R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-01-2008, 03:03 AM   #16
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked_on View Post
Does anyone know if this is going to limited edition and i guess now my unused G4+ is worth shit all!!!!
nice to see the G4+ logo on the back shock tower. when i happened to break my real G4+ one, a few emails back and forth, they said it cant be replaced cause its a LTD chassis. now they are on the new cars
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 03:23 AM   #17
Tech Regular
 
Nitro-Racer*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cyprus
Posts: 398
Default

looks like a very very nice tm car, this will draw some more people in buying a tm car
this car will be a winner, i would love to buy one but why do that?? i can always upgrade!! the only things that i am missing is the wc package and that beutiful tank.
team magic did it again!!!
Nitro-Racer* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 06:14 AM   #18
Tech Master
 
freestyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussies1129 View Post
for those aussies looking at buying one I can estimate with our current ridiclulous exchange rate due to the current world financial meltdown this would cost about a gazillion australian dollars
I am off to the real estate agent to sell my house
Damn Aussie dollar

Hey Michael do you want to go halves in a bank robbery charge?
__________________
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:07 AM   #19
Tech Master
 
freestyles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sydney
Posts: 1,118
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Those tyres in the pictures are they the K factory ones or are they TM brand?

Who has used them, what are they like and are they expensive??
__________________
This public service announcement was brought to you by the letter "B" and the number "9". Thanks for watching.
freestyles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:29 AM   #20
Tech Elite
 
Pattojnr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Perth Australia
Posts: 4,594
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Those tyres in the pictures are they the K factory ones or are they TM brand?

Who has used them, what are they like and are they expensive??
they are K Factory which is a TM brand
__________________
Serpent - Walter RC
Serpent E Power ..... Serpent 747 Reds M3T
Serpent 966-TE Reds M7T .... S411ERYX Speedpassion 3.5T, T-Shox
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 04:53 AM   #21
Tech Elite
 
aussies1129's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: LAND DOWN UNDER
Posts: 3,485
Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Damn Aussie dollar

Hey Michael do you want to go halves in a bank robbery charge?
yeah sounds good only if you can guarantee we dont get court!lol:

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
Those tyres in the pictures are they the K factory ones or are they TM brand?

Who has used them, what are they like and are they expensive??
I have used these tyres there good but really not worth the extra expense and there a bit hard to source!
I use nitro shoes which about $7US a pair they do the job well.
cheers
__________________
Proudly supported by......
Premier Model Supplies Pty Ltd
H.E.I AUSTRALIA
XRAY*****PRO-LINE*****HUDY*****
-----FUTABA-----NOVAROSSI-----

Last edited by aussies1129; 11-02-2008 at 06:35 AM.
aussies1129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 07:52 AM   #22
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,338
Default

It's a shame they didn't use the RS transmission instead of the ED. I too like the larger bearings in the two speed.
I'm wondering. Is it using the RS chassis and top deck ..... and did they solve the problems with the upper deck mounting holes being out of place??

British Menace
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 12:36 PM   #23
Tech Regular
 
blee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Covina, California, USA
Posts: 253
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
It's a shame they didn't use the RS transmission instead of the ED. I too like the larger bearings in the two speed.
I'm wondering. Is it using the RS chassis and top deck ..... and did they solve the problems with the upper deck mounting holes being out of place??

British Menace

RS came with ED transmission actually, nothing wrong bro.! They just replaced the new 2 speed housing (with bigger bearing).
blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 02:41 PM   #24
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post
RS came with ED transmission actually, nothing wrong bro.! They just replaced the new 2 speed housing (with bigger bearing).
I thought ED tranny uses the Aluminium pulleys and different two speed shaft and Brake disk along with a different Brake pully.
The RS uses the Plastic pulleys.........doesn't it?

Or am I wrong here?

British Menace
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:02 PM   #25
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
I thought ED tranny uses the Aluminium pulleys and different two speed shaft and Brake disk along with a different Brake pully.
The RS uses the Plastic pulleys.........doesn't it?

Or am I wrong here?

British Menace
You are right, but I guess what Blee means is that both are ED tranny in their gear ratio numbers. I have the S with alum. ED tranny, and the JS with the plastic ED...by far I prefer the plastic one.

I just ordered a RS...can you please clarify me the issue on the upper deck/chassis????

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #26
Tech Elite
 
British Menace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Davenport, IA
Posts: 2,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by afm View Post
You are right, but I guess what Blee means is that both are ED tranny in their gear ratio numbers. I have the S with alum. ED tranny, and the JS with the plastic ED...by far I prefer the plastic one.

I just ordered a RS...can you please clarify me the issue on the upper deck/chassis????

AFM
Hi AFM

I have heard some having problems with the chassis tweaking. Not due to any crash but, some are thinking, the holes in the top deck have been drilled slightly out of place??!

Loosening the screws, then re-tightening them again and the problem has gone???! Only to return after another 5min qualifier..........without any crash or accident.???!!?

I do not have an RS myself so I do not have first hand experience of this.
I believe it's the position of the rear holes on the top deck.

Hope this helps.

British Menace
__________________
So enjoying building cars I sometimes forget to save some "man-time" to race them!?
British Menace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:00 AM   #27
afm
Tech Master
 
afm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: lima-peru
Posts: 1,807
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
Hi AFM

I have heard some having problems with the chassis tweaking. Not due to any crash but, some are thinking, the holes in the top deck have been drilled slightly out of place??!

Loosening the screws, then re-tightening them again and the problem has gone???! Only to return after another 5min qualifier..........without any crash or accident.???!!?

I do not have an RS myself so I do not have first hand experience of this.
I believe it's the position of the rear holes on the top deck.

Hope this helps.

British Menace
Thanks BM....come to think about it, I had the same problem on my G4S, and as you said i had to loose and retighten screws after every run....finally found issue with misaligned holes on aluminum side plates that support rear end with deck support posts...also that after any minor race insident the side plate from spur side tweaked and stayed tweaked (alum)....finally made myself new carbon side plates, and problem solved...

AFM
afm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:53 AM   #28
Tech Regular
 
blee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Covina, California, USA
Posts: 253
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by British Menace View Post
I thought ED tranny uses the Aluminium pulleys and different two speed shaft and Brake disk along with a different Brake pully.
The RS uses the Plastic pulleys.........doesn't it?

Or am I wrong here?

British Menace

RS, JS, JR and G4+ equipped with ED transmission but G4+ with AL. pulley. See below photo:

blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 09:57 AM   #29
Tech Regular
 
blee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Covina, California, USA
Posts: 253
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnitro View Post
I'm guessing it will be priced between $400 - $600 because its a mix of the + and RS

The price is under $500, we will have the car this week.
blee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:22 AM   #30
ALG
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: LIMA PERU
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blee View Post
The price is under $500, we will have the car this week.
499.99 jajajajaja

keep us informed!!!!!!!!!!!!
regards
ALG
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team Magic G4 Motorman Nitro On-Road 11759 12-09-2016 06:09 AM
The Big Locked Thread donitaROSE Manila Racers 89718 03-26-2015 08:17 AM
What to do with my G4? .:Andy:. Nitro On-Road 31 02-02-2009 02:26 AM
Xray NT1 vs Team Magic G4S badKarma Nitro On-Road 35 10-13-2007 02:26 AM
RD Logics Mongoose G4 Team Magic Evo Nitro Touring Car lidebt2 Nitro On-Road 20 08-11-2007 06:38 PM
Team Magic G4 Evo, must sell Raul Garcia R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 32 10-16-2004 04:24 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 11:55 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net