of course they changed a few parts (conrods etc) everyother run
slowhand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 11:05 AM   #227
Tech Elite

Send a message via ICQ to MrChan

Quote:
Originally posted by slowhand
of course they changed a few parts (conrods etc) everyother run
Ok .!! I tot he ran all the way until final !!
MrChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 11:10 AM   #228
Tech Adept

Quote:
Kyosho and Trinity is 'married' to each other.. so their combination present no danger to J.Cyrul. Whereas in Surikarn's case, I am afraid it's more complicated ...
Mind you, I think Surikarn is employed by Tamiya Inc...he's not just a sponsored driver, so ... not much options left.
In japan, many tamiya's factory drivers were running serpent cars in GP...but in japan, the serpent team was under the name of "central rc", not serpent.. the "central rc" team consist of many potential young drivers ( under the "wings" of the great japanese serpent driver, Tom Asahara). But i don't know if tamiya and serpent were married to each other in japan..they didn't signed any agreement i believed
juki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2003, 04:06 PM   #229
Tech Regular

slowhand...... wow!!....you know so much about this race and Sirikarn... R u Thai? Were you at the race? I heard that 4 or 5 Thai guys at the race.......r u one of them?
AlanLim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 02:59 AM   #230
Tech Fanatic

Quote:
EVOLUTION: as promised, this is to confirm that Surikarn "did not" run any OS engines at all. In fact, he ran only one (1) single engine, during the whole entire event since his very first run i.e. round #3,#4,#5,#6, 1/4F, 1/2F, GF. The engine was a Nova REX M.Rossi , customized n tuned by Kawahara, of course.

Apparantly, those who posted about Karn running O.S. could have got mixed up between Karn and Hideo Kitazawa, the Futaba Engineer, also racing MRX-3 and used O.S. engines (Futaba & OS are married ) who sat at the same table as Karn. The two of them (as you probably have heard from other reports) came together from Japan, as soon as finishing their JMRCA race. The two of them 'might' look alike to those who were not used to Asian faces.
Slowhand,

I appreciate the info,very interesting.

Check your PM dude !!!
EVOLUTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 12:31 PM   #231
Tech Adept

Quote:
EVOLUTION: as promised, this is to confirm that Surikarn "did not" run any OS engines at all. In fact, he ran only one (1) single engine, during the whole entire event since his very first run i.e. round #3,#4,#5,#6, 1/4F, 1/2F, GF. The engine was a Nova REX M.Rossi , customized n tuned by Kawahara, of course.

Apparantly, those who posted about Karn running O.S. could have got mixed up between Karn and Hideo Kitazawa, the Futaba Engineer, also racing MRX-3 and used O.S. engines (Futaba & OS are married ) who sat at the same table as Karn. The two of them (as you probably have heard from other reports) came together from Japan, as soon as finishing their JMRCA race. The two of them 'might' look alike to those who were not used to Asian faces.
Maybe they've got confused by the color of the heatsink!! Rex engine and OS engine are both using BLUE colored heatsink.. So that's why people are commonly confused by this..
juki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 04:08 PM   #232
Tech Addict

Race report on Finals is now posted in the "worlds" conference at SGRID.

Pictures are now accessible too.
mikemyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 05:27 PM   #233
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by PMT
Just some quick comments about the engines used at the worlds. The Sirio engines that powered Josh's car for the TQ as well as Collari and most of the other Sirio powered drivers in the finals were the Collari Modified Sirio's. These are available on a limited basis and can be bought in the stores. As a matter of fact Darrin Ishitani used this engine to TQ the McCoy and beat the lap record by 1/2 a second. Look at the pictures of the cars but if you see gold heads on the Sirio engines then you know that they are Collari Modified.
I don't know color of the head, but can tell you for sure, the engine on the pic in 1/8 worlds thread, far away from what you can buy in LHS. That engine has sleeve integrated with cooling fins on the top of sleeve.
DISCLAIMER: Since 90% of my posts may be BS, and since my posts may be either insanely idiotic, incoherent, and/or not even close to a rational thought, please accord my posts no more than 10% of credibility.

Last edited by Top Gun 777; 09-25-2003 at 05:36 PM.
EdwardN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2003, 08:29 PM   #234
Tech Addict

I was in too much of a hurry before, and didn't get to post the links I wanted to leave. Here's how to find the information.

a) To get to the Image Server, go to:
http://www.forgas.org:1089/

b) To get directly to the pictures of the Final, go to:
http://www.forgas.org:1089/0/index/19422017726998661

c) To get to the Worlds Conference, go to:
http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/bac...=0&conf=worlds

d) To get directly to the write-up on the Final, go to:
http://www.rc-racing.com/cgi-bin/bac...howforgotten=2

Of course, you can also get there just by going to the website, http://www.rc-racing.com and clicking on the appropriate links.

There will be a long article all about Surikarn as soon as I finish gathering up all the information about him. There will also probably be a photo gallery just of photos of him, as soon as I get a chance to get them together, probably this weekend. There is absolutely no doubt that he was the most amazing racer at the event! He missed the first week of practice. He missed the first two qualifiers. He used the second two qualifiers as his practice time, and continued to advance from then on right up to the Final, which he led briefly before his car was involved in an incident with another car. That's never been done before, and I doubt if it will ever be repeated.

There also will be a full article about him in the next issue of the Starting Grid Magazine. If you don't get it, you can sign up at http://www.rc-racing.com/info.html
Old 09-25-2003, 08:56 PM   #235
Tech Prophet

Quote:
Originally posted by juki
Maybe they've got confused by the color of the heatsink!! Rex engine and OS engine are both using BLUE colored heatsink.. So that's why people are commonly confused by this..
True. For the moment, I thought it was an OS engine too when I saw the pic of the blue heatsink...
InitialD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 12:29 AM   #236
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

mikemyers

I cannot find the link in the imageserver section where I saw previously many detailed photos from Josh Cyrul's car Fantom and 1/10th scale gas car and also his Delta lexan body.
I cannot remember which event it was but Cyrul's Fantom was with a blue Cyrio engine and the laydown configuration on his throtle-brake servo.

Please help I would like to see again those pics.

Thanks!
John Doucakis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2003, 01:31 AM   #237
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to slowhand

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
True. For the moment, I thought it was an OS engine too when I saw the pic of the blue heatsink...
Shimo used also a Blue Heat Sink in d final, but it was a Sirio of course
Old 09-26-2003, 05:35 AM   #238
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to slowhand

Quote:
Originally posted by InitialD
Shimo used also a Blue Heat Sink in d final, but it was a Sirio of course
Old 09-26-2003, 07:56 AM   #239
Tech Addict

John, I don't come here very often, so if this isn't fixed by the middle of last week, please remind me over on sgrid.

The reason you can't find those pictures right now, is that when Joaquin fixed whatever I broke, he turned the "starting grid 2" area back on, but he was in a hurry and didn't turn the other area back on. He's gone for the weekend. I'll try to get it all fixed next week. Actually, if I can put my own computer over there, with more disk space, I can use it to store all the pictures, so I don't have to keep moving things around to free up space.

Like I said though, I only come here once or twice a week, if that, so if you've got a question or message, post it on sgrid.
Old 09-26-2003, 09:01 PM   #240
Tech Addict

For an interesting graph comparing Lamberto, Ralph, and Karn, check out item #6 in the "Worlds" Conference at SGRID.