Wiki Posts
Search

Team Magic G4 + EVO

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2009, 03:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by freestyles
The receivers sit very close to the motor and over heat. A lot of G4 drivers have complained about this issue and like Luis said put the receiver on the transponder holder. I myself didn't do that but when i built my car and installed the receiver i put a piece if 5mm perspex (with some holes drilled in for cooling) in between the motor and the receiver holder and just used a big cable tie to hold it all together. I just didn't like the idea of my receiver hanging out on the side like that and preferred the protection of the stock position.

Sorry to hear about your loved one mate I hope you get back on the track soon
Hi FreeStyles:

I stopped using the transponder mount for that reason. Back in the G4S days i got T-Boned by a Mugen on the transponder mount. The carbon fibre split and it also cracked the servo mount.

But it might be my only option!
Old 03-22-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by sparksy
Yep. Lou is a top bloke.

You need to sort out that steering link rubbing issue dude. Free that up so the assembly does not hit and make is so stiff. Thats your battery issue taken care of. The power draw when your steering is so tight is what was killing your reciever battery.

Was good to see you racing again though mate.
tight steering might be caused by the wheel hubs being too tight on the pillow mounts...
easy way to check is to disconnect the steering link on the wheel hubs and check for any binding.
Old 03-23-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Addict

Default hinge pins positioning

hi,
anyone got a better explanation (than the TM manual) on the effects of moving the hinge pins position to inner or outer for the front top arms and rear lower arms?
Old 03-23-2009, 07:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by keavze
hi,
anyone got a better explanation (than the TM manual) on the effects of moving the hinge pins position to inner or outer for the front top arms and rear lower arms?
inner (long arm) outer (short arm)
a short arm will give you more camber rise, a long arm not as much. so the shorter the arm, as the suspension compresses, the camber intake increases, so its like adding more camber at a time it needs it, but you can have too much

tight steering might be caused by the wheel hubs being too tight on the pillow mounts...
easy way to check is to disconnect the steering link on the wheel hubs and check for any binding.
look at the ball cups if your running the std parts. the ball cups are so tight when new, a simple squeeze with your pliers will loosen them up some. i had this happen while i was leading with a brand new G4+ it drained my LiPo twice as much.
Old 03-23-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was just reading the topic titled mtx5 on this forum, and one of the guys was comparing Tm cars to radio shack quality... I had a g4s ran the hell out of it and never had a single problem.

Gotta love the hate towards this brand...
Old 03-24-2009, 02:42 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
inner (long arm) outer (short arm)
a short arm will give you more camber rise, a long arm not as much. so the shorter the arm, as the suspension compresses, the camber intake increases, so its like adding more camber at a time it needs it, but you can have too much
i understand it applys to the top front arms and rear 'uplink'; but if it's the rear lower arms then it'll be the oposite?

more camber rise = more grip?
Old 03-24-2009, 03:13 AM
Tech Elite

i understand it applys to the top front arms and rear 'uplink'; but if it's the rear lower arms then it'll be the oposite?

more camber rise = more grip?
well that will be changing your track width then. if you have this option then i will be using the old arms on the car then.
Old 03-27-2009, 04:56 AM
Tech Elite

Hi

I posted this in the RS Thread as well...

Car is all back together for a track test this weekend. I have installed a new battery pack and moved the receiver out to the transponder mount.

I will track test on Sunday, if i still have issues then i have a radio problem.
Attached Thumbnails Team Magic G4 + EVO-img_1370.jpg   Team Magic G4 + EVO-img_1371.jpg  
Old 03-27-2009, 03:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

man you have more dirt caked up on that exhaust than a pile of dirt..
Old 03-27-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by rcrevolution
man you have more dirt caked up on that exhaust than a pile of dirt..
That's not dirt, either it's JB Weld or something like it. May not look pretty but it protects that thin and skinny stinger hanging out there.

I reversed the reciever box so that the opening faces toward the front of the car. The only real problem i find in doing this is that spilled fuel can collect in there alot easier. Also the crap tiny grab handle doesn't sit as flush anymore but this doesn't really bother me as long as I keep the handle screws tightened down and check them from time to time.
Old 03-28-2009, 08:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear
Hi

I posted this in the RS Thread as well...

Car is all back together for a track test this weekend. I have installed a new battery pack and moved the receiver out to the transponder mount.

I will track test on Sunday, if i still have issues then i have a radio problem.
Just thinking bundy, be carefull how thick the heatshrink is you buy from jaycar or some where. You may have a few issues trying to mount it back in
Old 03-29-2009, 12:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by freestyles
Just thinking bundy, be carefull how thick the heatshrink is you buy from jaycar or some where. You may have a few issues trying to mount it back in
True True...

I really don't like where i have put the receiver. After 20min on the track on my own it has still managed to come loose on the double sided tape. And it interfears with the travel of the throttle servo for the brake action!

Maybe i need a Patto modified radio tray with the stand up throttle servo!
Old 03-29-2009, 01:21 AM
Tech Elite

True True...

I really don't like where i have put the receiver. After 20min on the track on my own it has still managed to come loose on the double sided tape. And it interfears with the travel of the throttle servo for the brake action!

well post me a 2mm sheet of carbon , and ill work some maj hic.
Old 03-29-2009, 03:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

True True...

OMG

Brendan is taking some pics.....
Old 03-29-2009, 03:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Pattojnr
well post me a 2mm sheet of carbon , and ill work some maj hic.
No way... Postman and I don't see eye to eye at the moment. My tyre lathe has gone walkabouts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.