R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Nitro On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road-3/)
-   -   2009 ROAR Nationals Host Announcments (https://www.rctech.net/forum/nitro-road/244241-2009-roar-nationals-host-announcments.html)

schurcr 09-25-2008 10:18 AM

2009 ROAR Nationals Host Announcments

I'd like to personally thank all the outstanding bids sent to ROAR for 2009 Nationals host consideration. The hosts have been selected and I'd like to congratulate them all on their successful bid. See you guys at a Nationals track in 2009.

Oh wait I almost forgot ..... you guys want to know who the hosts area. Click here to find out!!!!:lol::ha::ha:

wingracer 09-25-2008 12:43 PM

I'll be at Toledo.

tomkelley 09-25-2008 08:21 PM

I'll post for those too lazy to click:
9/25/08 - 2009 ROAR Nationals Host Selection

The Executive Committee would like to start by thanking all the affiliate tracks that submitted a bid for a 2009 ROAR National Championship event.

With the many excellent bids received this year from some of the best facilities in the country it has been a challenging series of deliberations and decisions for the Executive Committee.

We would also like to thank the the ROAR Nationals Class Committees for their dedication and efforts in these deliberations.

The Executive Committee would like to congratulate the following facilities as host of a 2009 ROAR National Championship:

Electric On Road Carpet Nationals have been awarded to The Gate of Maple Heights, Ohio to be hosted March 19th - 22nd, 2009

Electric Off Road Nationals have been awarded to Hobby Town USA Hobby Plex of Omaha, Nebraska to be hosted June 18th - 21st, 2009

Fuel Off Road Nationals have been awarded to Leisure Hours Raceway of Joilet, Illinois to be hosted July 16th - 19th, 2009

Fuel On Road 1/8th Nationals have been awarded to One-Eight Racers of Toledo, Ohio to be hosted Sept 10th - 13th, 2009

Electric On Road Paved Nationals have been awarded to The Coliseum at Hobby Town USA, Fredrick, Maryland to be hosted October 1st - 4th

Fuel On Road 1/10th Nationals have been awarded to MRO (Midwest Racers Organization) of Lincoln, Nebraska to be hosted May 7th - 10th, 2009.

Coming to a track near you in 2009. First race up in 175 days and counting!!!!

Special note: Off road event dates are tentative and subject to change pending the announcement of the IFMAR Off Road Electric World Championships event dates for next summer.

rcfoolz 12-07-2008 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by tomkelley (Post 4878150)

Fuel On Road 1/10th Nationals have been awarded to MRO (Midwest Racers Organization) of Lincoln, Nebraska to be hosted May 7th - 10th, 2009.

Smart....they must be trying for a lower attendance than last year.
Wife said "YOU MUST BE OUT OF YOUR MIND:
YOU THINK YOUR GOING RACING,
ON MOTHERS DAY WEEKEND?"

I would have to say that I'll be sitting this one out:lol::lol:

KyoshokiddT.D 12-08-2008 11:31 AM

Originally Posted by tomkelley (Post 4878150)

The Executive Committee would like to start by thanking all the affiliate tracks that submitted a bid for a 2009 ROAR National Championship event.

With the many excellent bids received this year from some of the best facilities in the country it has been a challenging series of deliberations and decisions for the Executive Committee.

We would also like to thank the the ROAR Nationals Class Committees for their dedication and efforts in these deliberations.

The Executive Committee would like to congratulate the following facilities as host of a 2009 ROAR National Championship:

Electric On Road Carpet Nationals have been awarded to The Gate of Maple Heights, Ohio to be hosted March 19th - 22nd, 2009

Electric Off Road Nationals have been awarded to Hobby Town USA Hobby Plex of Omaha, Nebraska to be hosted June 18th - 21st, 2009

Fuel Off Road Nationals have been awarded to Leisure Hours Raceway of Joilet, Illinois to be hosted July 16th - 19th, 2009

Fuel On Road 1/8th Nationals have been awarded to One-Eight Racers of Toledo, Ohio to be hosted Sept 10th - 13th, 2009

Electric On Road Paved Nationals have been awarded to The Coliseum at Hobby Town USA, Fredrick, Maryland to be hosted October 1st - 4th

Coming to a track near you in 2009. First race up in 175 days and counting!!!!

Special note: Off road event dates are tentative and subject to change pending the announcement of the IFMAR Off Road Electric World Championships event dates for next summer.

you all should concider moving the 10th scale nats. its not good to leave for a week on mothers day

Gael L 12-08-2008 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by KyoshokiddT.D (Post 5141723)
you all should concider moving the 10th scale nats. its not good to leave for a week on mothers day

+1. I could definately see turnout being way down as a result of this!

schurcr 12-08-2008 06:15 PM

We're looking into alternate dates for a reschedule and we should have some news for you guys in the next day or two.

FroBoy 12-08-2008 06:19 PM

Please don't move it to the following week. Omaha scheduled a TCS race that weekend to work around the nats!

Team Kamikaze 12-08-2008 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by schurcr (Post 5143462)
We're looking into alternate dates for a reschedule and we should have some news for you guys in the next day or two.

This time please make it final, so we can start planning.

Osiris 75 12-09-2008 07:00 AM

Originally Posted by Team Kamikaze (Post 5143581)
This time please make it final, so we can start planning.

I was approved for vacation for that week already, so it will also impact the people who planned initially when the date was set.

schurcr 12-09-2008 07:17 AM

Osiris, sorry, but you have to be the exception planning so soon ahead. Not a flame, just an observation. We tried real hard to make sure all ROAR Nationals dates were clear of any conflicts. Conflicts with other races and holiday's, unfortunately I just learned that the calendar I was using does not have holidays on it so I missed Mother's Day. We apologize if this causes any inconvenience, but we should have an answer on the reschedule today, and this will be the final date.

rcfoolz 12-09-2008 06:05 PM

While your at it, did you look at the Nationals that is scheduled on Fathers Day?

schurcr 12-09-2008 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by rcfoolz (Post 5148052)
While your at it, did you look at the Nationals that is scheduled on Fathers Day?

James ..... dude ....... give it a break man, it's off road electric, you don't even race it. And are you telling me that if you wanted to go racing on fathers day your wife wouldn't let you:blush:

schurcr 12-09-2008 06:16 PM

doh!!!

Dreddlox 12-09-2008 06:38 PM

Thats a tough one! The Capital Classic is the biggest draw in June and has been scheduled for the first weekend in June. :(