R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-13-2003, 08:42 AM   #1
Tech Adept

Default GT-4W vs V1SII

As the title stated, any1 have any comment on these 2 cars?? Planning to get 1 to start on, their price is almost the same in s'pore... From the box stated, the GT-4W can speed up to 100km/h with the engin provided and it has 2 spd gear... V1SII only has 1 spd (didn't stated the speed)... Need u guys to povide some advices, pros and cons on these 2 cars.... thz...

Last edited by blixelX; 09-14-2003 at 09:27 PM.
blixelX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:13 PM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Send a message via MSN to tkhoo
Default Re: GT-4 vs V1SII

Quote:
Originally posted by blixelX
As the title stated, any1 have any comment on these 2 cars?? Planning to get 1 to start on, their price is almost the same in s'pore... From the box stated, the GT-4 can speed up to 100km/h with the engin provided and it has 2 spd gear... V1SII only has 1 spd (didn't stated the speed)... Need u guys to povide some advices, pros and cons on these 2 cars.... thz...
hi, I own a GT4 and she trate me quite nice. GT4 is a competition touring car but Kyosho V1S is a not for competition. Ucan find GT4 at race but u an't find V1S at race. So, I don't know the pros and cons and u can get the results from what I mention above.
tkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:21 PM   #3
Tech Master

Quote:
As the title stated, any1 have any comment on these 2 cars?? Planning to get 1 to start on, their price is almost the same in s'pore... From the box stated, the GT-4 can speed up to 100km/h with the engin provided and it has 2 spd gear... V1SII only has 1 spd (didn't stated the speed)... Need u guys to povide some advices, pros and cons on these 2 cars.... thz...
Go for the GT4!

I don't think the V1sII could even make 60km/h in its box standard form. Needs a lot of upgrades and that cost more money!!

So stick to the GT4!
x_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 10:30 PM   #4
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to alana07

Quote:
kit prices about the same? what about spare parts like arms, belts etc... which is cheaper, yok or kyosho?? which brand has more spare support in terms of LHS stocking them? remember, speed is nothing without control. both cars are quite good though. just my s$0.002.....
Old 09-14-2003, 04:52 PM   #5
Tech Master

Send a message via ICQ to sausage_link

I'd go the V-one S... I own one and they are build so strong and are incredibly fast!
Dont just think that because it can get to 100mph that its best.
sausage_link is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2003, 05:53 PM   #6
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by sausage_link
I'd go the V-one S... I own one and they are build so strong and are incredibly fast!
Dont just think that because it can get to 100mph that its best.
I didn't say that GT-4W is good coz it can speed up to 100km/h from box and V1SII is nor good... just wanna state out what I knew/ saw from the box...

I open this thread is for some guys out there hav some experience on these 2 car and provide me some unknown features or pros and cons of the cars... Dun get me wrong...

Anyway, for the support of these 2 cars, its about the same...

Besides that, is GT-4W a very old car? (when was this car launched?) didn't many see ppl talk about this car nowadays... and heard that there is problem on the gear, always strip, is this true?

P/s: Had amended some of my previous post, the model for the yokomo should be GT-4W...

Last edited by blixelX; 09-14-2003 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-15-2003, 11:38 PM   #7
Tech Adept

Default GT-4W or V1SII??

Any other driver here has any comment on these 2 car??? Really dunno which 1 to go for...
Old 09-15-2003, 11:51 PM   #8
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (98%+)
Send a message via MSN to tkhoo
Default Re: GT-4W or V1SII??

Quote:
Any other driver here has any comment on these 2 car??? Really dunno which 1 to go for...
Go for GT4
tkhoo is offline   Reply With Quote