'03 IFMAR 8th Scale On-Road Worlds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

'03 IFMAR 8th Scale On-Road Worlds

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Nice work Kyosho. Hope this proves to a few people that Kyosho know a thing or two about gas racing Even though their cars are not "popular"

Interesting to see Kenji did not even make the cut after a very impressive drive in 2001.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Dunno about Osaka but Salven's car at the end of the straight on 1st lap pushed really bad and went way wide, almost whole field went by, he brought it into the pits that lap to be checked out. Josh's car looked good but he ran out of fuel or something early in race. Ralph's was leading from maybe 5 minutes in to 25 minute mark and his tires went away bad, Colarri took lead then and led every lap there after. Someone told me Ralph's shock came off or his spring cup or something also. Surikan's first run on the track that I know of was the 3rd round of quals, for missing 2 rounds and a week of open practice I'd say he might be pretty happy with his finish.
Old 09-20-2003, 07:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

At least salven didn't have radio problems this time I guess theres only the car to blame
Old 09-20-2003, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Don't speak to early,the spin doctors might throw it in again!
Old 09-20-2003, 07:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I know mytsn wants to promote their product but I know for a fact that if ralph would of won,it would of been plastered everywhere on the site.I guess you can't blame them but its just that I look at mytsn as an informative site about rc racing and I want to know FULL results of races not just benaficial headlines about ralph leading the first 30 minutes.It could be worse,I think mugen hasn't updated their site in months
Old 09-20-2003, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

I don't blame mytsn or serpent for what they do to there site.In the end it is still miles ahead of any other manufactures site.Obviously they are going to be slanted to there drivers/cars and there is nothing wrong with that but some of there race reports in the past have been filled with inconsistency to say the least.

If you were to take away mytsn from serpent i say there sales would drop enormously.As has been said before there parts are expensive and so are the kits but because you have such excellent info like setups and inside tips and tricks from there team drivers they attract the newbs and itermediate drivers(which most of us are).

With that said and with me giving them there credit,i must say they stuffed up again at the worlds!!!
Old 09-20-2003, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

what happened to josh ?
Old 09-20-2003, 08:32 PM
Tech Regular

My hero....Surikarn did great.....first year for his 8 scale racing.....
He missed 2 qualified......never practice......he got 1st in quarter final (A)..........and 1st again in semi final (A).....In final he ran in 3rd place after Collari and Burch for 20 mins or so....came out after the pit stop in minute 30th.....and was in the lead.........then............got hit.....SAD.....

Last edited by AlanLim; 09-20-2003 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:36 PM
Tech Regular

And can you believe that Surikarn has no sponsorship for the MOTOR!!!!!!!! he paid for the engines, plane tickets and also entry fee......!!!!!!!

Last edited by AlanLim; 09-20-2003 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Opinion

I love the Jack As#$@* that post on here, know nothing about nothing. Serpent has the best site because they give a Shi&%$,
Go by a Kyosho or any other car and try to find some important info that you need. You wont find it.
Second of all in case you have all missed it, almost all major car manufacturers at this years Sedan Nats had a car in the main, This year at the 1/8th scale Worlds, anybody that is somebody had there car represented in it.
Additionally, Lamberto Collari has now had what appears to be an unbreakable 6 time world champion belt that no one is going to be able to beat for the next 20 years.
Its not the car anymore, its Luck, The engine ! and Driver !!!!Period !!!
Old 09-20-2003, 09:18 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by redsand
what happened to josh ?
Burch got past Josh because it seemed that Josh had a handling problem when his car came onto the shaded area of the track. It looked very smooth everywhere else but in the shade it wanted to swap ends. Once Burch got by Josh managed to tag along until his first of two flameouts. After the tire changes at around the 30 min mark Josh`s car looked to be back to handling much better but the damage was done.
Old 09-20-2003, 11:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)
Red face Snake Haters....

EVOLUTION has some kind of animosity against Serpent?
I don't blame mytsn or serpent for what they do to there site.In the end it is still miles ahead of any other manufactures site.Obviously they are going to be slanted to there drivers/cars and there is nothing wrong with that but some of there race reports in the past have been filled with inconsistency to say the least.
LOL...thats call an advertisement tool bro!!

If you were to take away mytsn from serpent i say there sales would drop enormously.As has been said before there parts are expensive and so are the kits but because you have such excellent info like setups and inside tips and tricks from there team drivers they attract the newbs and itermediate drivers(which most of us are).
You hit it on the head genius...........except about the newbies attraction. Until now they just started to make RTR kits (so it seems with the "Street Racer"coming out) and most of the kits available still need of some kind of experience on building a high-end Radio Control kit .

Still proud to be a SNAKE owner!
Old 09-21-2003, 12:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey "genius" go stick your head in a snake pit!

First off i'm not your bro and second i gave props to serpent on there site.If you want to turn it into anything more let me know?

Oh and don't worry,i'm a proud owner of an impulse pro also,i use it to show my mates how heavy "Tanks" should be designed.
Old 09-21-2003, 03:43 AM
Tech Elite

I think to judge the performace on the basis of one race is never accurate. Obviously, the results of the WC have been dissapointing for Serpent and it was very surprising that Salven didn't even get into the final, but the same could be said for Osaka - this is a guy who has proven he can win the WC, but this time it didn't go his way.

At the European championships it went Serpent's way: 5 Serpents, 3 Kyoshos, 1 Mugens und 1 Picco in the Final + TQ and outright victory. This doesn't mean that Mugens are no good - it simply didn't come together in this race.

Watching the cars at the European level (Kyosho, Mugen and Serpent), what I see is three manufacturers who are very even in terms of performance and you see the difference only in the drivers - I like to watch all the top drivers from the three above mentioned teams - they really push their cars to the limit.

It is almost impossible to say ultimately which car is the best out of the group - they all seem to do well in some races and then in others, not so good.

Would i like one of the cars from Mugen, Kyosho or Serpent - too right!!!! They're all damn good from what I can see.

Cheers, Mark.
Old 09-21-2003, 05:18 AM
Tech Elite

Default Re: Opinion

Originally posted by JABRONI
I love the Jack As#$@* that post on here, know nothing about nothing.
Your welcome to join in, then.

Serpent has the best site because they give a Shi&%$,
Serpent gives a give a Shi&%$ about Serpent - that's not a problem - same as all manufacturers.

Go by a Kyosho or any other car and try to find some important info that you need. You wont find it.
I seems to me that the drivers at these top levels are providing the information, not looking for it.

Its not the car anymore, its Luck, The engine ! and Driver !!!!Period !!!
If this is the case, then we don't need the above "important info" your so concerned about, yeah?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.