R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 10-24-2008, 01:53 PM   #1
Tech Master

Default World RC Car Speed Championships 2009

Hi

I don't know where to put this thread so I'll post it here and the electric section as it applies to both

After running a successful world rc car speed championships with events in the UK and USA, ROSSA (Remote Operated Scale Speed Association) is now looking to expand the series in 2009 by including speed events from other countries.

I am looking for people who will take an active role in organising and hosting a speed championships to ROSSA rules and classes in any location. All you need is a nice flat area 1/2 mile long and some timing gear and a bit of effort.

If anybody is interested please visit www.fast-rc.co.uk

Thanks

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #2
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I have taken a liking and am getting more involved with these speed challenge events. I had one of my modified engines running in the USA world speed challenge event that was held in NC this year on Gary O'Connor's NTC3 that won the nitro scale class with my AB Modified .12 JLR followed by Team Schumacher running a .28 3 speed car that finished a very close 2nd place Hey who said there wasn't a replacement for displacement But in all seriousness these events seems very competitive and A ALOT of fun!! All the guys are friendly and willing to help and from the feedback I got from my driver was it was a good time with some great guys. I encourage more people to get involved in this. And hey...who doesn't wanna see just how fast they can go!?!?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:57 AM   #3
Tech Master

Hi

My .28 Picco FTT was an AB mods and I have 87 with that. I never managed to get the power down so think there is more to come

We have interest in Australia and South Africa for venue and hope others will come forward to organise events

Cheers

http://www.fast-rc.co.uk/forum/index.php

Sponsored by:
Norfolk and Chance
ziggy12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2008, 11:34 AM   #4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

More people getting involved is great!

And yes there A LOT more in that Picco .28 Its just getting it to the ground. But Im sure you can manage that Ziggy.