R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   please help...os tr turbo ..or novarossi ns12 5 port (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/24680-please-help-os-tr-turbo-novarossi-ns12-5-port.html)

raveupon 09-21-2003 09:35 PM

please help...os tr turbo ..or novarossi ns12 5 port

please help...im buying a r40 and im stuck on what motor ...dosent have to be legal....im down to the os tr turbo...or the novarossi ns12 5 port ...i like torque...but want good top end too.....plus i heard the novarossi's are hard to tune ...im no pro on tuning but i can do it....would i have a problem with the rossi???...also i want blistering fast speed...would there be a big noticable different in power between the two ....as my friend has a os cvrx .12 and it does pretty good....and im tired of hearing smack from him....so im gonna make him eat crowe ....any answers would be great....thanks guys.....you all rule!!!!

nad138 09-21-2003 10:29 PM

I'm no expert in on-road, but reading (knowledge is power ;) RC Nitro mag, both have good reviews. The Rossi is currently #1 in terms of power and the TR-Turbo comes in second (which also was noted in that issue). In terms of tuning (and lower price), I'd go for the OS, if you want the power, go for NS12S5. With regards to your friend talking smack, I'd suggest just take your time to practice with what you have. Even if you have the most powerful engine out there but you couldn't control it, it's more likely you'll just break something.

mckrooz 09-21-2003 11:31 PM

Get the NS12. The TR isn't even in the same ballpark. I have the NS12TS5 and it's crazy fast even at break in.

B 09-21-2003 11:36 PM

OS quality and reliability is unsurpassed

but power wise, i would definitely have to go with the NS12

B 09-21-2003 11:38 PM

compared to the NS12 or even the TR12

The cvrx is a JOKE

not being sarcastic either

me43 09-22-2003 01:22 AM

the NS12S3 is faster than the TR turbo

and my MR-12 beats the the regular TR

which is way better than the CVRX

the NS12S5 might be to much power for you, seriously

look at the S3 first:nod:

plus 3 port engines are easier to tune than 5 port engines:nod:

x_man 09-22-2003 01:35 AM

Re: please help...os tr turbo ..or novarossi ns12 5 port

Originally posted by raveupon
please help...im buying a r40 and im stuck on what motor ...dosent have to be legal....im down to the os tr turbo...or the novarossi ns12 5 port ...i like torque...but want good top end too.....plus i heard the novarossi's are hard to tune ...im no pro on tuning but i can do it....would i have a problem with the rossi???...also i want blistering fast speed...would there be a big noticable different in power between the two ....as my friend has a os cvrx .12 and it does pretty good....and im tired of hearing smack from him....so im gonna make him eat crowe ....any answers would be great....thanks guys.....you all rule!!!!
I believe you mentioned Rossi and Novarossi, these are 2 different engine altogether, but both Italian though!,

If you want easy tuning go for the OS 12 TRT, But if you are looking for Blistering speed and serious pickup, then go for the NS12.

You will never be wrong with either one of them if you are just thinking of smacking a CVRX.... :nod: :D ;)

BTW, the NS12 is a lot faster than the OS 12TRT!

My 2 cents worth....... :blush:

InitialD 09-22-2003 02:02 AM

Re: Re: please help...os tr turbo ..or novarossi ns12 5 port

Originally posted by x_man
BTW, the NS12 is a lot faster than the OS 12TRT!
How did you know that? Already tested out the OS engine?:sneaky:

Originally posted by x_man
My 2 cents worth....... :blush:
Pretty short disclaimer... Not that I'm complaing but where's the long one?:lol:

2mcgrath 09-22-2003 08:09 AM

save yourself some money for other upgrades i would go with the os because price wise its a better engine i think..

suntok2 09-22-2003 09:57 AM

Engine

Hey we have new world champion engine "SIRIO"

raveupon 09-22-2003 02:41 PM

thank you guys for the info....i forgot to mention that we dragrace them too....so from a dead stop to 150 to 200 feet which one would have the advantage .....thanx....cause i wanna make sure that i stop his talkin of smack:lol: :nod: :lol: :nod:

x_man 09-22-2003 10:16 PM

Originally posted by raveupon
thank you guys for the info....i forgot to mention that we dragrace them too....so from a dead stop to 150 to 200 feet which one would have the advantage .....thanx....cause i wanna make sure that i stop his talkin of smack:lol: :nod: :lol: :nod:
Either one of these engine (NS12 & 12TRT) will definitely shut him up!
However, after having said this, the amount of power harness from the above engines also depends on your hand/skill in tuning it......

x_man 09-22-2003 10:21 PM

Re: Re: Re: please help...os tr turbo ..or novarossi ns12 5 port

Originally posted by InitialD
How did you know that? Already tested out the OS engine?
Pretty short disclaimer... Not that I'm complaing but where's the long one?:lol:

I am only comparing the base engines.. not the modified ones... NS12 is definitely faster than a stock 12TRT!

Oh!,That disclaimer is way too long, Man! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taylor-Racing 09-23-2003 04:41 AM

Originally posted by 2mcgrath
save yourself some money for other upgrades i would go with the os because price wise its a better engine i think..
Bahhh . . . . what's this mean: "price wise its a better engine" :weird:
Surely, price wise the OS is a better . . errr . . price.

Anyway, you need the NS12 and if you can handle the power, you won't be needing those upgrades. ;)

rcdubs 09-23-2003 08:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
forget os12tr or ns12s5,this is the one to get,rb5port modified by rody,further modified by smeltz,200 feet straightaway,2.9 secs hehehehehe.;) :nod: :sneaky: :sneaky: :sneaky: