Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
What is going on with Serpent in the US market? >

What is going on with Serpent in the US market?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is going on with Serpent in the US market?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2008, 05:35 PM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STRICTLYSERPENT
How much do you want for the one in the box?

Mine was run 3 times...in a parking lot. Perfect shape, and I have the upgrade kit in the box..
Old 10-07-2008, 06:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snakebarnes960
The Veteq did not work so Serpent went to the NT. The NT was a good car.
the NT was terrible - and short lived, it was replace really really quickly... that front shock tower design was so ridiculously fragile. Anyone who's built and driven an MRX-2 or MRX-3 at the time would just laugh at the car's quality (I had both Serpent and Mugen at the time).

Serpent hit their peak with the vector. Of course they can still TQ world-class races, but what matters is how good their cars are for the average joe racer like me. Salven is a genius, not many of us are.

Paul
Old 10-07-2008, 06:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

We from Toilet duck advise you to use Toilet duck -

I absolutely love that one!!!

Paul
Old 10-07-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Adept

looks like something is going on...

Look what i found!!!

www.serpentamerica.com
Old 10-07-2008, 03:52 PM
Tech Adept

its about time......
Old 10-07-2008, 04:59 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Every thing will be good! Just give a little more time!
Old 10-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Thats right guys... Everything is falling into place as it should... Stick around...
Old 10-08-2008, 07:02 AM
Tech Rookie

Ricktsu,
It looks as though you are a team driver for Serpent America? They must really plan on attacking the market if they are putting a team together before they are up in operation. Why is it a seceret who the owners and president will be?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Tech Elite

Location: Louisville, KY!.. USA!! ....Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lonestar
the NT was terrible - and short lived, it was replace really really quickly... that front shock tower design was so ridiculously fragile. Anyone who's built and driven an MRX-2 or MRX-3 at the time would just laugh at the car's quality (I had both Serpent and Mugen at the time).

Serpent hit their peak with the vector. Of course they can still TQ world-class races, but what matters is how good their cars are for the average joe racer like me. Salven is a genius, not many of us are.

Paul

If Salven were a genius, he wouldn't have peaked with the vector...
Old 10-08-2008, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I too have a brand new built VETEQ V1 and V2...since day one, it sit on the carpet, and it is still sitting on carpet. The Veteq just plain looks good...period.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CANTBEATGAS
Ricktsu,
It looks as though you are a team driver for Serpent America? They must really plan on attacking the market if they are putting a team together before they are up in operation. Why is it a seceret who the owners and president will be?
There is no secret who the owner is
Old 10-08-2008, 08:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CANTBEATGAS
Ricktsu,
Like Team Kamikaze said... theres is no secret in who the new president is... It is just not announced officially... Like I said, let us wait... Everything takes time, we are trying to do it as fast as possible.
Old 10-08-2008, 09:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fastharry
If Salven were a genius, he wouldn't have peaked with the vector...
So why don't you tell us something about yourself Harry.....have you designed any RC cars recently that have won thousands of races lately?

You sound pretty bitter about a few things.

Steve
Old 10-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Tech Regular

Hello Guys:

Few weeks ago, the notice that serpent was re-organizing spread all over the world. Not only at the main headquarters, also here in US. There were a lot of rumors,some true and others don't, the bottom line, every move was done to keep the brand competitive, not only in pricing, but in quality and service too.

Earlier on this tread I posted some initial information about the new company Serpent America, at that time we were still organizing everything, it really surprise me how much work it takes to setup everything. We didn't made a public statement yet , due to fact that there were some kinks that needed to be iron.

For those worried for parts, as mentioned before, there are a lot of dealers that still have plenty of parts, some others that are low, will start receiving parts too. We are also receiving parts from Serpent and Xceed. Those interested to see some new products, Serpent and Xceed will have a booth at the Chicago Hobby Expo next week.

Dealers will receive soon our new contact information. For those that need any help Paolo, Doug and I will be glad to help. You can send any request to [email protected]

We should also have our web page working soon and the new phone numbers.

Thanks to those that believe and kept their confidence.

Edgar Tirado
President
Serpent America
Old 10-08-2008, 07:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xspower
I do not know if I would say it was a lemon. That car when it was set up right was a bullet and anyone who saw the car run right knew that. But the problems were in the knowledge of the setup. I do not really care what car it is they all have little issues so in my own opinion there is not a perfect car out there. Just is not possible but man I saw the car and working right that car gave anyone a run for there money.

Just my 2 cents.
"So raising rate linkages, front and rear, simple and complex, blossomed all over the place for a couple years. And everybody got terribly confused. Car A would be faster than a speeding bullet at Track X, the next week, at Track Y, the car would be a stone-and, despite fiddling with everything that was fiddleable, would remain so. One more time we had complicated the vehicle beyond our capability to deal with it."
-Carroll Smith, Tune To Win, 1978

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.