R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2008, 08:30 AM   #121
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ioxqq View Post
Want to know if the rear lower flying arm fit into G4S?
Yes they do. Although you can't really use the outside locations for the hinge pins in the baulkheads for these new longer arms. But they can be used. I use them all the time.
Mainly cause you have the option of shortenning the wheelbase easier with them.

Regards,
British Menace
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 08:53 AM   #122
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Yes they do. Although you can't really use the outside locations for the hinge pins in the baulkheads for these new longer arms. But they can be used. I use them all the time.
Mainly cause you have the option of shortenning the wheelbase easier with them.

Regards,
British Menace
you would need to use the G4+ rear bulkheads, these bulkheads have the option of inner or outer hole setting. there for you need the rear back plate for the G4+ and the new style swaybar and the brake support bracket. spacers and hingepins. i would stick with the std G4S arms, they are much stronger. but yes all these parts fit the G4S chassis.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #123
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
you would need to use the G4+ rear bulkheads, these bulkheads have the option of inner or outer hole setting. there for you need the rear back plate for the G4+ and the new style swaybar and the brake support bracket. spacers and hingepins. i would stick with the std G4S arms, they are much stronger. but yes all these parts fit the G4S chassis.
......
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:37 PM   #124
Tech Apprentice
 
D Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: vallejo, CA
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NitroWD View Post
from what know; the new rear bracket, bulkheads, etc...wont fit the S chassis. Rear of the S chassis is wider and mounting holes are different from the RS.

i think the fly arms shld fit the S but length of the S and fly arms are of diff length. Fly arms are longer i suppose.
the rs is different we're talking about the plus parts not evo either the only difference in the s and the plus chasis is the plus uses the 4 mm k factory chasis everything bolts in, the rs is the same except for the back bracket other than that and the hingepins it's all the same . it was easier to use the plus for an example because of that..i also experimented in the rs, if you want to make your rs into a plus /evo without the bling blings and the wc chasis etc. you can , advantage is longer (not wider ) wheel base and more roll center adjustment all you need is the 3 mm or 4 mm g4s chasis with the new back bracket and spacer set also i think the hingepins, cause i don't remember which hingepins i used the longer or shorter one.. basically you will have a g4plus evo with the options for longer wheel base..but you cannot put the s front end in the rs chasis only the upper arms is what i'm sure of the bottom haven't tried it .. good luck on which way you guys go with your mutant ninja g4 lol
__________________
Team VRC
D Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2008, 12:50 PM   #125
Tech Apprentice
 
D Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: vallejo, CA
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

i think i got it with the hingepins = if you use the 502290 the new back bracket you will need the longer hingepins with the spacer set..

also i am talking about the g4s with the ED transmission..
__________________
Team VRC
D Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 09:56 PM   #126
Tech Apprentice
 
D Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: vallejo, CA
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

well chiefy,, how did your first race go on the new evo??? tell us all about it..
__________________
Team VRC
D Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 10:44 PM   #127
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

Well, it was both a great day in that the car is almost there and that the weather and turnout were both great. However, I never finished a complete run.
1st qualifier: clutch too tight and engine still running rich. 2nd qualifier: clutch fixed, engine leaned out a bit but still rich. But car 'stuck' doesn't go anywhere even at WOT. 3rd qualifier: Engine at a better tune but now car suddenly spins like it has a lost belt. It doesn't BTW. Finally the main: Ran 1 lap only to cut in too close to the inside of the right hander at the end of the straight. Boom, both suspensions on the Righthand side torn away. GAME OVER.
Oh well. I had a good time. The car is almost there. The spool isn't that bad, matter of fact I actually like it. I was in a better mood than Brucie when we left! At least Josh qualified for the sportsman A with his box stock RTR.
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 12:07 AM   #128
Tech Master
 
freestyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
Well, it was both a great day in that the car is almost there and that the weather and turnout were both great. However, I never finished a complete run.
1st qualifier: clutch too tight and engine still running rich. 2nd qualifier: clutch fixed, engine leaned out a bit but still rich. But car 'stuck' doesn't go anywhere even at WOT. 3rd qualifier: Engine at a better tune but now car suddenly spins like it has a lost belt. It doesn't BTW. Finally the main: Ran 1 lap only to cut in too close to the inside of the right hander at the end of the straight. Boom, both suspensions on the Righthand side torn away. GAME OVER.
Oh well. I had a good time. The car is almost there. The spool isn't that bad, matter of fact I actually like it. I was in a better mood than Brucie when we left! At least Josh qualified for the sportsman A with his box stock RTR.
By the sounds of it you were using the flying wing arms. I had a few mishaps with them aswell so i changed the whole front end back to the older style arms and just use them in the rear so i can use the good sway bar. It wasn't even a hard hit either. The car is so much stronger than before.

It's good to see your making good progress with it though
__________________
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:06 AM   #129
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

seems like the G4 RTR is competitive enough!

well done...
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 01:22 PM   #130
Tech Apprentice
 
D Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: vallejo, CA
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

freestyles : did you experiment on just using the older arms? did it all fit or you change the whole front end including bulkheads? cause in my experience the rs front end fits the s or + (not evo don't have one to know yet) chasis not the other way around..

chiefy did you go with the factory set up or billy's help or ??????????? did you even tried the diff ??? you'll need it at vrc for sho tight small track not like speedworld..lol
__________________
Team VRC
D Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #131
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

I ran it out of the box. Didn't even put it on a setup board! Billy helped with my engine and clutch tuning.

I am running the flying wings and I'm coming to look at it as probably more of a good thing than bad. Bad in that it always sucks whenever anything breaks. Good in that the plastic part gave out before the pricey aluminum one did! I can't blame the car for breaking since it wouldn't have happened if I just would've driven better. Oh well, that's racing!
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 10:22 PM   #132
Tech Apprentice
 
D Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: vallejo, CA
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

joe just because it's factory built that doesn't mean it's factory set up..
__________________
Team VRC
D Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:36 PM   #133
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Man View Post
joe just because it's factory built that doesn't mean it's factory set up..

better to check the setup again.
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 11:42 PM   #134
Tech Master
 
freestyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Man View Post
freestyles : did you experiment on just using the older arms? did it all fit or you change the whole front end including bulkheads? cause in my experience the rs front end fits the s or + (not evo don't have one to know yet) chasis not the other way around..

chiefy did you go with the factory set up or billy's help or ??????????? did you even tried the diff ??? you'll need it at vrc for sho tight small track not like speedworld..lol
Yeah the older style arms fit very nice with the new speedshot bulkheads i didn't have to sand them down at all, it was perfect. The front upper arms feel a little loose on the hinge pin though, it's as if the diameter of the hole in the arm is a tad bigger than the pin. When you use the older front upper arms with the speedshot you will have to use one caster clip less than with the flying arms so i suppose you loose 1mm of adjustment of caster but you can over come it by setting the car up a bit differently i suppose
I am actually using the 4mm G4+ chassis if that means anything
__________________
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2008, 12:24 AM   #135
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

I may be dumb but I'm not stupid. You really think I think the car is setup out of the box?

Um let's see... 10 minutes before my 1st drive with the car I'm cutting out cooling hole cutouts in the body and reaming body holes. I'm trying to get my starter box, igniter, and receiver charged. I had to run to Billy's shop to buy fuel and a bottle since mine's at Manny's. I'm still not sure if the engine will even want to start since it's still on break in settings and never been ran mounted on the car yet.
I know my car needed a setup board. You can just look at it and notice this pillow ball had two more exposed threads than that pillow ball or this wheel points this way the wrong way. I figured since I'm mainly after break in runs I'll be driving slow so I should be able to drive with any funny problems the car puts up so the setup board can wait. I even had a setup board out with all the tools too.

Funny thing is, I effed up the car good for driving it pretty damn slow!
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Magic G4 Motorman Nitro On-Road 11759 12-09-2016 06:09 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 08:17 AM
What to do with my G4? .:Andy:. Nitro On-Road 31 02-02-2009 02:26 AM
Xray NT1 vs Team Magic G4S badKarma Nitro On-Road 35 10-13-2007 02:26 AM
RD Logics Mongoose G4 Team Magic Evo Nitro Touring Car lidebt2 Nitro On-Road 20 08-11-2007 06:38 PM
Team Magic G4 Evo, must sell Raul Garcia R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 10-16-2004 04:24 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:12 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net