Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Kawahara Contact

Anyone know how to contact Kawahara?

via Email..etc..?

Thanks
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 10:39 PM   #2
Tech Master

Send a message via AIM to HEYALIGNMENTGUY Send a message via Yahoo to HEYALIGNMENTGUY

www.RCIMPORTS.Com
HEYALIGNMENTGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 03:01 AM   #3
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

I wouldn't expect the US importer (RC Imports) to help you with problems you have with parts you bought from another continent. If you bought them from one of their US dealers that would be a different story. You should contact the place you bought the parts from.

My personal experience is all of the Kawahara parts are excellent. I have used, and currently use them extensively on my MTX-2 and MRX-3 for years. All of the machining quality and parts fit is excellent. As for pulleys wearing out, the only one I have ever worn out is the 16t inboard on the MTX-2 and that one is succeptable no matter what because rocks get caught in there and have nowhere to go.

What are the parts and part numbers you are having trouble with, and what is the specific problem? DO you have any pictures you can post?
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 11:46 AM   #4
B
Tech Master

The parts are the Alloy Brace, Radio Tray Support, and the Wheel Hex Adapters for the MTX-3

yes, I do have pictures, But they are in their original packaging and it is a bit harder to see the problems through the plastic bag by pictures. I would have to take they out, which may cause problems with Kawahara Japan later on.

Yes, i agree that the quality of Kawahara was excellent before (the mtx-2 era), but I am not so sure about them now.

I will contact kawahara japan and see what happens, thanks for your suggestion
Old 09-14-2003, 07:50 PM   #5
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to fraz

By alloy brace I take it you mean the chassis stiffening one. I have seen that and the othe parts you mention for the MTX-3 in quantity and have not seen anything but the same great quality that I know from Kawahara. If I was running an MTX-3 I would have them in a heartbeat, but I have decided to focu$ on my MRX-3 this year.

It's good that you kept them in the packaging just in case. I have a funny feeling about this one as I have seen some brand knock-offs/rip-offs with aftermarket parts and r/c cars, but none with Kawahara to date. Hope you have good luck in getting this resolved. Keep us posted on your success.
fraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 08:00 PM   #6
B
Tech Master

I am curious, will the dealer that i bought it from trying to gypp me? After all, I could not see the item and this is the first time that I have bought from them.
Could they have selected ones which are bad and mailed them to me?

Do people even do that?

I cannot seem to find an email to contact Kawahara Japan, it does not seem to be in their website
Old 09-16-2003, 01:02 AM   #7
Tech Addict

Send a message via AIM to icon

i have not contacted kawahara for a long time, but they do have an email on the japan website. they take a while to answer your question in english, but besides that they help as best they could.

as far as dealers cheating you, i'm not sure. it would be easy for someone to switch packaging material on similar looking alloy parts. but a shop wouldnt do that unless some employee wanted the kawahara stuff for themselves .

RCImports doesnt do anything to help.
icon is offline   Reply With Quote