Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
New Serpent 950-R & Josh's Kyosho Fantom >

New Serpent 950-R & Josh's Kyosho Fantom

New Serpent 950-R & Josh's Kyosho Fantom

Old 09-15-2003, 06:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default New Serpent 950-R & Josh's Kyosho Fantom

People like to use G4's throttle/brake system!!
Old 09-15-2003, 08:13 PM
Tech Initiate

The "lay down" throttle servo on the 950R will slice a couple of milli-seconds off the laptimes . . .
Old 09-15-2003, 08:44 PM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

good looking snake...................
Old 09-15-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

how does that lay down throttle servo work ?
Old 09-15-2003, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Same way as Steering Server. Just got a linkage to connect to the Servo Saver on Radio Plate.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:54 PM
Tech Addict

just my speculation:

i dont like lowered CG for throttle/brake duties if the linkages proves to add too much slop. the throw distance for the throttle arm on the carb is very small and if you add slop to the links the throttle control may suffer. i rather take no slop and higher CG.

oh yeah, does anyone know why serpent decided to remove the aluminum front bulkhead brace for the 950R?
Old 09-16-2003, 12:15 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by icon
i dont like lowered CG for throttle/brake duties if the linkages proves to add too much slop. the throw distance for the throttle arm on the carb is very small and if you add slop to the links the throttle control may suffer. i rather take no slop and higher CG.
I tend to agree with you on that one. But we will know the reliability soon enough.

oh yeah, does anyone know why serpent decided to remove the aluminum front bulkhead brace for the 950R?
I believe the final package has not been finalised yet. Even the pics were based on the pre-production kit. The 950R is suppose to come with harder red springs but the pic shows the normal yellow ones.

Anyway, Serpent put up a FAQ for the 950R on mytsn. They said that if you have any suggestions on extra stuff to include in the 950R, then give them a shout.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:23 AM
Tech Master

And apparently the Serpent team are not using the R at the Worlds. Just the standard 950.

What gives??????
Old 09-16-2003, 04:26 AM
Tech Prophet

Only some of the pre-production parts from the 950R...

Well, I guess it's too short a time to produce so much parts with too little experience to do extensive testing on that track.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Talking big tyres?

by the look of the tyres in that SERPENT.... man! its BIG... i mean B.I.G..... and WIDE... i think it will really really helps it terms of stability (logically) and plus the lowered steering servo under the radio plate. look more cleaner on top of that carbon graphite radio plate and more exposure of it too! like that!

i always like the BULKY and HARD looking chasis of serpent.... reliable and tough!

how wide is this BEAST anyway?

mop
Old 09-16-2003, 08:00 AM
Tech Master

modellor wrote:And apparently the Serpent team are not using the R at the Worlds. Just the standard 950.
They are using the 950-R front A-Arms, which allows them to change track-width and wheelbase. I don't think thay are using the whole front assembly, which would allow them to adjust front roll-center as well, but they might!

InitialD wrote:Well, I guess it's too short a time to produce so much parts with too little experience to do extensive testing on that track.
I tend to agree with you, although you would think that top team drivers (like Michael and Ralph) should have had some of these parts for some time now, especially if the kit is supposed to be released next month.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:32 AM
Tech Adept

From the 950R faq. (Im sure some sets must be ready since they must have tested 950R before the release.)

Q: will Team Serpent use the Serpent 950-R at the WC is the USA
A: as the Serpent 950-R will not be ready until later in october, Team Serpent will use the Serpent 950 at this years IFMAR WC. The only items we may use at the WC are the new front suspension arms, so the Serpent 950 can be made narrower at the front. If this does work better, than all Serpent drivers present with Serpent 950 cars will get such new suspension parts to use too, so equal chances for all Serpent drivers !
Old 09-16-2003, 08:35 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by TurnNBurn
I tend to agree with you, although you would think that top team drivers (like Michael and Ralph) should have had some of these parts for some time now, especially if the kit is supposed to be released next month.
Yes, true but Ralph and Michael may have tested it at their own respective tracks in Florida or in Heemstede but what about the track in Ohio?

They and a lot of other Serpent drivers have probably locked in some hours on that Ohio track already at some time or the other before this. With their 950 of course... I doubt if there were any testing hours with their 950R...
Old 09-16-2003, 04:17 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by InitialD
I tend to agree with you on that one. But we will know the reliability soon enough.

I believe the final package has not been finalised yet. Even the pics were based on the pre-production kit. The 950R is suppose to come with harder red springs but the pic shows the normal yellow ones.

Anyway, Serpent put up a FAQ for the 950R on mytsn. They said that if you have any suggestions on extra stuff to include in the 950R, then give them a shout.
How do i contact serpent cuz i think i will give them a shout :-D. BTW, i think Kyosho's got the right idea with their laid down throttle/brake servo setup. they have the servo horn and linkages on the outside rather than inside. This would be easier to adjust IMO than serpent's. Plus it [kyosho's] seems to put the servo closer to the midline of the car.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:37 PM
Tech Adept

Cool

How do i contact serpent cuz i think i will give them a shout :-D. BTW, i think Kyosho's got the right idea with their laid down throttle/brake servo setup. they have the servo horn and linkages on the outside rather than inside. This would be easier to adjust IMO than serpent's. Plus it [kyosho's] seems to put the servo closer to the midline of the car.
The adjustment of that trotle servo is over the radio plate,, you don't need anything than the linkage that is over the radio plate, cuz that linkage simulate the old radio plate setup!!

ciao!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.