Old 09-18-2003, 07:04 PM   #31
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry
*Transmitter Crystals Can Not be changed to another channel except
by a licensed service center. It is against FCC regulations, and
illegal for the user to change a frequency determining component
of a transmitter. If the radio is not retuned, it can be a hazard
spectators, modelers or property, and void AMA insurance coverage.
*Check with the local R/C club for the frequencies used in your area.
Wow. So when we are at a big meeting and someone is required to change frequency for his/her final the whole event has to be put on hold and resumed a month later once the guys radio is returned to him. And I have been flying my RC plane in a haxardous way for I dont know how many years . This really reeks of the old 'One of the better ways to rip off the consumer and make a lot of money' routines.

As for voiding insurance. Dang. Thats me grounded. Dont have any insurance to fly now.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2003, 08:45 PM   #32
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I dont think this is anything new, in fact i think this issue has been discussed here (or on another forum) quite a few months back.

DC
OZDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 03:21 PM   #33
Tech Fanatic

Default They are full of $hi*

Unless you signed a agreement with Novarossi at the time of purchase There isn't a fricken thing Novarossi can do about mods! Maybe they need to be a little more specific on there stupid threats I.E If I was to purchase a Novorossi take it home grind there name off and etch my name on it. There wouldn't be a damn thing they can do about it. Why? Bacause it's my property.So hey Novarossi I have six of your engines and I modified the $*it outa them I forgot what a stock novarossi sounds like!!! So I guess I'll wait to hear from your lawyers P.S. I love Novarossis engines but to me there a good baseline moter that needs to be wakend up!
HELLION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 04:11 PM   #34
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Re: They are full of $hi*

Quote:
Originally posted by HELLION
Unless you signed a agreement with Novarossi at the time of purchase There isn't a fricken thing Novarossi can do about mods! Maybe they need to be a little more specific on there stupid threats I.E If I was to purchase a Novorossi take it home grind there name off and etch my name on it. There wouldn't be a damn thing they can do about it. Why? Bacause it's my property.So hey Novarossi I have six of your engines and I modified the $*it outa them I forgot what a stock novarossi sounds like!!! So I guess I'll wait to hear from your lawyers P.S. I love Novarossis engines but to me there a good baseline moter that needs to be wakend up!
Agree with you. nce I paid for goods, it is mine and I can do whatever I want to with that, if i need drill the hole to fit in my car, i will do it. If i will need replace P/S set, just because original is a jock, I will do it. It will be still has Nova name on it, they still recived my money. In the case I can't mode the engine, meaning, they can't mode my money, ones they recieve them, they have to keep them on the way they recieve them, no modding for my money too-just keep them bdon't exchange on other bills or use to buy the other goods.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:31 PM   #35
Tech Addict

What I interpret it as, or what I think they're getting at is not your average racer who takes to their Novarossi with a Dremel... but someone who buys their engines with the intention to modify them and then sell them under another name or whatever for profit.

That's what they don't like .
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:43 PM   #36
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
What I interpret it as, or what I think they're getting at is not your average racer who takes to their Novarossi with a Dremel... but someone who buys their engines with the intention to modify them and then sell them under another name or whatever for profit.

So why is JP not in court already. All they are trying to do is either scare enough people out of modifying for profit so that only a select few can do so or to stop modified motors because it means they have to give more away at the same price to keep their stock motors competitive enough so that the ordinary Joe Bloggs off the street will continue to buy them. But in court they dont have a leg to stand on.
modellor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 05:47 PM   #37
Tech Elite

Quote:

I realy don't know what they mean, but if one is allow to do modding, everybody allowed to, other wise it is descrimination. They might try to stop reseling their product with modding, but it is not specified in their statment. It just says-no modding whatsoever, not any kind. Meaning, you even can't use optional cooling head from O'Donnel, glow plug other then Navas, actualy can be prove in this case, not even different numbers then that came with engine-in some cases it might be concidering as moddifications of parameters. So it just doesn't make sance at all.
I think it was brought up by somebody who is pushin some new product on market or big moddifiers who work doesn' t bring any more profit, somebody in the corner of power sicking and has no chance to improve him self, so he try to stop the others too. It is political means on market.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.
Old 09-19-2003, 05:57 PM   #38
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
But in court they dont have a leg to stand on.
I agree with that . How could they enforce all this anyway ?!
Old 09-19-2003, 06:17 PM   #39
Tech Elite

Quote:
I agree with that . How could they enforce all this anyway ?!
Just to put this kind of rummors in forums around.
Old 09-19-2003, 07:31 PM   #40
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

JP has a contract with Novarossi, and I think they feel threatened by us modifiers who offer a better product for a cheaper price. I am willing to bet that JP or Fantini from Novamax gave Novarossi this stupid idea. That's O.K. I think the Sirio is a better engine anyway.
Grinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 07:45 PM   #41
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Grinder
JP has a contract with Novarossi, and I think they feel threatened by us modifiers who offer a better product for a cheaper price. I am willing to bet that JP or Fantini from Novamax gave Novarossi this stupid idea. That's O.K. I think the Sirio is a better engine anyway.
That's what I was gunna say... JP would have to have some sort of 'link' if you will to Novarossi .
Old 09-19-2003, 08:16 PM   #42
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

i don't care, i will modify or get modded motors. Like before its my motor (my money) i (we) can do what we want with them
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 08:23 PM   #43
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by Grinder
I agree with you. We step on some toes and they feel soon they will loose market (anyway they will ) We will give an Idea to Sirio what they need to improove and we will see what is going to happened! Hey, any rep from Sirio, please contact to me for advice!
Old 09-19-2003, 08:25 PM   #44
Tech Fanatic

Send a message via ICQ to mtx3racer Send a message via AIM to mtx3racer

TOP GUN 777- THERE YOU GO!!!......
mtx3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2003, 09:06 PM   #45
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to patelladragger

Quote:
Originally posted by modellor
So why is JP not in court already. All they are trying to do is either scare enough people out of modifying for profit so that only a select few can do so or to stop modified motors because it means they have to give more away at the same price to keep their stock motors competitive enough so that the ordinary Joe Bloggs off the street will continue to buy them. But in court they dont have a leg to stand on.
Interesting some of the same people seem to have gotten an "enlightened" opinion on this topic in only a few months. When a certain small-time engine modifier came on this board talking about copyrighting his designs and filing lawsuits against others in the hobby who made similar ones the outrage wasn't there...In fact it was pointed out then the hypocrisy of these modifiers taking nova's manuf. product and then claiming to have rights to sue another hobbyist. I'm just curious why the sudden change in morality standards here? It was fine for them to threaten lawsuits but not novarossi who really do manuf. something?
patelladragger is offline   Reply With Quote