Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro On-Road
Leaking Header!!! >

Leaking Header!!!

Leaking Header!!!

Old 09-04-2003, 04:32 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Leaking Header!!!

i got a picco/omega XT .12 Rear exhaust engine on my car and it's leaking fuel out the header. Im using a novarossi .12 header. The gap around the rear exhaust of the motor is pretty big. Is this normal or do i need a different header ? Or bigger rubber spacer?
Old 09-04-2003, 08:30 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Probably need a thicker gasket.
Old 09-05-2003, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Picco exhaust outlet ports are smaller than most others. You need a Picco specific exhaust header and a Picco gasket (also different than most).
Old 09-05-2003, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Leaks?

I use the same header on my MT .12 and sometimes I'll get a leak on the bottom. And it's caused by me brushing a wall on the pipe side (not that I ever do that! lol)You probley checked this but if the header isn't perfectly straight it wont seal. You can also use a dab of sensor safe Hi temp silicone. But just use a small amount.
Old 09-06-2003, 06:34 AM
Tech Addict

Default r r r (seals)

rd logics makes a orange header seal and it works on my picco try one and see..
Old 09-06-2003, 08:37 AM
Tech Adept

I use A/C "O" rings for sealing, they last long than the regular gaskets made by any brand and won't leak any drop of nitro on my car,
Old 09-06-2003, 11:00 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by paulfitipauldi
I use A/C "O" rings for sealing, they last long than the regular gaskets made by any brand and won't leak any drop of nitro on my car,
Paul, very interesting... What o rings are there? A/C as in air conditioning? Any pics?
Old 09-06-2003, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Big KAT
Picco exhaust outlet ports are smaller than most others. You need a Picco specific exhaust header and a Picco gasket (also different than most).
The above from 'Big KAT' and my experience, is the ONLY acceptable solution with Picco's.

The Black O.S. Gaskets seem to last longer than any others.
Using a second spring on the Header to keep the Exhaust piping from moving around and this helps too.
Old 09-06-2003, 02:04 PM
Tech Regular

Default Re: Leaking Header!!!

Originally posted by EnzoFerrari
i got a picco/omega XT .12 Rear exhaust engine on my car and it's leaking fuel out the header. Im using a novarossi .12 header. The gap around the rear exhaust of the motor is pretty big. Is this normal or do i need a different header ? Or bigger rubber spacer?
To fix the leak we used the Team Orion headder & gasket.
for some reason Picco makes their exhaust outlet smaller than the Rossi's But then again, maybe they are hoping for header sales as well
Old 09-08-2003, 01:22 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by InitialD
Paul, very interesting... What o rings are there? A/C as in air conditioning? Any pics?
Sorry D!! no pics on this one,, but yes there are Air Conditioning "O" rings,, they are green colored, and tell you guys any gasket from any brand can't beat the durability of an A/C "O" ring,, , these "O" rings comes in diferents measures, so , I recomend to take your engine to a Auto parts or an A/C parts for cars, and put the "O" ring that fit your exhaust but when you put the header it should enter thight,, belive me this should cure all your problems of leaking by the exahust,,!!!!

Ciao!!