R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 11-25-2008, 02:51 PM   #166
Tech Rookie

OK, Go to that link and buy a 960 kit. Oh sorry, you can't, they are "out of stock". Well maybe just uprade your 960, Oh "out of stock". You could just get a touring kit, Oh, "out of stock".
CANTBEATGAS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:24 PM   #167
Tech Regular

umm dats y he asked u wat u needed.I ordered a 720 from kamikazi and it took like a week to get to their shop.when they were out of stock

Last edited by cho~ke; 11-25-2008 at 10:39 PM.
cho~ke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:26 PM   #168
Tech Fanatic

Cantbeatgas; we are very sorry about the website delay and how it makes you feel. Unfortunately none of us are experts in the computer/website area and we are relying on a company to do it. We have encountered some delays due incompatibility with the accounting system and merchant accounts. Please have some more patience and very soon the website will be live. Believe, we are more interested than you to have this solved.

By the way, I appreciate your inputs and your dedication to our brand. Out of your total posts, the majority is to talk about our brand. Thank you for supporting us.
Paolo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 03:09 AM   #169
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paolo M View Post
By the way, I appreciate your inputs and your dedication to our brand. Out of your total posts, the majority is to talk about our brand. Thank you for supporting us.
Old 11-26-2008, 04:05 AM   #170
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Even bad publicity is publicity.....
Old 11-26-2008, 08:19 AM   #171
Tech Regular

The latest version of the 960 is by far the best car Serpent has developed to date. Unfortunately the Serpent following has all but disappeared here in the Midwest area. I have been a supporter for Serpent for the last 7 years. There has not been anyone coming to me wanting to get into a Serpent in the past 2 years though. Itís a shame, itís a great car. Serpent used to dominate the market here. But now that racers have changed to other brands thereís not much incentive for them to go back. I will continue to support anyone that runs a Serpent with track side sales but there hasnít been very much demand for parts lately. I know there are Serpent owners that will stick up for Serpent, and they should, but if you donít add to your customer base itís very tough. What would it take to have racers switch to Serpent instead of away from Serpent?
Mark Unger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:21 AM   #172
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Unger View Post
The latest version of the 960 is by far the best car Serpent has developed to date. Unfortunately the Serpent following has all but disappeared here in the Midwest area. I have been a supporter for Serpent for the last 7 years. There has not been anyone coming to me wanting to get into a Serpent in the past 2 years though. Itís a shame, itís a great car. Serpent used to dominate the market here. But now that racers have changed to other brands thereís not much incentive for them to go back. I will continue to support anyone that runs a Serpent with track side sales but there hasnít been very much demand for parts lately. I know there are Serpent owners that will stick up for Serpent, and they should, but if you donít add to your customer base itís very tough. What would it take to have racers switch to Serpent instead of away from Serpent?
I don't know what the pricing structure in the US looks like, but I can tell you for a fact, that plenty of Serpent racers here in Europe have turned to Mugen, simply because the spare parts cost roughly half of what the Serpent parts cost. This is very important for privateers that pay for each single part they destroy.

Also, the Mugen MTX4 is quite a bit more durable than the 720. I can't speak for 8th scale since I don't run that anymore...
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 09:39 AM   #173
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Spur gears must be really cheap, at the rate the MTX4 goes through them.

Last edited by nitrodude; 11-26-2008 at 04:38 PM.
nitrodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:39 AM   #174
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

wher can i get S400 parts in asia? rear diff pulley (35t), center aluminium pulley (16t), belts, aluminium cvds, aluminium track rods... a lot of serpent s400 racers that i know in my area r having problem getting parts like i mentioned... parts for 720 n 960 ain't a problem at all... still running serpents, n will still run a serpent again... but err, we do need parts for our cars to run... hopefully, will be able to get them soon... getting from USA is juz too costly (shipping)... thanks...

get well soon serpent..!
fly_wheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 04:24 PM   #175
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I don't know what the pricing structure in the US looks like, but I can tell you for a fact, that plenty of Serpent racers here in Europe have turned to Mugen, simply because the spare parts cost roughly half of what the Serpent parts cost. This is very important for privateers that pay for each single part they destroy.

Also, the Mugen MTX4 is quite a bit more durable than the 720. I can't speak for 8th scale since I don't run that anymore...
Stefan,

Do you have an internal alarm that goes off in your brain that says " a week has gone by...I must go on a Serpent thread and bad mouth their car or customer service or yada, yada, yada. Seek Help dude. Gee.... that's an interesting avatar you got there...

Steve
Fasttrax Racing Series / NORA On Road Series
corallyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 10:31 PM   #176
Tech Elite

Send a message via AIM to stefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Stefan,

Do you have an internal alarm that goes off in your brain that says " a week has gone by...I must go on a Serpent thread and bad mouth their car or customer service or yada, yada, yada. Seek Help dude. Gee.... that's an interesting avatar you got there...

Steve
WTF?

I am not bad mouthing Serpent, I am just stating a fact. Check out ANY online shop and compare Serpent spare prices with Mugen for example and you'll see a considerable difference, which leads to a lot of people switching to other brands.

Mark Ungar is asking himself, why so many people turn away and I just stated one of the proven facts why they do.

Get a reality check.

One of my best racing buddies also has Serpent tatooed to his forehead, like obviously a lot of people here. He's been a Serpent dealer for over 20 years and even he's saying that if nothing ground breaking happens to Serpent's pricing and quality, he won't be able to support the brand anymore.

But hey, what do I know, Bubba

Btw, I don't need help, I run Mugen.
And if you like the avatar, help yourself and copy it
stefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 12:16 AM   #177
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrodude View Post
Spur gears must be really cheap, at the rate the MTX4 goes through them.
It is..

Anyways.. Serpent had made great cars so does other brands. Why bicker?
Enjoy the hobby and the kits you like.. that's it.
Old 11-27-2008, 01:03 AM   #178
mrx
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fly_wheel View Post
wher can i get S400 parts in asia? rear diff pulley (35t), center aluminium pulley (16t), belts, aluminium cvds, aluminium track rods... a lot of serpent s400 racers that i know in my area r having problem getting parts like i mentioned... parts for 720 n 960 ain't a problem at all... still running serpents, n will still run a serpent again... but err, we do need parts for our cars to run... hopefully, will be able to get them soon... getting from USA is juz too costly (shipping)... thanks...

get well soon serpent..!
You will have what you want as long as you come over here next week.
mrx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2008, 02:06 AM   #179
M7H
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefan View Post
I don't know what the pricing structure in the US looks like, but I can tell you for a fact, that plenty of Serpent racers here in Europe have turned to Mugen, simply because the spare parts cost roughly half of what the Serpent parts cost.
They also have half the lifetime...

In fact, I've heard that the dollar price of Mugen parts stayed the same or even went up, when the Euro price went down....
And this was a smart move from Mugen, not only to gain customers, but also to avoid people in Europe going to order parts online from low dollar countries....

If they can, Serpent should do the same...
But also the price of Kyosho parts is of the same level as Serpent, and Kyosho is not lowering there prices, like Mugen did....
Old 11-27-2008, 02:49 AM   #180
Tech Champion

Send a message via ICQ to Roelof

Quote:
Originally Posted by M7H View Post
They also have half the lifetime...

In fact, I've heard that the dollar price of Mugen parts stayed the same or even went up, when the Euro price went down....
And this was a smart move from Mugen, not only to gain customers, but also to avoid people in Europe going to order parts online from low dollar countries....
Martin, I believe you are still running Hudy made shafts in your Serpent from which I know people are looking for because the later shafts are Asia made and have also half the lifetime....
Be realistic, a longer lifespan is nice to have but if you can buy 3 complete sets for the price of one then for the same price you have 1.5 the life....
This year I only replaced the front oneway, the rear middle shaft, the gearbox shaft, 2x the pins of the dogbones and 3 sets of belts (gears not included).
For 6 national races, 7 clubraces and a lot of testwork I can not say there is a short life of the parts.