than the usual pair like everyoine else does. Then last raceday when I needed a spare, I realized I have a bunch of lefts but no rights so I had to run a left upside down to finish the main.
The car turned alot faster in one direction than it did the other and no longer felt easy to drive BTW.

Thought I'd just share that since this thread has died. Where did all the +Evo love go?

PS yes I am aware that running my upright upside down effectively changed my steering and suspension geometries but you gotta do what you gotta do to race right?
Do you mean your front knuckles where your axle runs through the two bearings? And did you use an X-ray knuckle or were you just using that as an example?

Originally Posted by keavze
mine is quite similar to SP's but in a different way.
Hey keavze what is that alloy piece where your handle usually goes? Did you make it yourself or did you buy it? Wolf hobbies posted earlier that if you cut down the handle it drops motor temps by 10 degrees, is this why you did it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.