Community
Wiki Posts
Search

.12 Sirio AAC 5 port

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2003, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Default .12 Sirio AAC 5 port

I chose this engine for my ntc3. I want to know more on the cons please tell me about it.
Old 09-22-2003, 05:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: .12 Sirio AAC 5 port

Originally posted by thefuzzclub
I chose this engine for my ntc3. I want to know more on the cons please tell me about it.
Very fast and good engine. has some issues, but overall realy not bad. Can be modded to very high level.
Old 09-22-2003, 06:23 PM
B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: .12 Sirio AAC 5 port

Originally posted by Top Gun 777
Very fast and good engine. has some issues, but overall realy not bad. Can be modded to very high level.
so are you saying that Sirio engines have better potential compared to...lets say...Novarossis.

like Honda engines compared to uhhh......Nissan
?
Old 09-22-2003, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: Re: Re: .12 Sirio AAC 5 port

Originally posted by B
so are you saying that Sirio engines have better potential compared to...lets say...Novarossis.

?
Old 09-22-2003, 07:06 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I got one of the 3 port sirios and it runs great. Only thing I did to it was to put a Novarossi based carburator in it. the stock carbs stinks of shi... well you know

Thans,

Steven Muller
MPP
Old 09-22-2003, 07:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally posted by nitrodude
I got one of the 3 port sirios and it runs great. Only thing I did to it was to put a Novarossi based carburator in it. the stock carbs stinks of shi... well you know

Thans,

Steven Muller
MPP
you must be having the old crank case which don't have an extra O-ring in it, the one I have with the O-ring in it working fine.
Old 09-23-2003, 12:53 AM
Tech Adept

my Sirio 5 port with stock carb runs amazing, holds a tune FOREVER and is fast as hell, break in was a little tough, its a tight one
Old 09-23-2003, 07:20 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: .12 Sirio AAC 5 port

Originally posted by B

?
Yep. From my point of view it is much more advanced. They have some issue with cranck shaft, but i am sure they will resolve it soon.
Old 09-23-2003, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: .12 Sirio AAC 5 port

Yep. From my point of view it is much more advanced. They have some issue with cranck shaft, but i am sure they will resolve it soon.
Top Gun,
Can you tell more about the crank shaft issue? My last engine was a Novarossi s5 and the crank shaft got broken for some reason I don't know since I don't abuse the engine and run it a little rich, I guess its just unfortunate. Its my 3rd engine though so I hope it will last in acceptable time frame.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:10 PM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: .12 Sirio AAC 5 port

Originally posted by thefuzzclub
Top Gun,
Can you tell more about the crank shaft issue? My last engine was a Novarossi s5 and the crank shaft got broken for some reason I don't know since I don't abuse the engine and run it a little rich, I guess its just unfortunate. Its my 3rd engine though so I hope it will last in acceptable time frame.
It seems for me the pin hardness is too low and it worning out too fast. I sent one cranck to my friends and hope will have result soon. Anyway, I would sugest to chrome plating on the pin-if you will be able to do it-that cranck will see at list 10 P/S sets before it will give up. From the rest, engine is realy good and very dependeble, specialy if you go to AAC version-this is the close future in RC engines. About broken shaft-it is very difficult to predict-everybdy climing-they have ultrasound quality control and so and so. I saw one cranck broken too-there was old crack (easy to recognize). Some times during the heat treating metall give micro crack and even under ultrasound control difficult to see. In this case it will work for while and eventualy will brake. It is just luck. Some times modifiers are overdoing cranck and can go bad too. Nobody can be insure from the bad luck. Sorry about your old cranck.
Old 09-24-2003, 12:36 AM
Tech Addict

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: .12 Sirio AAC 5 port

It seems for me the pin hardness is too low and it worning out too fast. I sent one cranck to my friends and hope will have result soon. Anyway, I would sugest to chrome plating on the pin-if you will be able to do it-that cranck will see at list 10 P/S sets before it will give up. From the rest, engine is realy good and very dependeble, specialy if you go to AAC version-this is the close future in RC engines. About broken shaft-it is very difficult to predict-everybdy climing-they have ultrasound quality control and so and so. I saw one cranck broken too-there was old crack (easy to recognize). Some times during the heat treating metall give micro crack and even under ultrasound control difficult to see. In this case it will work for while and eventualy will brake. It is just luck. Some times modifiers are overdoing cranck and can go bad too. Nobody can be insure from the bad luck. Sorry about your old cranck.
Top Gun,
Thanks for taking time to respond, the AAC I ordered will come next week. Will post the outcome on its performance.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:28 AM
Tech Addict

What about low end? I've tried all kinds of things to get faster down low with my Sirio .12. A friend of mine commented casually last race "Oh, Sirios don't have low-end, they've got all kinds of top end though".

Do you folks find the un-modded Sirio's to be quick as well as fast?