R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 12-27-2008, 08:30 AM   #121
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
Want to know if the rear lower flying arm fit into G4S?
Yes they do. Although you can't really use the outside locations for the hinge pins in the baulkheads for these new longer arms. But they can be used. I use them all the time.
Mainly cause you have the option of shortenning the wheelbase easier with them.

Regards,
British Menace
Old 12-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #122
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Yes they do. Although you can't really use the outside locations for the hinge pins in the baulkheads for these new longer arms. But they can be used. I use them all the time.
Mainly cause you have the option of shortenning the wheelbase easier with them.

Regards,
British Menace
you would need to use the G4+ rear bulkheads, these bulkheads have the option of inner or outer hole setting. there for you need the rear back plate for the G4+ and the new style swaybar and the brake support bracket. spacers and hingepins. i would stick with the std G4S arms, they are much stronger. but yes all these parts fit the G4S chassis.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #123
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
you would need to use the G4+ rear bulkheads, these bulkheads have the option of inner or outer hole setting. there for you need the rear back plate for the G4+ and the new style swaybar and the brake support bracket. spacers and hingepins. i would stick with the std G4S arms, they are much stronger. but yes all these parts fit the G4S chassis.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #124
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroWD View Post
from what know; the new rear bracket, bulkheads, etc...wont fit the S chassis. Rear of the S chassis is wider and mounting holes are different from the RS.

i think the fly arms shld fit the S but length of the S and fly arms are of diff length. Fly arms are longer i suppose.
the rs is different we're talking about the plus parts not evo either the only difference in the s and the plus chasis is the plus uses the 4 mm k factory chasis everything bolts in, the rs is the same except for the back bracket other than that and the hingepins it's all the same . it was easier to use the plus for an example because of that..i also experimented in the rs, if you want to make your rs into a plus /evo without the bling blings and the wc chasis etc. you can , advantage is longer (not wider ) wheel base and more roll center adjustment all you need is the 3 mm or 4 mm g4s chasis with the new back bracket and spacer set also i think the hingepins, cause i don't remember which hingepins i used the longer or shorter one.. basically you will have a g4plus evo with the options for longer wheel base..but you cannot put the s front end in the rs chasis only the upper arms is what i'm sure of the bottom haven't tried it .. good luck on which way you guys go with your mutant ninja g4 lol
Old 12-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #125
Tech Apprentice

i think i got it with the hingepins = if you use the 502290 the new back bracket you will need the longer hingepins with the spacer set..

also i am talking about the g4s with the ED transmission..
Old 12-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #126
Tech Apprentice

well chiefy,, how did your first race go on the new evo??? tell us all about it..
Old 12-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #127
Tech Regular

Well, it was both a great day in that the car is almost there and that the weather and turnout were both great. However, I never finished a complete run.
1st qualifier: clutch too tight and engine still running rich. 2nd qualifier: clutch fixed, engine leaned out a bit but still rich. But car 'stuck' doesn't go anywhere even at WOT. 3rd qualifier: Engine at a better tune but now car suddenly spins like it has a lost belt. It doesn't BTW. Finally the main: Ran 1 lap only to cut in too close to the inside of the right hander at the end of the straight. Boom, both suspensions on the Righthand side torn away. GAME OVER.
Oh well. I had a good time. The car is almost there. The spool isn't that bad, matter of fact I actually like it. I was in a better mood than Brucie when we left! At least Josh qualified for the sportsman A with his box stock RTR.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 AM   #128
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
Well, it was both a great day in that the car is almost there and that the weather and turnout were both great. However, I never finished a complete run.
1st qualifier: clutch too tight and engine still running rich. 2nd qualifier: clutch fixed, engine leaned out a bit but still rich. But car 'stuck' doesn't go anywhere even at WOT. 3rd qualifier: Engine at a better tune but now car suddenly spins like it has a lost belt. It doesn't BTW. Finally the main: Ran 1 lap only to cut in too close to the inside of the right hander at the end of the straight. Boom, both suspensions on the Righthand side torn away. GAME OVER.
Oh well. I had a good time. The car is almost there. The spool isn't that bad, matter of fact I actually like it. I was in a better mood than Brucie when we left! At least Josh qualified for the sportsman A with his box stock RTR.
By the sounds of it you were using the flying wing arms. I had a few mishaps with them aswell so i changed the whole front end back to the older style arms and just use them in the rear so i can use the good sway bar. It wasn't even a hard hit either. The car is so much stronger than before.

It's good to see your making good progress with it though
Old 12-29-2008, 03:06 AM   #129
Tech Addict

seems like the G4 RTR is competitive enough!

well done...
Old 12-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #130
Tech Apprentice

freestyles : did you experiment on just using the older arms? did it all fit or you change the whole front end including bulkheads? cause in my experience the rs front end fits the s or + (not evo don't have one to know yet) chasis not the other way around..

chiefy did you go with the factory set up or billy's help or ??????????? did you even tried the diff ??? you'll need it at vrc for sho tight small track not like speedworld..lol
Old 12-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #131
Tech Regular

I ran it out of the box. Didn't even put it on a setup board! Billy helped with my engine and clutch tuning.

I am running the flying wings and I'm coming to look at it as probably more of a good thing than bad. Bad in that it always sucks whenever anything breaks. Good in that the plastic part gave out before the pricey aluminum one did! I can't blame the car for breaking since it wouldn't have happened if I just would've driven better. Oh well, that's racing!

Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #132
Tech Apprentice

joe just because it's factory built that doesn't mean it's factory set up..
Old 12-29-2008, 11:36 PM   #133
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Man View Post
joe just because it's factory built that doesn't mean it's factory set up..

better to check the setup again.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #134
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Man View Post
freestyles : did you experiment on just using the older arms? did it all fit or you change the whole front end including bulkheads? cause in my experience the rs front end fits the s or + (not evo don't have one to know yet) chasis not the other way around..

chiefy did you go with the factory set up or billy's help or ??????????? did you even tried the diff ??? you'll need it at vrc for sho tight small track not like speedworld..lol
Yeah the older style arms fit very nice with the new speedshot bulkheads i didn't have to sand them down at all, it was perfect. The front upper arms feel a little loose on the hinge pin though, it's as if the diameter of the hole in the arm is a tad bigger than the pin. When you use the older front upper arms with the speedshot you will have to use one caster clip less than with the flying arms so i suppose you loose 1mm of adjustment of caster but you can over come it by setting the car up a bit differently i suppose
I am actually using the 4mm G4+ chassis if that means anything
Old 12-30-2008, 12:24 AM   #135
Tech Regular

I may be dumb but I'm not stupid. You really think I think the car is setup out of the box?

Um let's see... 10 minutes before my 1st drive with the car I'm cutting out cooling hole cutouts in the body and reaming body holes. I'm trying to get my starter box, igniter, and receiver charged. I had to run to Billy's shop to buy fuel and a bottle since mine's at Manny's. I'm still not sure if the engine will even want to start since it's still on break in settings and never been ran mounted on the car yet.
I know my car needed a setup board. You can just look at it and notice this pillow ball had two more exposed threads than that pillow ball or this wheel points this way the wrong way. I figured since I'm mainly after break in runs I'll be driving slow so I should be able to drive with any funny problems the car puts up so the setup board can wait. I even had a setup board out with all the tools too.

Funny thing is, I effed up the car good for driving it pretty damn slow!