R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2003, 10:40 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default Active Hobby in Japan

Does anybody know a retailer online or contactable from Australia which sells the Active Hobby range of items?

http://www.active-hobby.com/

Please let me know if you know of somebody who can get this stuff.

Thanks!!
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 10:46 PM   #2
Tech Master
 
tl2111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Love 1/8th
Posts: 1,561
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to tl2111
Default Re: Active Hobby in Japan

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Does anybody know a retailer online or contactable from Australia which sells the Active Hobby range of items?

http://www.active-hobby.com/

Please let me know if you know of somebody who can get this stuff.

Thanks!!
The hobbyman in Mel.
tl2111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 12:03 AM   #3
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 338
Default

The Hobbyman in melb sells active tyres (do they make anything but? I dunno) but if you are willing to buy in bulk you can go to www.rc-champ.co.jp and get them for more than 2/3 of the price including the tax, paypal charge AND shipping.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 12:40 AM   #4
Tech Elite
 
AMGRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 3,939
Default

Do those guys get the AC hopups from active as well?? Or the Racing Art bodies??
AMGRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:47 AM   #5
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by AMGRacer
Do those guys get the AC hopups from active as well?? Or the Racing Art bodies??
I think they just get the tyres.

Hobbyman - Ask for Rob.

(03) 9794-5999
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:44 AM   #6
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
I think they just get the tyres.

Hobbyman - Ask for Rob.

(03) 9794-5999
Active tyres... how would they compare with GRP or is that a stupid question ?
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:49 AM   #7
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Active tyres... how would they compare with GRP or is that a stupid question ?
No, not a stupid question, at all.
They seem to be more consistant and they certainly last longer.
They're also more expensive, but I reckon we're in front overall.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:54 AM   #8
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
No, not a stupid question, at all.
They seem to be more consistant and they certainly last longer.
They're also more expensive, but I reckon we're in front overall.
Interesting .... I'll have to get my hands on some to try.

Do the wheels look good ?

What compounds do you usually use? Same F/R?
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 05:03 AM   #9
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Interesting .... I'll have to get my hands on some to try.

Do the wheels look good ?

What compounds do you usually use? Same F/R?
Ryan, we don't really care what the wheels look like, now do we?
For Lilydale 37/37 will see you right, but remember you will go through more rears than fronts.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 05:08 AM   #10
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
Ryan, we don't really care what the wheels look like, now do we?
For Lilydale 37/37 will see you right, but remember you will go through more rears than fronts.
I guess I should invest in a tyre truer at some stage, eh?

You going to Lilydale tomorrow? But if the weather in Adelaide i'm seeing on the footy comes here then I don't like our chances !
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 05:16 AM   #11
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
I guess I should invest in a tyre truer at some stage, eh?

You going to Lilydale tomorrow? But if the weather in Adelaide i'm seeing on the footy comes here then I don't like our chances !
A truer would be handy - then I wouldn't have to borrow DC's.
Won't be at Lilydale tomorrow . . . my daughter's first communion.

I'll expect to see your report on the V-One R thread tomorrow night after the freeloaders have left here.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 05:19 AM   #12
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 585
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
A truer would be handy - then I wouldn't have to borrow DC's.
Won't be at Lilydale tomorrow . . . my daughter's first communion.

I'll expect to see your report on the V-One R thread tomorrow night after the freeloaders have left here.
Who... what... freeloaders ?
V-One S Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 05:29 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
Taylor-Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Melbourne OZ
Posts: 2,066
Default

Quote:
Originally posted by V-One S Racer
Who... what... freeloaders ?
Family/friends will arrive back at my place after the first communion and expect to be fed . . . . . . . freeloaders.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
A210ss Active Hobby Touring Car chicagokenji Micro and Mini Scales 4 05-08-2008 01:58 PM
Active Hobby bodies charlesd Nitro On-Road 1 07-29-2007 06:21 AM
Active Hobby Atenza SR (200mm) Body rmdhawaii Nitro On-Road 20 05-07-2007 06:03 AM
Active Hobby - Mini 4WD fleagun Australia For Sale/Trade 6 03-12-2007 11:15 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:53 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net