R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-19-2003, 09:25 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

where is that information on their website ?? Could you post the URL so we can check it out ??
Old 09-20-2003, 02:17 AM   #47
Tech Rookie

To find it on novarossi's web page just scroll down to the right side and click on "how an engine works". Then go to the bottom and you will see the warning in red.

Novarossi has a lot of money and they can go to court anytime they want even if they know they have no chance on winning. Problem is, if you are the modifier who is being sued by novarossi, you will spend thousands of dollars just to defend yourself in court. Lawyers are not cheap believe me I KNOW!
SO, novarossi wins either way and I doubt the modifier that was sued will modify a novarossi again. The only way you can get out of it is if you stop modifying their motors and settle out of court(not necassarily in that order).

Just my 2-cents
electrostatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 02:46 AM   #48
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Quote:
Originally posted by electrostatic
Novarossi has a lot of money and they can go to court anytime they want even if they know they have no chance on winning. Problem is, if you are the modifier who is being sued by novarossi, you will spend thousands of dollars just to defend yourself in court. Lawyers are not cheap believe me I KNOW!
SO, novarossi wins either way and I doubt the modifier that was sued will modify a novarossi again. The only way you can get out of it is if you stop modifying their motors and settle out of court(not necassarily in that order).

Just my 2-cents

My $.02.......

I doubt that engine modifiers out there(hundreds, maybe thousands??) are scrambling to hide their Dremels right now.

FREAKAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 02:48 AM   #49
Tech Master

BTW, this is OLD news.

Never heard of anybody getting sued by Novarossi yet.
Old 09-20-2003, 03:01 AM   #50
Tech Master

Elecrostatic,
Do you represent Novarossi in anyway or what?

Any other interests besides Novarossi engine modifying lawsuites?

I ask because your first and only posts are on this thread which incidently was started by you.

Old 09-20-2003, 09:07 AM   #51
Tech Rookie

Send a message via AIM to RLich8

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
*Transmitter Crystals Can Not be changed to another channel except
by a licensed service center. It is against FCC regulations, and
illegal for the user to change a frequency determining component
of a transmitter. If the radio is not retuned, it can be a hazard
spectators, modelers or property, and void AMA insurance coverage.
*Check with the local R/C club for the frequencies used in your area.

kh12-04-01

WOW......I'm breaking the law with my Futaba...I'm breaking the law with my Nova motors.....I say........Up yours Jobu.......

I'm gonna rip my matress tag right the hell off....
Bahahahahaa!
RLich8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 10:55 AM   #52
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Novarossi has a lot of money.
Just my 2-cents
Just one simple question for you-how do you now Novas has a lot of money? Everybody suffering from recetion and you make statment-Novarossi has a lot of money. Are you representing Novas? Tell to everybody who are you, be a man! At list we will know to whom we are talking to.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:07 AM   #53
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
Interesting some of the same people seem to have gotten an "enlightened" opinion on this topic in only a few months. When a certain small-time engine modifier came on this board talking about copyrighting his designs and filing lawsuits against others in the hobby who made similar ones the outrage wasn't there...In fact it was pointed out then the hypocrisy of these modifiers taking nova's manuf. product and then claiming to have rights to sue another hobbyist. I'm just curious why the sudden change in morality standards here? It was fine for them to threaten lawsuits but not novarossi who really do manuf. something?
You are refering to some moddifier(s) was claiming to another copy his modding desings, but nobody copying Novas designs, just modding their existing with no removing any Novas brand signs. So, I would sugest to say your post realy doesn't make sence in this particular situation.
Anything?
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:29 AM   #54
Tech Rookie

Just email novarossi directly or teamtrinity and you will get a prompt clerification of what they mean by this.
electrostatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 11:45 AM   #55
Tech Master

Quote:

Just my 2-cents
That depends on who you know Like I said, let them try.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:03 PM   #56
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by Top Gun 777
You are refering to some moddifier(s) was claiming to another copy his modding desings, but nobody copying Novas designs, just modding their existing with no removing any Novas brand signs. So, I would sugest to say your post realy doesn't make sence in this particular situation.
Anything?
If you have limited powers of comprehension maybe it doesn't make sense. If you are even moderately perceptive you would see the situations are very similar. It was agreed that no one could "copy" the designs of a modifier exactly - people could take general ideas and then extend upon them, which was done. And then sold. I for one don't think novarossi's approach is any more legit than the modifier who threatened to to sue was. RB posted on their website their strategy is to just keep producing fast engines and not get involved in who was trying to mimic them (paraphrase). It just seems ironic to me the same people bashing novarossi now were solidly behind small-time modifiers threatening to sue others for doing essentially the same thing...taking someone else's product, improving/changing it, then selling it under your own brand for profit.
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:17 PM   #57
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by patelladragger
If you have limited powers of comprehension maybe it doesn't make sense. If you are even moderately perceptive you would see the situations are very similar. It was agreed that no one could "copy" the designs of a modifier exactly - people could take general ideas and then extend upon them, which was done. And then sold. I for one don't think novarossi's approach is any more legit than the modifier who threatened to to sue was. RB posted on their website their strategy is to just keep producing fast engines and not get involved in who was trying to mimic them (paraphrase). It just seems ironic to me the same people bashing novarossi now were solidly behind small-time modifiers threatening to sue others for doing essentially the same thing...taking someone else's product, improving/changing it, then selling it under your own brand for profit.
My powers of comprehension are not limited well and I too think you case is not completely related or linked to this case. Regarding the other incident with a modifier suing - this was justifiable in that he was copyrighting work he had invented and people were copying it cut for cut. This would warrant prosecution for theft of someone elses work and would stand in court. But if someone else used that persons work and altered it then there would be no grounds for prosecution which is the case here with Novarossi.

Novarossi are saying you are not allowed to modify their engines at all. They cant stop people doing this as they are not copying thier work and producing a brand new engine. They are taking the engine and making it better. To add further, I have yet to see any modifier sell a Novarossi brand engine that has been altered under their own name apart from JP who as was mentioned has an agreement with Novarossi to do so.

Sorry Patella,

But your view here is really not warranted at all.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:42 PM   #58
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by FREAKAH
My $.02.......

I doubt that engine modifiers out there(hundreds, maybe thousands??) are scrambling to hide their Dremels right now.

Ugh! I can hide mine Dremel, but not the lathe nor the 5 axis CNC cutter (wait, those two are in the shop of a friend)...

Back to work. Plan to violate a pair of NS12 and one NSR... Their owners will start to miss in few time.
[quote=MugenDrew;2684554]BATTERIES are for FLASH LIGHTS, gasoline is for cleanin parts, alcohol is for me to drink and well NITRO...everybody know thats for racing.[/quote] :D:D:D
Corse-R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 12:52 PM   #59
Tech Master

since you guys are babbling on about this you might as well know where it came from so you all can give it a rest.
Nova was teed that during one of the recent 1/8th worlds events (2000 or 2001) that the engine listed as the winner was a JP and Novarossi was not given credit. This is way old news and it appeared to be sabre rattling by novarossi. I believe JP and Novarossi have settled their differences whatever they were.

you guys give me a headache. LOL
Old 09-20-2003, 08:32 PM   #60
Tech Fanatic

This is definitely old news.I remember seeing that on there site at least a year ago and it probably was there ages before that.

I think if a company was to come out and modify there engines on a large scale like JP do (and win many titles) and didn't have some type of understanding with novarossi,then they might try some type of legal action.Would it stand up legally,i don't know and don't care.But to think that nova would try that with your average joe that is doing it locally or on a low level is just plain funny.
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote