Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-26-2008, 05:13 AM   #61
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote from 3hobby.net:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmoothSteady
Its the same news from a few weeks ago.

The bankrupcy seems to be part of the legal process and until this is completed, there'll be most probably no statement from Serpent - otherwise, they could land themselve in some legal difficulties.

All the info I have from speaking with Michael Salven and the German importer is that everything will be up and running with the new operation in the next few weeks.
Old 09-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #62
Tech Rookie

With all the rumors and nothing being said by anyone from Serpent “up and running in a FEW weeks” might be the end of Serpent here in the USA. They have increasingly lost product share here over the past few years and there isn’t anyone here buying a Serpent now not knowing what is going to happen. So their piece of the pie just gets smaller. The old saying “No news is good news” could be detrimental in this case. It is unfortunate. The 960-08 is the best product they have ever made. But with all the choices of Kyosho, Montonica, Mugan, Shepard, (maybe a new one soon) and Serpent, the market of 1/8th On-Road is pretty croweded.
CANTBEATGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:05 AM   #63
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally Posted by CANTBEATGAS View Post
With all the rumors and nothing being said by anyone from Serpent “up and running in a FEW weeks” might be the end of Serpent here in the USA. They have increasingly lost product share here over the past few years and there isn’t anyone here buying a Serpent now not knowing what is going to happen. So their piece of the pie just gets smaller. The old saying “No news is good news” could be detrimental in this case. It is unfortunate. The 960-08 is the best product they have ever made. But with all the choices of Kyosho, Montonica, Mugan, Shepard, (maybe a new one soon) and Serpent, the market of 1/8th On-Road is pretty croweded.

to this day, I believe they hurt themselves with the VETEQ mess....I know I never bought another serpent product after that, as well as my other friend who had one as well........The memories of a good screwing last a lifetime........
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #64
Tech Master

It was not the fact that they made a lemon it was how they tried to screw over the customers like you said. I lost faith in their customer support . When they cmae out with their F-1 there was no way I was going to buy one with it looked like a re- make of a Veteq using all those parts that looked like they came off that lemon.
nitrohead5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:00 AM   #65
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to Riketsu

Guys, you really are too desperate... This thread started last week... A FEW weeks is not one week... Please be patient as the transition is complete.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:46 AM   #66
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I dont know what all the fuss is about. I have no problem getting any Serpent product I need. In fact, Im picking up a new 720 today, to go with my 960. After jumping from Kyosho to Serpent, I dont know why I didnt make the jump sooner.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:58 AM   #67
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
I dont know what all the fuss is about. I have no problem getting any Serpent product I need. In fact, Im picking up a new 720 today, to go with my 960. After jumping from Kyosho to Serpent, I dont know why I didnt make the jump sooner.
Same as I... Just got a 960 and a 720 last month...
Old 09-26-2008, 02:07 PM   #68
Suspended

i wish i can find a new in box s400....
OILMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 02:32 PM   #69
Tech Adept

rc-union.com has it in stock. $399.99. i've ordered from the a couple of times. they re good.
Sponsored by: my checkbook
ceaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:46 PM   #70
Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceaz View Post
rc-union.com has it in stock. $399.99. i've ordered from the a couple of times. they re good.
wow..they even have the S120 in stock...i wanted to buy in the usa though but i may have to order overseas...
OILMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:27 PM   #71
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrohead5300 View Post
It was not the fact that they made a lemon it was how they tried to screw over the customers like you said. I lost faith in their customer support . When they cmae out with their F-1 there was no way I was going to buy one with it looked like a re- make of a Veteq using all those parts that looked like they came off that lemon.

I do not know if I would say it was a lemon. That car when it was set up right was a bullet and anyone who saw the car run right knew that. But the problems were in the knowledge of the setup. I do not really care what car it is they all have little issues so in my own opinion there is not a perfect car out there. Just is not possible but man I saw the car and working right that car gave anyone a run for there money.

Just my 2 cents.
xspower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:35 PM   #72
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILMAN View Post
wow..they even have the S120 in stock...i wanted to buy in the usa though but i may have to order overseas...
IT will be soon available in USA.
Edgar Millenium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 04:43 PM   #73
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspower View Post
I do not know if I would say it was a lemon. That car when it was set up right was a bullet and anyone who saw the car run right knew that. But the problems were in the knowledge of the setup. I do not really care what car it is they all have little issues so in my own opinion there is not a perfect car out there. Just is not possible but man I saw the car and working right that car gave anyone a run for there money.

Just my 2 cents.
I 100% agree with this comment. Michael Salven sure looked good with the car. The suspension was a bit tricky for some but to call it a lemon is a "joke".

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 07:36 PM   #74
Tech Elite

My personal opinion, is I never buy kits from overseas... Shipping always kills the price... Plus its $400+ your losing you have very very bad luck and the package ends up lost and the website doesn't want to refund (which has happened).
Old 09-27-2008, 12:17 AM   #75
Tech Initiate

Hi,

I'm from France and in fact the webmaster of Yome3000,

In France we haven't spoken about all that during the last months even if it isn't easy to find some parts now.

The discussion is just beginning perhaps because the new S120 creates news.

But what I may tell you is that:

I have mailed to my friend Ronald many times during the last weeks.

His last words announced me clearly the beginning of a production normal comingback.
Especially in the next days for 960 720 and ...yep the small new one the S120.

All that has been confirmed on my website by someone from RB PRODUCTS, the french SERPENT distributor like you know,

So stay happy to be SERPENT...
Future will be better

Regards
Judge

Last edited by JudgeFR; 09-27-2008 at 12:37 AM.
JudgeFR is offline   Reply With Quote