R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 01-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #151
Tech Regular

well yes there is actually some things missing. you will need the side stiffeners(one i thing is called a+c something..) and the monoblock i think.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:12 AM   #152
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

so with those few additional part I will have a complete evo +. Where is the best place on line to order, these parts?
87stanggt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:26 AM   #153
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87stanggt View Post
so with those few additional part I will have a complete evo +. Where is the best place on line to order, these parts?
try rcmanufactory.com
Old 01-14-2009, 03:37 AM   #154
Tech Regular

Read post #33 of this thread. Here's a link to it -->+Evo parts
If you're in the US go to Wolf's Hobbies. RCManufacory in Asia. Not so sure about Europe.

Personally, I decided on getting the +Evo over the RS since when everything is said and done, the +Evo ends up being quite a value. An RS with the WC kit already costs more than the +Evo.

Finally got some good runs on my car this past sunday at SWR. The car never got out of hand and if it did it was my fault. The car is there now after I put it on the setup board. The engine still needs some work but the car is a joy to drive and makes me feel very confident.

HB/LRP/KO Propo/Protek/Associated/Tekno
Chiefy 707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #155
Tech Regular

Man I'm kinda depressed with my car now. I was able to run my car tonite but my times were pretty damn slow. I was actually a second faster with my old Tamiya TG10 Mk2 Pro! And that car was using the kit Tamiya FR12R engine.
Still I need to play with the engine a little more as well as setup. Damn

Old 01-20-2009, 11:49 PM   #156
Tech Regular

So I guess it's just me again in this thread

Anyways, played with the car's setup a little bit more and am alot happier again. Wasn't able to turn on the AMB so I couldn't get any actual times. I think I have the engine right there; good smoke, good response, good sound, and good temps. Adjusted the clutch a little and that made a definite difference. Cars that I had a hard time with keeping up with before are now either easier to keep up with or outright pass.

Yeah I know, worthless post but the thread needed a bump. Cardinals in the Super Bowl?!

Old 01-21-2009, 05:58 AM   #157
Tech Regular

hehe it was the right thing to do...
if you want to go faster but the car and egngine are not then you have to experiment with the cluch, some harder cluch spring, the gap is up to you and your driving style. also change your rear diff oils they willmake a difference,if you are using like 5000(which i think you dont but anyway) use 10000 and if you are still not happy try out the 30000, but be aware that you will have to change the front diff oils so that you will balance between the front and rear a 45000 difference should do the trick. keep us updated
Old 01-21-2009, 06:29 AM   #158
Tech Regular

Pittsburg Steeler's.......
Old 01-21-2009, 11:40 AM   #159
Tech Regular

Freaking Marc! I do really like the Steelers but Arizona Cardinals in the Super Bowl?!? I just might actually enjoy this one this year. My favorite AFC team versus the lucky underdog. Screw it, I hope they both lose! Go Niners!!!

I'm running a spool up in front with 10,000 in the rear. I thought the spool would give me a hard time but so far I'm really liking it. I'm relatively new to racing 200mm nitro and all the cars I've driven since getting into it hardcore have had 1-ways. I do notice the differences in attacking corners but it feels to me that whatever I lose in pushing through a corner I make up in braking later in others. I have a gear diff that I haven't put in yet as well as a one-way, but I'm both lazy and liking the spool alot that I'm holding off in experimenting with that part of setup.

Old 01-21-2009, 05:15 PM   #160
Tech Regular

if you like the spool , you should try a diff w/100,000 in it .....
exactly the same but w/no push at the corners
Old 01-23-2009, 09:14 AM   #161
ALG
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefy 707 View Post
Freaking Marc! I do really like the Steelers but Arizona Cardinals in the Super Bowl?!? I just might actually enjoy this one this year. My favorite AFC team versus the lucky underdog. Screw it, I hope they both lose! Go Niners!!!

I'm running a spool up in front with 10,000 in the rear. I thought the spool would give me a hard time but so far I'm really liking it. I'm relatively new to racing 200mm nitro and all the cars I've driven since getting into it hardcore have had 1-ways. I do notice the differences in attacking corners but it feels to me that whatever I lose in pushing through a corner I make up in braking later in others. I have a gear diff that I haven't put in yet as well as a one-way, but I'm both lazy and liking the spool alot that I'm holding off in experimenting with that part of setup.

Try 100,000 in front and 30,000 rear, that setting works 80% of the times, remember, HAVE FUN!!!! lean your engine and check you clutch. clutch is the trick to have a good engine transform to a GREAT engine
ALG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 08:11 AM   #162
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

maybe im just an idiot but can someone explain the pros and cons of using the front swaybar?(i have no experience with the blade type)
im not sold on using one,just dont like the way you lift one side of the suspension and the other side raise up also,shouldnt one side stay planted to the ground especially during hi speed turns? shouldnt they be independent of eachother as both shocks would be where one wheel is raised the other wheel should remain on the ground?
i understand the benefit of using the rear swaybar but not the front.
helivaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 02:39 PM   #163
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Your not an idiot that is quite a good question and one that i have wondered many times myself. I would like to hear what "pattojnr" or "spracer" or "british menace" have to say about the topic but i think it works for the same reason, to transfer weight to the outside/inside wheels. But your right doesn't that mean they are not independant if they lift together
Old 01-25-2009, 01:32 AM   #164
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by helivaguy View Post
maybe im just an idiot but can someone explain the pros and cons of using the front swaybar?(i have no experience with the blade type)
im not sold on using one,just dont like the way you lift one side of the suspension and the other side raise up also,shouldnt one side stay planted to the ground especially during hi speed turns? shouldnt they be independent of eachother as both shocks would be where one wheel is raised the other wheel should remain on the ground?
i understand the benefit of using the rear swaybar but not the front.
Your not an idiot ! For these questions I've found the Xray NT1 Setup book to be a valuable resource, you can download it here

http://www.teamxray.com/teamxray/sho...p?file_id=3577

Check out page 19.

Cheers
Anthony.
anthony_ling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 10:56 AM   #165
Tech Regular

i think that the whole idea is that the car is lowered down and thus can will go faster...