Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that's not a G4+evo!!!!!! the front upper arm is not a flying wing... heheehehe
Old 02-20-2009, 12:34 AM   #242
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
where the hell do you find your capricorn stuff? all I can find is stores in euros....

but yea find out if u can find parts for the mtx-3

almost all parts from the g4s are available for the mongoose, ill leave my offer on the table for a little longer then im putting it up for sale.

cheify you need to wrap the srpings in either red or black ballons and it will look nice.

murnan has some of the capricorn stuff
Old 02-20-2009, 02:01 AM   #243
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D Man View Post
murnan has some of the capricorn stuff
I have never seen any Capricorn parts in Australia and have never used their stuff but i've heard it's top quality gear Plus my star sign is capricorn so maybe it might be an omen

Is there a distributer in Australia or is it all done on line?
Old 02-20-2009, 11:26 AM   #244
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Differentials play a very important role in all cars, they allow the car to corner and turn smoothly and
easily. As in any corner or arc of travel, the outside wheels must travel a greater distance than the inside
wheels. Under power, without rear differentials (solid axle) a car will tend to drive in a straight line and
cornering will be extremely difficult. Many racers use front spool or one way , this differs from the rear
as front wheels turn, the direction of force is applied in the direction the wheels are facing. Regardless,
many drivers are reverting back to using front differentials to improve front end performance. What
makes a good differential? It is based on precision meshing of bevel gears, perfect balancing, low
rotational mass and smooth operation. K Factory developed and produced differentials according to
this criteria.

The front differential cover is now light weight aluminum and hard coated to resist against oxidisation.
The covers are precision machined and lightened to reduce rotational mass, and this improves acceleration
and deceleration. The differential is also balanced, this in turn reduces vibration and helps improve traction.

Old 02-20-2009, 11:57 AM   #245
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by freestyles View Post
I have never seen any Capricorn parts in Australia and have never used their stuff but i've heard it's top quality gear Plus my star sign is capricorn so maybe it might be an omen

Is there a distributer in Australia or is it all done on line?
don't know about there in australia but i believe chiefy gets his online as well
Old 02-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #246
Tech Regular

LOL, dang Dan, for a G4 hater you sure do spend alot of time on this thread!

Murnan provides my Capricorn fix. I've been very happy with how all the Cap stuff performs... for the most part. I just wish they provided cool goat logo decals with the packaging and that 37 front wheel broke a little too easy. (That said, I broke my car yesterday: right upright and right front bulkhead and the wheels held up well.)
My CL12E has been great. Easy to tune as well as hold that tune. Power is very good, maybe even excellent. Time will tell how well it holds up. Alot of guys at me and DMan's home track run the Werks TL12 which is basically the same Sirio engine but they've been breaking. I swapped my conrod already after I felt the engine was done with the crappy part of break-in and I noticed during the teardown that my rear bearing was ceramic. Hopefully this means this engine will last.

I was meaning to revert back to the front upper flying wings but A) I'm lazy B)They're not breaking! C) It looks pretty good!

RCManufactory, are these new differentials for the current G4 or the G4 II?

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 11:31 PM   #247
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
LOL, dang Dan, for a G4 hater you sure do spend alot of time on this thread!

Murnan provides my Capricorn fix. I've been very happy with how all the Cap stuff performs... for the most part. I just wish they provided cool goat logo decals with the packaging and that 37 front wheel broke a little too easy. (That said, I broke my car yesterday: right upright and right front bulkhead and the wheels held up well.)
My CL12E has been great. Easy to tune as well as hold that tune. Power is very good, maybe even excellent. Time will tell how well it holds up. Alot of guys at me and DMan's home track run the Werks TL12 which is basically the same Sirio engine but they've been breaking. I swapped my conrod already after I felt the engine was done with the crappy part of break-in and I noticed during the teardown that my rear bearing was ceramic. Hopefully this means this engine will last.

I was meaning to revert back to the front upper flying wings but A) I'm lazy B)They're not breaking! C) It looks pretty good!

Have you got a link to this Murnan site? I'm going to check out what they got. As for the wheels you use i heard that they have a high carbon content which makes them a bit rigid which in turn makes them a bit brittle. That's just what i've heard though.

I wouldn't bother with the front flying arms they are so weak i broken heaps. Some due to my awesome driving skills but the rest were just little bumps and they still broke. I have never broken an arm of the older style. I only use the flying wing arms at the back so i can use the new roll bar set up.
Old 02-21-2009, 01:41 AM   #248
Tech Apprentice

here you go freestyles " http://murnanmodified.com/index.php "

chiefy you know i'm not haten i just got rubb the wrong way lol

and i've been there, i like to help out, with all my experience with G4"s
Old 02-21-2009, 02:19 AM   #249
Tech Regular

i believe that the new diffs are for the current g4's but why buy them?? They will sure perform better than the current ones but again why not wait to get them in your G4II?? I think this diffs are a taste of the new G4II...
Old 02-21-2009, 03:22 AM   #250
Tech Regular

If the diffs are priced okay then why not? As much as I'd love a new car, I just got this one and I really don't feel like chasing the setup all over again. I figure give these new cars a year and see what performs and what doesn't. I also wanna see if TM gets this distribution thing right.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #251
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

yep, im not buying another TM product until they get their distribution straightened out here in the states.
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:19 PM   #252
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcrevolution View Post
yep, im not buying another TM product until they get their distribution straightened out here in the states.
blah blah blah. how many more times are you going to make people read you whinging about TM their product and how its distributed. move on man and go for something else, seems very bitter taste in your mouth with TM, so you would be better off trying another manufacturer that gives you local support.
Serpent 811-TE REDs R5T
Pattojnr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 11:24 PM   #253
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post

Currently information shown is for G4 series.

G4-II may have these as standard equipment.
Old 02-22-2009, 06:56 AM   #254
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattojnr View Post
blah blah blah. how many more times are you going to make people read you whinging about TM their product and how its distributed. move on man and go for something else, seems very bitter taste in your mouth with TM, so you would be better off trying another manufacturer that gives you local support.

X2......................
Old 02-22-2009, 08:21 AM   #255
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to rcrevolution

what the hell man, almost everyone else has been complaining about TMs part support in the states as well, yet you target me?!
rcrevolution is offline   Reply With Quote