Wiki Posts
Search

sirio evo-4sti

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Rookie

Default sirio evo-4sti

Good Evening
Recently i bought a new Sirio EVO 4 sti engine. I br0ke-in normaly and finally tunned from a person that has more experience by me. The engine raised 105 degrees C and we put him to race. The engine run out of fuel in 3:40. I don't what is the problem and is not wasting from nowhere and the pipe is that proposed from Sirio. Do you anyone knw something..? Or he bellieved that is..?
Old 10-19-2008, 01:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just lean it since 115-120 celsious.you must be a bit rich.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
GEO
Tech Initiate

I don't think that with 15 degrees C will gain 1:50 minutes during the game and after all why to do this..? I was tanisg pitman in FRT with someone else and it was the first time that i see this despite my experience..Do someone know what could be...?
Old 10-20-2008, 01:37 PM
Tech Regular

If your low end needle is still close to the factory setting it is possible the engine could use up all the fuel in 3:40.

While the engine is running pinch the fuel line that goes to the carb and if the engine continues to run for more than 6 or 7 seconds it's to rich on the bottom. When you pinch the fuel line the engine should start cutting out in 3 to 4 seconds, if the motor continues to run at the same idle during that time the low end is too rich.

The Siro Evo 4 STI is a great motor and can still be surprisingly fast even when running rich. It just sounds like the motor is to rich at your current settings.

Also, don't rely on tempurature only. The motors being put out nowadays can run at higher temps and still perform really well. As long as there is a trail of smoke coming out of the exhaust from the low to high RPM range you're okay. I've had motors that run their best at 260-280F and they're still fine.

Hope this helps.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:31 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Make sure the seal between the carburetor and the engine block is not leaking. I have this same engine and couldn't get the engine to run correctly until I fixed a carburetor leak with orange RTV silicon.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chemical X
Make sure the seal between the carburetor and the engine block is not leaking. I have this same engine and couldn't get the engine to run correctly until I fixed a carburetor leak with orange RTV silicon.
Like you even know anything about Nitro motors!!!!! Electric BOY
Old 10-20-2008, 08:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chemical X
Hey Tom,
Are you going to let Steve B. talk $#!t against you?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze
Hey Tom,
Are you going to let Steve B. talk $#!t against you?
No way!!!

Originally Posted by sandfan85
Like you even know anything about Nitro motors!!!!! Electric BOY
What are talking about? I kicked your a$$ in gas sedan at the Region 11 regional race last month.

Oh wait... Damn it I forgot... You won and I got second.
Old 10-21-2008, 03:23 AM
Tech Elite

yeah i think u r still on the rich side

anyway i was told by more experience racer's here that the evo sti does not require heavy brekin in process like most engines. some only after 2-3 tanks and then they start to fine tuning.
i also was told some latest engine products that no longer requires breakin. unbelievable, believe it.

i also own an evo 4 sti. just being safe what i did for break in was 2 tanks on the box and 3 tanks on the track for break in. after that i tuned it to race conditions. during the process i gradually closed the main needle bit by bit. now it already went through 3 races and still going strong
Old 10-21-2008, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

τωρα τι λες?εχω δικιο?
something else,what exhaust do you use?

Last edited by GREGORY!; 10-21-2008 at 06:01 AM.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:17 AM
GEO
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
τωρα τι λες?εχω δικιο?
something else,what exhaust do you use?
Σε τι να έχεις δίκιο φίλε..? Εχουμε αλλα 3 ατομα το ίδιο μοτερ στην ομάδα και πρώτη φορά το συναντάμε αυτό..Kαι πυροβολάνε σε ρυθμους αγώνα με το πολύ 105 βαθμους..το χειμώνα..και σβήνουν πάνω κάτω στα 5 λεπτά.. Σίγουρα όλα τα μοτερ δεν ειναι ίδια αλλά με μία φόρα το δικό μου EVO 4 που βάρεσε 130βαθμούς χαλασε το μεσα ρουλεμαν(ετοιμο να σπάσει και απο τότε εβαλα κεραμικά)
Tanisg use: EFRA 2611 exhaust
Old 10-21-2008, 07:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by GEO
Σε τι να έχεις δίκιο φίλε..? Εχουμε αλλα 3 ατομα το ίδιο μοτερ στην ομάδα και πρώτη φορά το συναντάμε αυτό..Kαι πυροβολάνε σε ρυθμους αγώνα με το πολύ 105 βαθμους..το χειμώνα..και σβήνουν πάνω κάτω στα 5 λεπτά.. Σίγουρα όλα τα μοτερ δεν ειναι ίδια αλλά με μία φόρα το δικό μου EVO 4 που βάρεσε 130βαθμούς χαλασε το μεσα ρουλεμαν(ετοιμο να σπάσει και απο τότε εβαλα κεραμικά)
Tanisg use: EFRA 2611 exhaust
he has the same gearing with you?the same clutch settings?the same fuel and it makes 3.5 minutes?just try a more lean setting and see what you will get.how much liters the engine has?
and i dont think that now here we have winter.
Old 10-21-2008, 02:10 PM
GEO
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by GREGORY!
he has the same gearing with you?the same clutch settings?the same fuel and it makes 3.5 minutes?just try a more lean setting and see what you will get.how much liters the engine has?
and i dont think that now here we have winter.
Yes, he has the same car and the same gearing and the same clutch settings...Only the fuel is not the same...The engine is new and has only 1liter..
I don't say for now...but for the winter genelar..
Old 10-24-2008, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by GEO
Yes, he has the same car and the same gearing and the same clutch settings...Only the fuel is not the same...The engine is new and has only 1liter..
Bingo! that's the main problem. Only has 1 litre thru the sleeve. Like many others said, should be filthy rich and still needs time to start showing real muscle. As a general rule I don't race an engine if at least don't have 5 litres thru it (and of course, after a conrod change - Sirio conrods get a really heavy pounding on the first litres of piston life).
Old 10-24-2008, 11:37 AM
GEO
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Corse-R
Bingo! that's the main problem. Only has 1 litre thru the sleeve. Like many others said, should be filthy rich and still needs time to start showing real muscle. As a general rule I don't race an engine if at least don't have 5 litres thru it (and of course, after a conrod change - Sirio conrods get a really heavy pounding on the first litres of piston life).

Τhank you for your help...