R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road

Old 09-07-2003, 11:25 PM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default What peak charger do you guys recommend?

i need a peak charger for my TX/RX battery packs.
I was looking at the integy 16X2 Pro V2.5. Will this work?
What would you guys recommend? i don't want to spend to much but want a decent charger. thanks
EnzoFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2003, 11:43 PM   #2
Que
Tech Adept

The best charger i found for the money is the Great Planes Trition Electrifly it does all batterys even 12v gel cell or lead acid! also you can use it in the field because it runs on DC you just need a ac converter if you are going to use it at home! total for the package is about 100.00 us for the charger and 70.00 us for the power converter
Que is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 12:14 AM   #3
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

I have a 12v battery charger for my starterbox, and I use a LRP Pulsar charger for the Rx Batteries. I can also use this charger for racepacs should I ever decide to run electric.

Murnan Modified Motors

Mugen MRx4

Rocket Science Fuels

Auto Racing, Mountain climbing, and Bull fighting are the only true sports, all the rest are just games.
theRED5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 06:06 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

I hev 2 novaks,2 n powers,an Ionic,an LRP,etc...

You know my new favorite?

The ne w 969 Superbrain from MRC.......Ac/dc......does 2 batterys at one time....

Want to peak up you starter box?.....No problem..does BOTH batterys.....

Will do 2 recicer batterys,1 transmitter and 1 car,ANY combo you can think of..plus it does Lithium and Lead acid..and discharges at 3 amps.....

Has a built in fan(unlike the oldones)....

I've been cranking on it for 2 weeks trying to blow it up....Handles everything I can throw at it...

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXEVC7&P=7

fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 07:01 AM   #5
Tech Initiate

My neighbor has that same charger and he was also bragging about how good it was for the money. looks like a nice charger.
EnzoFerrari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 08:03 AM   #6
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry

<SNIP>

Handles everything I can throw at it...
fastharry,
Is this the one you were talking about some time ago.
The spec. says it'll do 8 cells - what about a 9 cell Tx pack?
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 09:28 AM   #7
Tech Regular

hey is it me, or is fastharry's signature file WAY too long. I'm tired of looking at 11 lines of his signature and scrolling through extras screens for his signature drivle.
treky11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 10:00 AM   #8
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Send a message via ICQ to Ah10 Send a message via AIM to Ah10 Send a message via Yahoo to Ah10

I am using this one

SUPERNOVA 250S Fast Cycler
Part Number: FC700

The SUPER NOVA is the most sophisticated battery conditioning system available today at a price one third that of competing products. SUPER NOVA can discharge and rapid charge from 1 to 25 cells from a +12VDC supply such as a car battery or your field box battery. SUPER NOVA is a microprocessor controlled cycler meant primarily for power packs used for power for electric cars, boats, and airplanes. The “super” feature is that the user can store the cycle parameters for up to 10 different battery packs in memory. Just select the memory location for the pack you want and all parameters are there and set without worrying whether you have them right. Function of SUPER NOVA describes the optimum technique used by competitive electric model operators for some time, but never before available in an affordable package. The user charges a pack at C/10 on his overnight system charger to equalize the cells. Before competing, SUPER NOVA then discharges the pack at a discharge rate programmed via the microprocessor to be from 0.5 to 3.0 amps. The discharge capacity is presented on an LCD display. At completion of discharge, SUPER NOVA rapid charges the pack at any rate programmed into the microprocessor between 0.1 and 5 amps until the pack reaches full charge and delta peak cutoff occurs. The unit automatically switches to trickle charge and maintains the peak charge on the pack until you need the pack.

Recommended Accessories: One 201BCB cable that is a 9", 2.5mm barrel cable to two bannana plugs; and a 501MC Versatile Adapter that will allow interface of most popular radio equipment via the above cable. PS2-12US to connect the FC700 to your AC wall outlet for use in your shop.

**just one side note, if you decided to go EP you can still use this charger too! and it can charge Gel Cell too(the one on your starter box). And since it cal also charge from 1 to 25 cells that means you can program it to charge your glow ignitor too.

Last edited by Ah10; 09-08-2003 at 10:59 AM.
Ah10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 04:32 PM   #9
Tech Elite

Location: Mahwah, NJ.. USA!! ..... Home of http://www.fastharry.com
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Skype™ to fastharry™

Quote:
Originally posted by Taylor-Racing
fastharry,
Is this the one you were talking about some time ago.
The spec. says it'll do 8 cells - what about a 9 cell Tx pack?
not according to the instructions.....I had asked Novak about that issue awhile back......They said it had something to do with the way teh chargers are programmed to read what the battery is doing..and that adding 9 cell capability meant that had to increase the power source,and reprogram the charger to charge what they felt wasn't an industry standard...

I'm sure MRC would give me the same answer..I'll calln them if you like and find out..
fastharry™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2003, 05:44 PM   #10
Tech Elite

Default What peak charger do you guys recommend?

Guys;

Any Peak Charger that will charge at 1 amps or less and is NiMh friendly should do the trick.

I personally like Chargers with a Digital Display so I know exactly what my Batts are doing.
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 01:44 AM   #11
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally posted by fastharry

<SNIP>
I'm sure MRC would give me the same answer..I'll calln them if you like and find out..
Nah, don't worry - but thanks for the offer.
I just liked the hassle free idea of charging everything at once.
Taylor-Racing is offline   Reply With Quote