R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 04-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #391
Tech Regular

Has this thread really died? Have people stopped racing their +Evo's? Mine's is currently out of commision since all my R/C money is being funneled into my Cup Racer.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 09:42 PM   #392
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Hey keavze what is that alloy piece where your handle usually goes? Did you make it yourself or did you buy it? Wolf hobbies posted earlier that if you cut down the handle it drops motor temps by 10 degrees, is this why you did it?
oops you noticed that...
it's a customised piece, i've been using this without the TM handle since G4S days.
i didn't know it'll lower the temp but the main reason is that it'll clear any engine carb and less flex than the plastic handle.

with the plastic handle, some engine carbs (that sit lower) will hit the handle (abit thick) when throttle; e.g. my sirio sti.

chiefy: i'm still loving my +evo every minute and racing it. no issues at all! GREAT car... but not as great driver, haha.
Old 05-01-2009, 09:05 PM   #393
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodak Hodak Send a message via Skype™ to Kodak Hodak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
Has this thread really died? Have people stopped racing their +Evo's? Mine's is currently out of commision since all my R/C money is being funneled into my Cup Racer.
pretty much, gone to serpent, others have gone to mugen & kyosho - just doing something differant Loved the G4S back in the day, cost me a packet but hoping the serpent 720 gonna give me more love!

Regards
Frankie
Old 05-01-2009, 09:49 PM   #394
Tech Rookie

Smile Sorry

Sorry i do not whether i am in the correct page.I am a newbie who just bought team magic RTR G4 JR.Can i have some advice on the car itself. thanks.

Last edited by maruthi; 05-01-2009 at 11:10 PM.
maruthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 10:21 PM   #395
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

The Team Magic G4rs page might be better suited for the JR but either one will work.

What do you want to know?
Old 05-10-2009, 01:35 PM   #396
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by maruthi View Post
Sorry i do not whether i am in the correct page.I am a newbie who just bought team magic RTR G4 JR.Can i have some advice on the car itself. thanks.
you should check the G4RS page, or get a G4+EVO or sell your car and wait a bit for the G42 I heard that the car is great and heard that the price is going to be excellent.
aizenbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:58 AM   #397
Tech Addict

Default camber issues

woah! i gotta bring this up from 3rd page...

anyway, just wana check something about the cambers:

are there any limits to the amount of camber for the front and rear? (any min or max?)

what's the ultimate objective for camber adjustments? do we want to have the least amount of camber for the correct tire wear? or as long as the tire wear is correct (shape); we can have any amount of camber?

example: to have the correct tire wear, my front camber is 2.5deg and rear is 4deg, is it too much?

what can i adjust to have lesser camber but with correct tire wear?
Old 05-23-2009, 05:21 AM   #398
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
woah! i gotta bring this up from 3rd page...

anyway, just wana check something about the cambers:

are there any limits to the amount of camber for the front and rear? (any min or max?)

what's the ultimate objective for camber adjustments? do we want to have the least amount of camber for the correct tire wear? or as long as the tire wear is correct (shape); we can have any amount of camber?

example: to have the correct tire wear, my front camber is 2.5deg and rear is 4deg, is it too much?

what can i adjust to have lesser camber but with correct tire wear?
What do you mean by correct tire wear???????

Camber angle

A wheel with a negative camber angle

Camber angle is the angle between the vertical axis of the wheel and the vertical axis of the vehicle when viewed from the front or rear. If the top of the wheel is further out than the bottom (that is, away from the axle), it is called positive camber; if the bottom of the wheel is further out than the top, it is called negative camber.

Camber angle alters the handling characteristics of a car. As a general rule, increasing negative camber improves grip on that wheel when cornering (within limits). This is because it gives the tire that is taking the greatest proportion of the cornering forces, a more optimal angle to the road, increasing its contact patch and transmitting the forces through the vertical plane of the tire, rather than through a shear force across it. Another reason to have negative camber is that a rubber tire tends to roll on itself while cornering. If the tire had zero camber, the inside edge of the contact patch would begin to lift off of the ground, thereby reducing the contact patch. By applying negative camber, this effect is reduced, thereby maximizing the contact patch.

On the other hand, for maximum straight-line acceleration, obviously the greatest traction will be attained when the camber angle is zero and the tread is flat on the road. Proper management of camber angle is a major factor in suspension design, and must incorporate not only idealized geometric models, but also real-life behavior of the components: flex, distortion, elasticity, etc.

Most RC race cars have some form of double wishbone suspension which allow you to adjust camber angle (as well as camber intake).

Camber Intake

Camber intake is the measure of how much the camber angle changes as the suspension is compressed. This is determined by the length and angle between the top and bottom suspension arms (or turnbuckles). If the top and bottom suspension arms are parallel, camber will not change as the suspension is compressed. If the angle between the arms is considerable, the camber will increase as the suspension is compressed.

A certain amount of camber intake is desirable to maintain the face of the wheel parallel to the ground as the car rolls into a corner.

Note: the suspension arms should be either parallel or closer to each other on the inside (car side) than on the wheel side. Having suspension arms that are closer to each other at the wheel side than at the car, will result in camber angles that vary radically (and a car that behaves erratically).

Camber intake will define how the roll-center of your race car behaves. The roll center of your car will in turn determine how weight will be transferred when cornering and this will have an important effect on handling
G4+EVO
G4RS 09' (IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!!!) Serpent 733 put on hold!!
Old 05-23-2009, 06:06 AM   #399
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by aizenbelle View Post
What do you mean by correct tire wear???????
i meant the tire wear evenly on the inside and outside...
Old 05-23-2009, 08:08 AM   #400
Tech Regular

Quote:
i meant the tire wear evenly on the inside and outside...
The tires will never wear evenly even if you leave the camber at 0 degrees . if your foams are uneven use a tire truer.
G4+EVO
Old 05-30-2009, 04:48 AM   #401
Tech Adept

If any of you guys need any help with parts let us now at support @machinaria.com or you can visit our site.
MACHINARIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 03:58 PM   #402
Tech Regular

I'm just wondering if anyone has tried anything other than the spool in their front diff? I tried the oneway and I absolutely hate it (though I do prefer oneways in other cars).
I still have a gear diff that I need to put together. Any weight suggestions? I was thinking 100,000.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 08:21 PM   #403
Tech Regular

Quote:
I'm just wondering if anyone has tried anything other than the spool in their front diff? I tried the oneway and I absolutely hate it (though I do prefer oneways in other cars).
I still have a gear diff that I need to put together. Any weight suggestions? I was thinking 100,000.
what? you prefer oneways in what other cars?
G4+EVO
Old 06-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #404
Tech Addict

Quote:
never liked the 1way on any cars.

for the front diff; i'm using 80k; rear diff 20k.
Old 06-04-2009, 07:34 AM   #405
Tech Regular

Quote:
never liked the 1way on any cars.

for the front diff; i'm using 80k; rear diff 20k.
I really don't mind my the one way, but it really depends on who is driving the car .
G4+EVO