R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #286
Tech Regular
 
Chiefy 707's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Vallejo, CA
Posts: 485
Default

I didn't notice! Not one but two even.

Man this rain sucks. Not only does it mean I can't drive. It also makes me not want to work on my car. Got my parts already too! About 5 days from HK, not bad!
__________________
"It looks like a [insert car here]. It's just another [insert car here] clone!"
"Why did [insert manufacturer here] go with such a radical design? [insert manufacturer here] needs to stick with what works!" Shhhh, please.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:13 AM   #287
Tech Rookie
 
nitro rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: adelaide s.a
Posts: 6
Default spektrum dx2.0

hey guys,im just wondering if someone can help me out with my servos.I have one servo that is a standard race servo and one is a high torque race servo(which one is for the steering and which one is for the throttle&brake).I cant seam to see it in the manual
nitro rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:34 AM   #288
Tech Apprentice
 
D Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: vallejo, CA
Posts: 98
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro rush View Post
hey guys,im just wondering if someone can help me out with my servos.I have one servo that is a standard race servo and one is a high torque race servo(which one is for the steering and which one is for the throttle&brake).I cant seam to see it in the manual
what are the specs?
the fastest one for steering but if the same speed use the one with the higher torque

if your servos is not faster than .10 @ 6volts and atleast 120 OZ torque i would invest in a new one that is faster and higher torque for the steering
__________________
Team VRC
D Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:53 AM   #289
Tech Rookie
 
nitro rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: adelaide s.a
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Man View Post
what are the specs?
the fastest one for steering but if the same speed use the one with the higher torque

if your servos is not faster than .10 @ 6volts and atleast 120 OZ torque i would invest in a new one that is faster and higher torque for the steering
thanks

Last edited by nitro rush; 03-03-2009 at 12:56 AM. Reason: im new to this and didnt mean to post it to myself
nitro rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:29 AM   #290
Tech Rookie
 
nitro rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: adelaide s.a
Posts: 6
Default spektrum dx2.0

the model number for the standard race servo is Z270 and the model number for the high torque servo is Z590,can some body let me know which one is for the steering please and which one is for the throttle(cheers)
nitro rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:51 AM   #291
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro rush View Post
the model number for the standard race servo is Z270 and the model number for the high torque servo is Z590,can some body let me know which one is for the steering please and which one is for the throttle(cheers)
use the Z590 for the steering Paul.
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:07 AM   #292
Tech Rookie
 
nitro rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: adelaide s.a
Posts: 6
Smile patto

thanks alot your a champ,i appreciate it alot
nitro rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:29 AM   #293
Tech Regular
 
diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 393
Default TM spring rate table

Hi guys,

Anyone has a link to the G4 series' spring rate table? I am looking in particular

the spring rate in pounds for the 1.4mm springs.

Thanks.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:02 AM   #294
Tech Regular
 
qcrc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: IA Quad Cities
Posts: 363
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Team Magic G4 Suspension Springs Data
COLOR WIRE LBS/IN gf/mm
gray 1.90 52.00 929
orange 1.80 41.50 742
blue 1.70 31.00 554
aqua 1.60 26.00 465
silver 1.60 26.00 465
purple 1.50 20.00 357
pink 1.40 17.00 304
fuccia 1.30 13.50 241
green 1.20 11.00 197
__________________
https://www.facebook.com/ISLANDSPEEWAY/
qcrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 07:55 AM   #295
Tech Regular
 
diesel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Singapore
Posts: 393
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qcrc View Post
Team Magic G4 Suspension Springs Data
COLOR WIRE LBS/IN gf/mm
gray 1.90 52.00 929
orange 1.80 41.50 742
blue 1.70 31.00 554
aqua 1.60 26.00 465
silver 1.60 26.00 465
purple 1.50 20.00 357
pink 1.40 17.00 304
fuccia 1.30 13.50 241
green 1.20 11.00 197
Thanks for the great piece of info.

Cheers.
diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:40 PM   #296
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Thanks Keavze... Is it smaller in diameter as well?
the RS and +evo disc are 0.3mm bigger (in diameter) than the alum ED disc and K1443 is 1mm bigger than the alum ED disc.
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:07 PM   #297
Tech Master
 
freestyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
the RS and +evo disc are 0.3mm bigger (in diameter) than the alum ED disc and K1443 is 1mm bigger than the alum ED disc.
I use the K-factory vented brake disc with the real racing pads from kfactory aswell and it is no where near the crank case. The motor is an O.S. TZ.

But in my mongoose using a STS D12e the stamped brake disc that is also on the +evo used to rub on the motor mounts so i had to dremel quite a fair bit off one side.
__________________
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:16 PM   #298
Tech Elite
 
Bundy_Bear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Brisbane, Qld
Posts: 2,682
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by keavze View Post
the RS and +evo disc are 0.3mm bigger (in diameter) than the alum ED disc and K1443 is 1mm bigger than the alum ED disc.
Keavze:

Thanks for that information, that means that getting K1443 would be a waste of $10usd. My best solution would be to do as Patto said and machine the original disc down on the bench grider.

TM why have you addressed this issue seeing this would be about the 5th generation of this car!!!!
__________________
MissMooRC Racing
Find us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/missmoorc
Bundy_Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:45 PM   #299
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bundy_Bear View Post
Keavze:

Thanks for that information, that means that getting K1443 would be a waste of $10usd. My best solution would be to do as Patto said and machine the original disc down on the bench grider.

TM why have you addressed this issue seeing this would be about the 5th generation of this car!!!!
when i was using k1443 with OS and picco engines, there're no issues of disc touching the engines...

maybe someone can share what engines will not have clearance for the stock RS brake disc?
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 06:51 PM   #300
Tech Addict
 
keavze's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 590
Default

by the way, how's the stock setup for the +evo given in the manual?
any 'better' suggestions? especially about the roll-centers...
__________________
>>> the "SNAKE" doesn't bite; it STINGS! <<<
keavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Magic G4 Motorman Nitro On-Road 11759 12-09-2016 06:09 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 08:17 AM
What to do with my G4? .:Andy:. Nitro On-Road 31 02-02-2009 02:26 AM
Xray NT1 vs Team Magic G4S badKarma Nitro On-Road 35 10-13-2007 02:26 AM
RD Logics Mongoose G4 Team Magic Evo Nitro Touring Car lidebt2 Nitro On-Road 20 08-11-2007 06:38 PM
Team Magic G4 Evo, must sell Raul Garcia R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 10-16-2004 04:24 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net